REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Today I will change.

It seems as though history repeats itself, I have asked my first crush out again...its my second time doing so, and boy do I ever regret it. So I guess since grade 8, my love life haven't changed one bit, I am still single (duh) and I am still making the same mistakes. Ever since I got rejected in grade 8, I have been trying to desensitize myself towards the feeling of "love", why you may ask? Because I am afraid. Afraid of all the things that I have to lose and none the of the gains. I have lost many female friends because of this, and I do not wish for this to happen again, because quiet frankly, good friends are hard to come by when you are 21. Today I swear this event will never happen again. I will not give up, however, on looking for a SO. I always thought the concept friend zone had exceptions, but today, I learned that those exceptions does not apply to me. On a second thought, I don't think changing of myself will do anything, instead of I will do more self investments. Yes, perhaps then, I can will find someone who is compatible with me. For those of you who are losing hope in your love, fear not, the hole is only as deep as you are willing to dig. Thanks for reading.

OmeletteBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 AM   #2

Why do you regret it? Now you know the answer for sure, and you'll be able to sleep at night.

You shouldn't let a single rejection that happened half a decade ago effect your life in a negative way. It should be a learning experience. Every rejection is an opportunity to learn from. In a way, without it, you would be in an even worse position. Rejection is normal...it's only when you begin to take risks that any real gains can start to happen

Finding an SO is not something you do, or you don't. It's a process, so just enjoy the process of looking, and don't immediately fixate on finding that special someone.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 AM   #3
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmeletteBoy View Post
On a second thought, I don't think changing of myself will do anything, instead of I will do more self investments.
the easiest thing for self improvement is to get into shape and get "buffer". no one's asking you to become a muscle freak, but that's the easiest thing you can improve on yourself. and it's a passive improvement, it is shown off all the time without you having to talk about it.

the 2nd thing is money, lol go make it. girls will come if you have the above two. that is assuming you're not socially awkward and have half a pair of balls.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
the 2nd thing is money, lol go make it. girls will come if you have the above two. that is assuming you're not socially awkward and have half a pair of balls.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
I say congratulations on the new attitude,
you're not going to get anywhere in the world feeling sorry for yourself.

So grab your pair and face the world.

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

self improvement from the starting point of being socially awkward and growing half a pair of balls is probably the most difficult part though

u can have a great body and have a wad of cash, it wouldnt matter in a city like vancouver if u dont know how to talk to ppl or girls

i can imagine your first or second or even third relationship not lasting too long OP, good luck though
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I dun agree you are making mistake or you have to change, there is nothing wrong with being honest, to your friend and to yourself. If you have feelings towards someone, by all means tell her.

Like what you said good friends are hard to come by, how close can you guys get when you are withholding your feelings towards that person? If she decide that she can't stay friend with soneone who's completely honest to her, it's entirely her loss ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

good job!!! i've always wanted to improve my own social skills but never really know how to start...
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

^^Just keep talking to people and you will eventually learn. You learn from experience and it is not something you read from a book.
lonelydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6_4life View Post
good job!!! i've always wanted to improve my own social skills but never really know how to start...
how do I put this....
success breeds success.

all you gotta do is go out there and have fun with it.
Of course, it does help if you have a good amount of knowledge regarding how to be social; or you could just be good looking and take it from there lol

-Physixx
Old 06-03-2009, 03:10 AM   #11
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
if u dont know how to talk to ppl or girls
How hard is it to talk to people? I think its presenting yourself in a way to set yourself apart from others that is the key.
Socializing isn't difficult at all. The fear of rejection is always the most difficult barrier to overcome.
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #12
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
how do I put this....
success breeds success.

all you gotta do is go out there and have fun with it.
Of course, it does help if you have a good amount of knowledge regarding how to be social; or you could just be good looking and take it from there lol

-Physixx
Learn from Physixx, he will be writing a book soon.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
self improvement from the starting point of being socially awkward and growing half a pair of balls is probably the most difficult part though

u can have a great body and have a wad of cash, it wouldnt matter in a city like vancouver if u dont know how to talk to ppl or girls

i can imagine your first or second or even third relationship not lasting too long OP, good luck though
aggreeed....

i mean there are lotsa guys with great body and shitloads of cash in vancouver

girls like that can hop from one guy to another

its how you talk to them that will win them
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
I STILL don't get it

Once classified as a friend, always in the friendszone but of course there are always exceptions

http://www.laddertheory.com/

You'll find your SO usually when you're not even looking for one. Good Luck to you!
gerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
Great. And I'll have to edit it. He knows why.

OP: Good for you! There is always hope. Every single rejection, heartscar, puts you on a path towards where you want to be, so as long as you dont give up.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 View Post
Soon. But in the mean time, I can write an erotic novel for you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
Great. And I'll have to edit it. He knows why.
That sounds so fiendishly kinky. Maybe I'll add that to my novel.

Physixx Out.
This post thanked by: