REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 PM   #26
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

god of gamblers is a classic
Advertisement
daica-viet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #27
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

ANY STEPHEN CHOW MOVIE
FlyingHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #29
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
If you like action movies and Donnie Yen. Bodyguards and Assassins was okay, although the storyline was just so-so. Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen was good; it's based on Bruce Lee's character in the movie Fist of Fury (there was also a TVB series based on the same name which starred Donnie Yen as well).
alright, thanks. i'll look em up =)
legit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
does anyone know where I can find legit asian blu-rays locally (preferrably not online)
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #31
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
does anyone know where I can find legit asian blu-rays locally (preferrably not online)
MAL in Richmond.

http://www.malmusic.com/malStores.asp?lang=E
Old 03-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #32
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
anyone know the YOUTUBE link to this movie - marriage with a liar?
or is there a site iphone compatible you can watch movies on?

kay heres a few more movies

Last edited by insomniac; 03-30-2011 at 08:47 PM.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 AM   #33
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_dan View Post
anyone watch Monga?
Taiwanese film about 5 high school friends & the triads. it's set in southern Taiwan in the 80's

someone uploaded the subbed film onto youtube at 320p if you just search 'Monga'.

heres a subbed trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSLNCNCmM0

on a random note, one of the guy looks a lot like an asian tom cruise lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
LOL with the mullet? I thought he kinda looked like Sean William Scott at 55 seconds
Yeah he looks like Stifler... Tom Cruise??? wtf??? everyone i just watched it with was like "OMG STIFLER"

So just watched it.... the ending was totallllllllly retarded with that emo kid

the movie overall was pretty good though
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #34
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
the jade and the pearl was the stupidest movie ever
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #35
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
Yeah Black and White is a great drama. I heard they are filming Black and White 2 at the moment.
there is supposedly a movie coming out too, but chen jai tien/the pussy cop actor isn't in it

...kinda ruins it without him

trailer:

asdfpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #36

Shaolin - Andy Lau, Jackie Chan, Nick Tse

available for dl for a few weeks now it lokos like, just found out though
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,034 Times in 174 Posts
Poker King, funniest movie ever. Although you need to understand chinese to get the jokes because the subtitles dont perfectly translate it.
Posted via RS Mobile
fs604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

if you love watching Hong Kong Triads movies about gangsters and shiiiet , i recommend Election and Election II .

very intense movie, with a excellent story line. it's a 10/10 in my books
i also recommend ALL movies with Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung, and Wu Jing in them, 'cause the fight scenes are fucking sexy and are very well-choreographed.

i'm a Chinese Triads movie fanatic
6o4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Uhm . I hope I don't get in trouble for making this link public , but this website has really good chinese movies and other ones as well . www.phimhongkong.com . It has great movies and top notch quality (if you can find them) .

Some of my personal favourites . Ip Man 1 / 2 . Once up in China . Hero . The Myth (JACKIE CHAN MY FAVOURITE) .
duyxngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #40
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah he looks like Stifler... Tom Cruise??? wtf??? everyone i just watched it with was like "OMG STIFLER"
whoa, yeah you're right
he does look like the guy who played stifler (more) LOL
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #41
JF.
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

duno about you but i found this movie funny, what do you think?

JF. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Rob B Hood is a good movie , stars Jackie Chan .

If you are into romance , there are subs for this movie . I love this movie a lot the name was L for Love , L for Lies .
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Business for MAL is so dead due to ppl downloading movies these days, downloading= #1 piracy
king_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #44

no most people pay $1 for 10 chinese movies in crystal mall

fan ban has always been the #1 piracy for asians

pirated movies has always been the culture for asians ever since VHS/laser disc/VCDs its always been prevalent and "legit" companies are still able to fend/prosper for themselves

blaming piracy is just what people who can't deal with the times do because they're bad at business
look at the music industry, they were able to fix their mistakes of overcharging and providing music on an unpopular medium rather well
(the gut wrench reaction for most businesses is "its not may fault, lets look for something to blame" when its they who can't move with the times)

MAL, if anything, is losing business due to alll the chinese stores around it even seemingly legit stores that sell fan ban discs + all the bad films that have been coming out of asia
and they're losing out to a medium of online access (like blockbuster losing to netflix and amazon)
not to mention the chinese movie channels that we have now that actually show new movies

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-05-2011 at 02:35 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:26 AM   #45
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
no most people pay $1 for 10 chinese movies in crystal mall

fan ban has always been the #1 piracy for asians
for your info, $1 for 10 chinese movies do not exist. thats like 10 cents for a movie lol. They go for about $3 as of today. People nowaadays dunt even need to buy when they can go download movies, even if fan bans are dirt cheap. Ask 100 ppl out there today, 90 of them download movies instead of buying. Even alot of fan ban shops closed because of downloads. No need to argue but downloading is #1 piracy as of now.
king_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:32 AM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_2011 View Post
for your info, $1 for 10 chinese movies do not exist. thats like 10 cents for a movie lol. They go for about $3 as of today. People nowaadays dunt even need to buy when they can go download movies, even if fan bans are dirt cheap. Ask 100 ppl out there today, 90 of them download movies instead of buying. Even alot of fan ban shops closed because of downloads. No need to argue but downloading is #1 piracy as of now.
so true, look at the posts above where ppl suggested sites for downloading lol. Its sad how ppl "say" they support the industry but dunt "support" in when it comes to buying them. This is why MAL moved to such a small place in Richmond. I know this as a fact because i know the owners of MAL. By majority of ppl, i dunt mean everyone downloads but 90% of watchers nowadays do, same goes for english movies. Thats why rogers video is going out of business.
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #47

again, i've updated my post but people who can't deal with the times will always find something to blame instead of their lack of business skills

fail all you want, but that's ultimately what's wrong

there've been studies that were even posted on RS b4 in regards to piracy and it only accounts for a very very small portion

but those who lack in business like to pretend piracy accounts for 100% of their issues

edit: a Simple perusal of MALs website would even tell you why they're going out of business... they're charging $43 for a blu-ray movie.. not even a chinese movie for TRON!!
Hell I can go to YesAsia for better prices or even Amazon.com for comparable asian content (and YESASIA is expensive! in comparison to sites like dddhouse etc )

if you want to argue the size of companies and their buying power; there are small online companies that sell the same things for far less

MAL is in a dying industry that's been overtaken by the online world and the large brick and mortar companies and a population that wants their content for cheaper (especially in a shaky economic environment)

I take it the 3 of you are probably in your teens, so its expected that you don't quite grasp the bigger picture of what's going on and you blame what you find relevant (piracy) but in the bigger picture piracy is a very small portion of their troubles

you're also assuming everyone who downloads doesn't buy either (and this is absolutely untrue)

Last edited by StylinRed; 04-05-2011 at 02:49 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #48

If you still think fan bans are why MAL is going out of business, heres another thing. If u havent noticed, alot of stores that sell fan bans went out of business too due to all the downloading. The one in continental closed down, empire etc. Even MAL sells fan ban under the table now because ppl are downloading movies ( even big budget ones) since they dunt have to pay a single penny. fan ban is not a big issue why legit stores are going out of business, its downloading. I know MAL sells fan ban because i know the owner very well.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:50 AM   #49

MAL has always sold fan bans i think like 10-15yrs ago or so they were even busted for it (i may be wrong and confusing it for another place though)

also I dont think FanBans are the only reason... in fact Ive said piracy is a "Small Part" of the reason why
Old 04-05-2011, 02:53 AM   #50

Quote:
again, i've updated my post but people who can't deal with the times will always find something to blame instead of their lack of business skills

fail all you want, but that's ultimately what's wrong

there've been studies that were even posted on RS b4 in regards to piracy and it only accounts for a very very small portion

but those who lack in business like to pretend piracy accounts for 100% of their issues

edit: a Simple perusal of MALs website would even tell you why they're going out of business... they're charging $43 for a blu-ray movie.. not even a chinese movie for TRON!!
Hell I can go to YesAsia for better prices or even Amazon.com for comparable asian content (and YESASIA is expensive! in comparison to sites like dddhouse etc )

if you want to argue the size of companies and their buying power; there are small online companies that sell the same things for far less

MAL is in a dying industry that's been overtaken by the online world and the large brick and mortar companies and a population that wants their content for cheaper (especially in a shaky economic environment)

I take it the 3 of you are probably in your teens, so its expected that you don't quite grasp the bigger picture of what's going on and you blame what you find relevant (piracy) but in the bigger picture piracy is a very small portion of their troubles

you're also assuming everyone who downloads doesn't buy either (and this is absolutely untrue)
If you are talking about how online stores sells movies cheaper than MAL, think about this. How about you ask ppl if they are willing to pay $29 for a blue ray when they can just download it. 8/10 ppl would jus download if they are not planning on keeping the movie for future uses. How can stores stay in business when ppl are like that. Most ppl may say " i will buy it" but how many ppl actually do 'buy" it. Its just their saying that they support but arent pitching out the $ to buy it.