REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #26
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

u book through priceline yet for the hotel?
Advertisement
MASTER_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

First time in LA, I rented a car through Enterprise as well.. I was 24 then but they were nice enough to waive the under 25 fee...try the one off the airport.. there's a shuttle that will pick u up from the airport and drop you off again when you return the car.

As everyone said, renting a car is pretty much a MUST when you go to LA, more freedome, you can go wherever you want.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #28

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER_J View Post
u book through priceline yet for the hotel?
no, not yet =S the stupid "wife" said she is going to look at some things??
so she said don't book anything yet. so i have to wait until tmrw or sat...

but i'm pretty sure we'll get the renaissance at priceline for about $57 USD.. i was using that forum you suggested and that is the average price for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
First time in LA, I rented a car through Enterprise as well.. I was 24 then but they were nice enough to waive the under 25 fee...try the one off the airport.. there's a shuttle that will pick u up from the airport and drop you off again when you return the car.

As everyone said, renting a car is pretty much a MUST when you go to LA, more freedome, you can go wherever you want.
the one off the air port is wayy more expensive. so i'm just using the one 10 miles from where the renaissance lax hotel is.
it works out to $40 usd a day. with no under 25 fee. since i have the coupon code =)
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
$40 a day? Wow. That's a real rip-off.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
$40 a day? Wow. That's a real rip-off.
how much did you pay when you were there?
where did you rent from ?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #31
RS Veteran

Sorry just realized when you were going.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 06-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #32

ok. so i booked everything.
thanks alot guys.

flight - Hotwire - $224 USD
hotel - priceline - $55 USD - Sheraton Gateway LAX (i wanted the renaissance =(
car - enterprise - $29 USD per day - economy car thanks for the coupon (no fee under 25, saved me $60) "bcrdukes"

just another thing...
will enterprise pick you up for free? because we rented from an enterprise that isn't close to the air port. its 16miles away..
so will they pick you up and drop you off for free?

thanks.

Last edited by TheKingdom2000; 06-13-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #33
RS Veteran

^
Glad we were able to help. Looks like you got a good deal overall, especially the flight, car, and hotel.

Enterprise will pick you up and drop you off for free but please call them before you go on your trip to see if they can pick you up at LAX. If not, take the Metro and meet them half way or something.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post

the one off the air port is wayy more expensive. so i'm just using the one 10 miles from where the renaissance lax hotel is.
it works out to $40 usd a day. with no under 25 fee. since i have the coupon code =)
Sorry, I used the enterprise that's set for "airport" location. There's a shuttle outside that takes you there and drop you back at the airport when you bring the car back.. very convenient.

Not sure about the one that's 16 miles away...best bet is to set that up with them. But since you are leaving a month away, I will still recommend checking the prices for car rental every now and then as they tend to drop in price. That's from my experience anyway.

Goodluck and Have fun!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #35

Hi everyone just got back from la, awesome city so much to do and see!!!!!!

but we ended up paying only 29.99 for a pontiac g6, i believe that is in the "standard class" from a enterprise just 2 miles from lax/crown plaza hotel(where we stayed). They were able to pick us up and drop us of at our hotel.

At the time of the reservation they rep told me "you are aware of the underage fee?" and then im like, i believe my corporate code i used for the reservation actually waives that, and then hes a like "o yeah cool, didn't see that" so i only paid with tax like 98usd for the three days. pretty awesome!

overall everything worked out perfectly, awesome deal for the car and hotel! You definitely need a gps though! Its a must need cause the highways and roads

any question let me know
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #36
RS Veteran

^
Sounds like you had a great time!

Glad to hear Enterprise took care of you and didn't dick you around.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #37

yeah dude it was awesome,

and props to bcrdukes for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #38
RS Veteran

What did you end up donig? Was the 405 a mess?

Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #39
I STILL don't get it

alright i need some recommendations. i will be at LA from july 1st to 6th. long weekend for the americans. what can i do there? im already cancelling out theme parks because 4th of july. right now i got the beach planned but what else is there to do
Xnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #40
RS Veteran

4th of July is a pretty serious thing so make sure you check out the various parades going on around town along with fireworks everywhere.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #41

yeah when my girlfriend and i would be heading down to hollywood/hills before i would attempt to go on the 405, i would see cars backed up like hell!!! all 6 lanes too lol,,,,,, so i took your advice and took sepluvda blvd (dont know how to spell, lol) and it was much much better also i look la cienga blvd as well. but yeah highways during rush hour or a no no!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #42
RS Veteran

Yeah. A lot of the locals take Sepulveda and La Cienaga as a backroute to avoid the 405. Glad it worked out for you!

Old 07-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #43
I STILL don't get it

great info in here.

Thanks guys.

any update on your trip mx703?

trying to plan a trip to LA and would love to hear your experiences.
mx100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx100 View Post
great info in here.

Thanks guys.

any update on your trip mx703?

trying to plan a trip to LA and would love to hear your experiences.
hey dude,
i'm all set to go.

Flight - $267 CDN each (round trip, flying out of bellingham [$9 parking per night at bellingham airport])

Hotel - Sheraton LAX, $55 USD per night, from priceline. (You could probably get it for $52-53, i stupidly bid $50, then $55. I should have bid a little less)

Car - Enterprise, Culver City-Venice blvd $26.24USD per day (using promo code; 4CA5793 , pin; ROG

Six Flags Magic Mountain - $26.99 USD admission, $53USD Flash Pass for 2, $15 Parking, $13 USD sports bottle with free refills all day

Medieval Times - $56USD (use "THANK09" promo code for BOGO) i also upgraded to celebration package!

that's that!
Old 07-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #45
RS Veteran

$26.99/day USD for rental? Dude, for the summer, that's actually not bad! Good price!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post

$26.99/day USD for rental? Dude, for the summer, that's actually not bad! Good price!
thanks. i couldn't have done it without you guys..

BTW.
for shopping and outlets...

check this out mx100

http://www.latourist.com/index.php?p...-links-outlets
Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #47
All Day, Err Day Mod

I should have seen this earlier. I came back from LA not too long ago; we had a car reserved, but since we were under the age 25, we got owned by insurance (extra 900$ for one week of rental)
the website didn't say that there would be any extra fees included, yet alone insurance because my friend who's 22 said his card went through.

anyways, we ended up taking a taxi but costs weren't too bad going around.

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #48
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Reviving a dead topic.
Is Hertz or enterprise the better option? http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...04&postcount=2

There's a bunch of places on Hollywood bvld such as Kodak Theatre, Walk of fame, Guinness record, Wax museum, etc. To visit these places, is 1 day enough? How is parking? And are the attractions in that block close enough that I dont need to drive a car within hollywood?

For Long Beach - are the aquariums and ship tours/cruises worth the trip?

Is 6 flags all about big scary rollercoaster rides? (I cant even do the tamed ones at PNE).

Six flags, long beach, hollywood are 3 main clusters of area we are visiting. Is 5 days enough and should I do hotels/motels 'as we go' or 1 hotel for 4 nights?

Any driving laws in Cali that is different from BC? (ie. headlights, cellphones, etc)

Me and a friend are going in mid Jan. Pretty stoked. But the traffic is gonna scare the hell out of me. Hope I will find some GPS deals during boxing week.

Last edited by Gnomes; 12-21-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
Reviving a dead topic.
Is Hertz or enterprise the better option? http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...04&postcount=2

There's a bunch of places on Hollywood bvld such as Kodak Theatre, Walk of fame, Guinness record, Wax museum, etc. To visit these places, is 1 day enough? How is parking? And are the attractions in that block close enough that I dont need to drive a car within hollywood?

1 day should be plenty for this area. Parking may be difficult. What we did was drive down to the end of the strip and found more parking towards the end of the strip (towards DSW Shoe store) Parking was free when we went on Sunday and it worked out perfectly because we could walk from one end to the other.

And No, you don't need to drive to the different attractions.

btw, if you want to save admission to the wax museum ($26 i think). We walked into the wax museum gift shop to look around and found out that it leads into the wax museum itself. So we essentially walked backwards through the museum for free. lol it was pretty funny.

For Long Beach - are the aquariums and ship tours/cruises worth the trip?
we were looking at these when we were there, i think it's better just to chill out on the beach and go swimming. unless you're into those sorts of things. there are tonnes of things to do there. i'd pass on the above.

Is 6 flags all about big scary rollercoaster rides? (I cant even do the tamed ones at PNE).

6 Flags is the BEST theme park i've ever been to. If you cannot handle the wooden roller coaster at the PNE DO NOT even think about going to six flags... unless you just want to look around? mind you, 6 flags isn't like disney land. there is less to see. But if you love the rides 6 Flags is the best.

Six flags, long beach, hollywood are 3 main clusters of area we are visiting. Is 5 days enough and should I do hotels/motels 'as we go' or 1 hotel for 4 nights?
^ 5 days should be fine. but if you get a hotel PLEASE use priceline/hotwire and name your price. you will save so much money!!! I can help you out with the above if you need it.

Any driving laws in Cali that is different from BC? (ie. headlights, cellphones, etc)

Me and a friend are going in mid Jan. Pretty stoked. But the traffic is gonna scare the hell out of me. Hope I will find some GPS deals during boxing week.

GPS saved our lives... Make sure you update it before you go though.. otherwise shit gets funny.
Bolded are my responses...
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #50

To add to MX703'S response about the Hollywood BLVD. I suggest doing the tour...it was a white van with no roof so it's better viewing...drove around celebrity houses, Hollywood sign...the one I took was parked by Mcdonald's and was 20-30 bux from what I remember....and it lasted 1.5 - 2 hours i belieeve.

It was worth it IMO especially if it is your first time out there which is mine when we took it.

And YES, please bring a GPS if you are driving and also, please do NOT use your phone while driving LA or here :P
This post thanked by: