REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Iran's Election Day

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...ion/index.html

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Why does Ahmadinefuckup have the lead!! What is wrong with my people? I really hope Iran choses someone a bit less fucked up for once in their lives, hopefully someone who knows how to shave, dress, and not say messed up shit!
Advertisement
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choda View Post

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Why does Ahmadinefuckup have the lead!! What is wrong with my people? I really hope Iran choses someone a bit less fucked up for once in their lives, hopefully someone who knows how to shave, dress, and not say messed up shit!
why?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:

what's wrong with ahmadinejad?? or are you trying to pander to the westerners on here? you forgot we're Canada and not the states

in terms of concerns for the state he's done very well, globally he might not be so welcomed but really only in the USA/UK since he's anti USA policy

there's no reason to hate on him

anyway only 19% of the vote is counted so far of which he has 60+% of the votes

even the vaunted discussion on the holocaust is blown out of proportion by the usa because they don't like him they twisted it etc to give him a bad image (this topic alone is worth a book so i wont bother and am prepared for ignorant remarks)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Besides don't believe everything the U.S. media tells you. I know they're reporting saying that the people want change, but that probably isn't the truth.

Besides who cares. Iran has never invaded anyone, or will.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
what's wrong with ahmadinejad??

even the vaunted discussion on the holocaust is blown out of proportion by the usa because they don't like him they twisted it etc to give him a bad image (this topic alone is worth a book so i wont bother and am prepared for ignorant remarks)

Dude, the anti-semitic shit is pretty well documented. You can't blame that entirely on the media.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

So you're saying that you want someone who openly denies the holocaust, says that there are no homosexuals living in Iran, continues to persecute people for their religious beliefs to run one of the most unstable countries in the world? Let alone he continues to enrich uranium for "power sources", not for nuclear bombs. It's like saying, oh North Korea were to keep re-electing Kim Jong Il, if they could.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
So you're saying that you want someone who openly denies the holocaust, says that there are no homosexuals living in Iran, continues to persecute people for their religious beliefs to run one of the most unstable countries in the world? Let alone he continues to enrich uranium for "power sources", not for nuclear bombs. It's like saying, oh North Korea were to keep re-electing Kim Jong Il, if they could.
Iran doesn't prosecute people for there religious beliefs. In fact there are about 10,000 Jews living in Iran.

Also Iran is the most stable country in the Middle East.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Iran doesn't prosecute people for there religious beliefs. In fact there are about 10,000 Jews living in Iran.

Also Iran is the most stable country in the Middle East.
Ever heard of the Baha'i faith? You my friend need to do some research

Edit: I did the research for you http://iran.bahai.us/
Old 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Dude, the anti-semitic shit is pretty well documented. You can't blame that entirely on the media.
you mean anti-zionist....
ZhangFei is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

there are no homosexuals in iran, srsly.
dna82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
I STILL don't get it

hes a pretty chill guy, i hung out with him

true story
Xnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #12

he doesn't deny the holocaust he denies elements of it, he doesnt deny that jews were killed either

but there is much evidence etc to suggest (the most educated of WW2 agree) that there are discrepencies on how things happen and he just wants to discuss and research that... (probably to piss america off as well because america is so staunchly supporting only 1 viewpoint)

anyway he's not even in control of foreign policy and the nuclear situation of Iran some cleric is
Old 06-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

I don't get it... so the US wants democracy for all, blah blah blah yet here is a country that has a democratically elected leader but because they don't share the same views as the US, they are all of the sudden in the Axis of Evil? Democracy is a double edge sword. It reflects the wants and needs of the majority and it's not always pretty
Old 06-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
I don't get it... so the US wants democracy for all, blah blah blah yet here is a country that has a democratically elected leader
I don't think you know how there political system works.

The absolute ruler is not elected and he has the final say on who can run for president.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
I don't get it... so the US wants democracy for all, blah blah blah yet here is a country that has a democratically elected leader but because they don't share the same views as the US, they are all of the sudden in the Axis of Evil? Democracy is a double edge sword. It reflects the wants and needs of the majority and it's not always pretty
usa only believies in capitalism it doesnt give a rats ass about democracy
Old 06-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

The place is all rioty, moltov cocktail and government buildings burning down and shit.

Sounds like the people didn't take kindly to the rigged election.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #17

the opposition would have called it a rigged election regardless of the result

if he had won by a small amount they would have said there was voter fraud and the difference in votes being a small amount is believable

with the margin soo lop sided they're still calling it voter fraud but on such a massive scale? thats much less believeable
Old 06-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
The RS Anchorman

wahyinghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #19

Quote:

if he had won by a small amount they would have said there was voter fraud and the difference in votes being a small amount is believable

with the margin soo lop sided they're still calling it voter fraud but on such a massive scale? thats much less believeable
you take this 'don't believe the media' hype a bit tooooooo far.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #20

has nothing to do with the media.... the media doesn't know either they're just speculating and taking the words of anti-iranian groups....

its just a matter of reason

infact my comment had nothing to do with the media... -_-
Old 06-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #21

Quote:
has nothing to do with the media.... the media doesn't know either they're just speculating and taking the words of anti-iranian groups....

There is no way of knowing if they were rigged or not. Election monitors were not allowed. But if your not allowing election monitors there has to be a reason why. Most obvious is that your cheating.

"Interior Minister Sadeq Mahsouli warned that any demonstrations needed official permission, and none had been given."

Stuff like that makes me laugh.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #22

^^^ yea that was a retarded comment, on another note that guys a billionaire

election monitors are in place for 3rd world countries it'd be demeaning to Iran to accept that

not only that who could they trust to monitor the election without fearing they would side with the usa and claim voter fraud (especially in hindsight when americas nemesis Ahmadinejad won)
Old 06-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #23

Quote:
^^^ yea that was a retarded comment, on another note that guys a billionaire

election monitors are in place for 3rd world countries it'd be demeaning to Iran to accept that

not only that who could they trust to monitor the election without fearing they would side with the usa and claim voter fraud (especially in hindsight when americas nemesis Ahmadinejad won)
Election monitors and scrutineers are at all elections including the US and canada. Mir Hossein Mousavi the person running against Ahmadinejad wanted to have his people at polling station to make sure nothing funny was going on. He was not allowed to do that.

A lot of Mousavi supporters are young and use Facebook to campaign for him. A few days before the election facebook stopped working.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #24

Quote:

so your reasoning is that ahmawhatever won by such a large percentile, that fraud isn't likely?

Originally Posted by StylinRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed
what's wrong with ahmadinejad??

Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Mir Hossein Mousavi the person running against Ahmadinejad wanted to have his people at polling station to make sure nothing funny was going on. He was not allowed to do that.
or to reinforce claims that it was "rigged", i wouldn't be surprised if the US was paying for Mousavi supporters to continue riots (they've done it before and recently)