REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

CALGARY

hey guys, have anyone here been to calgary lately?! do you know which area should i pick my hotel.. i;m flying there for 2 days...since i dun have a car, transportation might be a problem.. .what;s there to see and do in the cow town??
Advertisement
jamabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

There are quite a few good hotels here, but not too much to see other than going out to the mountains and hiking around. If you're into the nightlife, stay downtown and find some clubs (I don't know what your age group is).

Around the airport:
Acclaim Hotel http://www.acclaimhotel.ca/
Sheraton Cavalier http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=925

Downtown:
Hotel Arts http://www.hotelarts.ca/
Westin Calgary http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1078
Sheraton Eau Claire http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=941

There are alot of good eats in and around the downtown area, so you'd have no shortage of choices. My personal favorites are,

Steak: Vintage, Caesar's
French or other: Catch, Capo, Teatro
Italian: Il Sogno, Osteria de Medici

I don't think you'd want to eat sushi or chinese here.. please tell me you wouldn't choose to.
pharmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

sheraton eau claire is good same as westin calgary.both a block apart. westin's building looks older tho. both behind princess island park and beside eau claire market..kinda like our granville island here

i ate at smugglers inn. when i was there. although your going to need a car to get there. but car rentals are pretty cheap for a day $50 which probably cost $10 more for taking a cab to downtown eau claire area. plus u get unlimited kms and gps comes very handy.
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
The Westin is a nice hotel but as previously mentioned by pharmed, it is rather old. The Sheraton would be a better hotel as it's literally across the street from a few restaurants. And yes, steak at Caesars!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

There is actually an excellent sushi restaurant in Calgary (at least one ).

It's called Wa's Japanese Restaurant (1721 Centre Street NW). Japanese people behind the counter, Japanese people in the kitchen and cute Japanese service. Great fish.

If you're on a budget or have hankering for a local burger, you can check out Pete's Drive In. I've not had their burgers but their shakes are pretty darn good.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Peter's Drive-In is good but not the best..
best burgers are at Boogies Burgers (Edmonton Trail/10th Ave NE I believe..)
Machi604 is offline   Reply With Quote