REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Suggestions!!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/578710-suggestions.html)

HollyZ32 06-09-2009 11:48 PM

Suggestions!!!!

Alright soooooooo here is my deal lol
next week (june 19th) Im TUrning the big one nine hahaha
and obv i dont go down town much because being 18 at the moment theres not much to do but now that im turning 19 i need some ideas!
im completely clueless and need some suggestiosn/advice lol

I like to accomidate every sooooooo
i was wondering if you guys could give me ideas....i have some people that are not into clubbing/dance places and some that are ...so what would be my best best that combines the best of both worlds of clubing dance places and also a place to sit down what ever have drinks and talk good music ect!
I NEED HELP SO CLUELESS! haahahahah

penner2k 06-10-2009 10:40 AM

Blarney Stone or Roxy?
It really depends what kind of crowd you like.

HollyZ32 06-10-2009 11:26 AM

Hahah well deff not the roxy...weirdly enough thats where all my dad and his cop friends go ...so i will stay away from there lol
...no gay bars lol please lol .....or no sketchy place ...i mean i know that lots of place have their skatchy people but ...i dont want to be surrounded by them hahaha

penner2k 06-10-2009 12:05 PM

I would say Blarney Stone would be the most fun for people that arent really into clubbing.
If I remember correctly its live Irish music.. I havent been there in a long time though.

HollyZ32 06-10-2009 12:07 PM

Hm well that could be a possiblitie lol
but i dunno never heard of it but i saw it on club zone but its a lounge called Tunnel
that looked pretty interesting

dark0821 06-10-2009 12:29 PM

tunnel is not bad.. but you are lookin at a heafty price tag

HollyZ32 06-10-2009 12:32 PM

Well i dont know what my friends price limits are but
for me i dont care about the price tag
... also what about lux ? and curise?

Timewav3zer0 06-10-2009 12:57 PM

Canvas is pretty nice...buts its pretty expensive too...

BlackV62K2 06-10-2009 02:42 PM

Lux is just a lounge, no dance floor. You could make your own I guess lol. The only club I've been to with good amounts of area to sit and dance is Ginger. It's a more mature crowd though. I dont recommend a bunch of 19 year olds going there lol.

HollyZ32 06-10-2009 09:31 PM

haha thanks for all the help/advice guys!
i think just maybe! i will give tunnel or canvas a try

Inaii 06-10-2009 09:45 PM

Stay away from Tunnel Holly. It's a shitty atmosphere. You can find much better for your 19th. I agree with penner on the Blarney Stone. It's a little more clubbish on fri/sat but they're all good people and they have pretty decent music. If you go there, tell Darren the door guy Ginnette says hi =]

HollyZ32 06-10-2009 09:57 PM

hahah ok stay away from tunnel lol
noted thanks dude lol
SO MANY PLACES! my head hurts lol

Timewav3zer0 06-10-2009 10:48 PM

haha what kind of music and scene you into?

Amaru 06-10-2009 11:50 PM

If you're White (or feel like going to a primarily white/english speaking place that's not the Roxy)... the Royal is pretty cool, and they have a number of tables at the front for a more chilled-out time. :)

penner2k 06-11-2009 12:34 AM

The problem I find with most loungy type clubs is that people have the shittiest attitudes there. Hell half my friends work in the industry and they hate it. Everyone thinks they are so important and nobody has any fun anymore. Everything comes down to what other people think of you.

7seven 06-11-2009 07:29 AM

So bascially you are looking for a club with a decent lounge/seating area. Like already mentioned, Tunnel and Canvas, personally not a fan of either tho. Pop Opera, Aubar and Crush have good VIP/lounge areas that you can book. Blarney Stone is decent, but personally I can't stand the live music there most times.

HollyZ32 06-11-2009 01:12 PM

Ahahah yes i am white and most of my friends that are coming are white lol
and the kinda music that i listen to is what ever stuff they play on the beat top 40 stuff like that lol
on avrage how much is the fee to get into most places?
most of my friends wanna go out for dinner downtown and then who ever is left that wants to go out and stuff after wanan go clubbing bar hopping ect lol
so i think im just gonna do that lol

SpuGen 06-11-2009 02:41 PM

I like Wild Coyote.
Looks like a dive, but it's alright.
Mixed crowd, not predominately anything unless you go on a So Phresh night.

Easy Parking, cheap drinks, cheap cover, NO lines for girls ever.

Plus, Dennys is less than a 5 minute drive away :)

Amaru 06-11-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyZ32 (Post 6461309)
Ahahah yes i am white and most of my friends that are coming are white lol
and the kinda music that i listen to is what ever stuff they play on the beat top 40 stuff like that lol
on avrage how much is the fee to get into most places?
most of my friends wanna go out for dinner downtown and then who ever is left that wants to go out and stuff after wanan go clubbing bar hopping ect lol
so i think im just gonna do that lol

I say go to the Royal. It's mainly White (when I've been there) and it plays Top 40 most nights. It's on Granville so if you don't like it you can leave and go elsewhere.

http://www.clubzone.com/c/Vancouver/...The_Royal.html

Blarney Stone is good for chilling but I hate live music.. especially that Irish garbage. Plus it's sooo loud you can't really hear across the table anyway, so talking is next to impossible.

Inaii 06-11-2009 05:48 PM

I second SpuGen and the Yote. My brother used to go all the time with some of his friends. Personally I like Celebrities, but you said no gay clubs. Which sucks because it's got a great atmosphere.

Girl 06-14-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4_RaveR (Post 6459788)
Canvas is pretty nice...buts its pretty expensive too...

Canvas for a 19 year old first timer?

The avg price for a club is now $15-$20, expect to wait a long time if you're not on guest list for any of the more "popular" clubs.

If you want any VIP it means you're going to do bottle service and that's $$.

The club scene in Van is segregated just like all over the world. But when you say Roxy you think white. Cheers you think brown. Mirage you think cheap drinks and stolen cars. Boss you think asians.

Yote might be fun, but you prolly want a central location where your friends can eat and then head to the club. I would stick to something on Granville then, but that might mean bumping into your Dad and his cop friends. You can always do up Moxie's on 152nd and walk the 5-10mins to Mirage. LoL.

Places like Ginger, Canvas and the like have more house music.

I personally prefer Celebrities, great music, fun atmosphere...but its' a gay club.

If you want just a loungey place with good music where you can talk...go to Jupiter, a little hole in the wall that really grows on you once you're in there, with good friends and have had a couple to drink.

penner2k 06-14-2009 09:21 AM

Honestly the Mirage suggestion is really good..
I know its not in Vancouver but it really is nice and a good vibe.
Hell at least once a month we have a crew of industry staff come from Vancouver to party on a Sunday night at Mirage.
They have done a ton of renos there so it really nice. The crowd is a nice mix, good looking for the music is pretty good. They also have a whole bunch of booths now so you can just chill.

If that is something you might consider just send me a PM. As long as I have a couple days notice I can get you and your whole group a booth, no cover and as the bday girl you will get 3 free drinks.

edit.. I just realized your bday is on a Friday... Mirage isnt that busy on Fridays..

m4k4v4li 06-15-2009 09:50 AM

CANVASSSS =D

rsx 06-15-2009 12:21 PM

I vote lamplighter or Celebrities (tuesdays)

avoid going to places that are primarily asians with ca/edhardy/lds uniforms, unless you're into that.

classified 06-15-2009 03:58 PM

royal is now closed i belive last weekend was 2 weeks ago. if u want a big place gossip isnt that bad