REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #26
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Joining the RCMP basic requirements:

Good character:
You should possess the following values: integrity, honesty, professionalism, compassion, respect and accountability. Our selection process will determine if your personal history, traits and characteristics are suitable for a career in policing.

fucking bullshit.
Advertisement
SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:18 PM   #27
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
lol was this canadian side or USA side?

usually its the USA guys that are funny as hell and Canadian side that are true assholes

last time i went down to walmart at 12am the USA guy asked me why i wasnt playing mario at home
yup...the canadian side.

For those who know that black guy on the US side at point roberts, that guy is so funny! My first encounter with him, he asked me the usual questions, then he pops a fast one on me and asked "gonna watch the fight tomorrow?". I was so confused that i had no idea what to say and just told him i dont follow. I find out later he was talking about the Pacquiao and Morales fight!

BTW, anyone got any info on my question about irrelevant questions at the border crossing?
EX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:29 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

What car were you driving?
What clothes were you driving?
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #29
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Border Officials are ftw..

Asked me why I'm going to the States.... I said shopping..

and he asks, why shopping? wtf.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 PM   #30
Professional Lurker

wrx but i dont look like a gangsta wannabe. i was just wearing plain levis jeans, all black nike dunks with white swoosh and a white zoo york shirt that looked anything but gangster.
EX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #31
I STILL don't get it

I guess its a bad day for people dealing with police.

I was driving to work. Going down burrard towards georgia. Im in the lane with my left blinker on as a cop on a motorcycle puts his lights on to cross georgia and stops next to me facing the opposit direction at the next light. I have my windows almost all the way down. About a inch of the window is visable. As im turning left at the light i see in my rear view mirrior hes pulling a U-ey. As soon as i see it i put my windows down fully. He pulls me over walks up to my car.

I ask him what the problem is. In a forceful voice he demands my lisence and registration. I tell him no problem. He asks me where im going. I tell him work. He then snikkers at me and says isn't it early to be selling drugs. At this point im offended. I say that he had to pull me over for a reason, so just give me the ticket for that and i can be on my way. He writes me a ticket for front window tint. He then says if i pay it early it will be reduced by 25%. I try to explain the fact that i had just bought the car and thats the way it came. So i ask him if i can pay the ticket right then and there. He accuses me of trying to bribe him. At this point i realized he was just an asshole. so i took the ticket and went on my way.

As i drove away he guns it across the street again and pulls over a grey BMW. He literally runs up to the window of the car and tells them to put their hands on the dash. One of those over zealous cops thinking hes actually making a difference.

As usual i will appeal the ticket, change the date of it close to the time of the court date, wait for him not to show up. profit.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #32
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna82 View Post
do not let the police search your vehicle even if you have nothing to hide because

a) allowing police to search your car reinforces the mentality 'if they have nothing to hide, why not?'

b) it makes the police aware of their boundaries and they cannot initiate a search without reasonable cause.

the search is no longer illegal if you consent to it.
This is why canada + US are great countries to live in.

if you live in mexico, vietnam, cambodia, phillipines, or some third world african country uld be fcked to the max. cops can screw u over and search u , plant drugs in your trunk and off you go to prison. shiet like this happens all the time. this use to happen in like the in the early part of the century in canada and the U.S too.

Sometimes cops planting stuff can be good. ie. have u guys ever seen the movie "Gone Baby Gone" - where the cops wanted to put this bad guy away so the cop planted coke in guy's appartment and off he went to prison.

but usually, it's the other way around and cops plant shiet in your car and an innocent person goes to jail.

thats why u always say no to searches, even if you have nothing to hide.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #33
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
This is why canada + US are great countries to live in.

if you live in mexico, vietnam, cambodia, phillipines, or some third world african country uld be fcked to the max. cops can screw u over and search u , plant drugs in your trunk and off you go to prison. shiet like this happens all the time. this use to happen in like the in the early part of the century in canada and the U.S too.

thats why u always say no to searches, even if you have nothing to hide.
i call false! im from the philippines and when a cop pulls you over you hand him $2 he lets you go. these guys have no money, they make 500 bux a month, they work 60 hours a week, $2 in their wallet instead of going to the government... why not
monkymadnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
that's why whenever i get pulled over and they ask me to step out, i roll up my windows and lock my doors so they can't search inside
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:25 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/obje...4/143/127/QNA/

http://www.flexyourrights.org/freque...sked_questions

quote from second link:

Quote:
6. If I’m not doing anything illegal, why shouldn’t I let the police search me?

The sad fact is that most people believe that they are under some kind of obligation to acquiesce when an officer contacts them and asks permission to search them or their belongings.

The truth is the exact opposite -- you have a right to associate with, and speak to, whomever you please. In this respect, there is nothing special about a police officer. Assuming you would not let a complete stranger look through your purse or search your pockets, why would you allow a police officer to do so -- especially if you’re doing nothing illegal? Just say "NO" to police searches!
Always say no, unless you're actually being under arrest.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Never talk back, they have enough power to seriously screw you over...

Just pretend you are a nice little boy and STFU. That's what I've learned over the years. No matter what you say will not affect/change their judgement, unless they are in their good mood or you start crying like a little girl..
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #37
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiXy View Post
What clothes were you driving?
hehe driving clothes
Probably some black sweats in the middle of the summer to look nammer?
Or an audigier hoody,

about that border thing, If you drive across the border do they ask for your DL? and do they care if u have ur L/N?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #38
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

they usually give me the...let us search your car or we will write you a ticket line. If all we had to do was pay tickets and they didn't have any points which lead to driving suspensions I would tell them to go fuck their mother but since they can really screw me I usually tell them to go fuck themselves in a more polite way. You guys need to remember if cops were smart they would be lawyers, judges, etc. but they are not. They are some dumb fucks that got a diploma in criminology from somewhere, decided to bike ride around a city with a bunch of other idiots with diploma's in crim and after a certain amount of volunteer hours and if they aren't too fucked in the head (as long as they don't want to rape babies) they will become a police officer! doesn't matter if you have done drugs before as long as you can tell them it was before now your a changed man etc.

Proof that cops are fucken douchebag motherfuckers....

RCMP officer charged with breaching alcohol ban appears in Regina court
Regina Leader-Post
June 8, 2008

An RCMP officer charged with again breaching a probation order prohibiting him from consuming alcohol made his first court appearance in Regina on Monday morning.

Const. Brent A. Jolson, 40, is not in custody. The matter was adjourned until July 20.

Jolson was involved in a single-vehicle collision in an RCMP cruiser near Lumsden on May 7. According to information previously released by the RCMP, the crash occurred on Highway 11, when a marked RCMP cruiser headed south entered the centre median and hit a culvert.

Jolson, the lone occupant of the car, was not on duty at the time of the collision. He suffered minor injuries.

A road-side screening device detected the presence of some alcohol in Jolson’s system, but not enough to warrant a breathalyser test. Jolson received a 24-hour licence suspension.

At the time of the crash, the 12-year veteran of the RCMP was on court-ordered probation for a previous assault conviction. One of the conditions of that probation order was abstaining from alcohol.

Story #2:

Sunny Dhillon, Vancouver, B.C. (Canadian Press) - An RCMP officer involved in the death of Robert Dziekansi should find out in the next month whether he will face charges for impaired and dangerous driving in the unrelated death of a motorcyclist, a Crown spokesman says.

Delta police said Tuesday they have finished their investigation into the October 2008 crash and have recommended two charges against Cpl. Benjamin Monty Robinson, who was off-duty when a Jeep collided with a motorcycle.

Orion Hutchinson, 21, was killed. He had recently completed a trades program at the British Columbia Institute of Technology and was days away from a new job when he was thrown from the motorcycle.

Robinson was arrested at the scene.

Delta police announced Tuesday that they have finally forwarded their report to the Crown.

“The Delta police are now awaiting charge approval on the recommended charges against the off-duty RCMP officer, Monty Robinson, of impaired driving causing death and dangerous driving causing death,” Const. Sharlene Brooks said.

Neil MacKenzie, a spokesman for the Criminal Justice Branch, said the Crown’s review of the report should be completed within the next month.

RCMP spokesman Sgt. Tim Shields said Robinson was suspended with pay following the crash and remains so.

“That pay status is currently under review,” Shields said, though he did not know when that review might be complete.

Robinson was the most senior of the four RCMP officers involved in Dziekanski’s death at Vancouver airport in October 2007.

His lawyer could not be reached for comment Tuesday regarding the Delta police department’s findings.

Robinson testified in March at a public inquiry that he gave the order to stun the Polish man with a Taser.

Police came under fire earlier this year after scheduled court dates were delayed and charges failed to be laid in Hutchinson’s death month after month.

Delta police said they had not received all the information and reports required by the Crown to lay charges in the case.

The force initially recommended charges months ago, including driving with a blood-alcohol level over .08. Additional materials requested by the Crown were finally submitted Monday.

Brooks said it’s the force’s duty and responsibility to conduct a full and thorough investigation.

“Essentially, what we’re dealing with here is a homicide and by their very nature, they’re complex and take a considerable amount of time,” she said.

“Investigations don’t flow in a nice tidy package.”

When asked if the delay in filing charges highlights the difficulty in police investigating police, Brooks said the force is aware of the gravity of the situation.

“We know that it’s not only the public’s expectation that the Delta police conduct a thorough and impartial and professional investigation, it’s our objective in each and every case and this was no different,” she said.

Brooks said investigators have been in contact with Hutchinson’s family and that they are still grieving a significant loss.

The motor vehicles branch suspended Robinson’s driver’s licence for 90 days following the crash - a suspension he tried unsuccessfully to appeal.

The officer argued in B.C. Supreme Court in March that a motor vehicles adjudicator didn’t properly consider his statement that he left the scene of the collision, had two shots of vodka, and then returned to the scene.

Read that last paragraph again. Old lawyers trick but fucken cop can't even own upto killing do you really think when he shows signs of aggression towards innocent people or writes bullshit tickets that he will own upto it? Its fucking asshole twats like this fuck that make me sick to my stomach.

You want more?

Officer loses pay for punching girl
THE CHRONICLE-JOURNAL
06/10/2009

http://chroniclejournal.com/top_story.php?id=191382

The former spokesman for Thunder Bay provincial police who pleaded guilty in March to a criminal charge of assault will lose a few day‘s pay after pleading guilty to a Police Services Act charge.

Const. Tim Buckland pleaded guilty Friday in Orilllia to discreditable conduct in the Feb. 8, 2008 incident in which he punched a teenage girl in the face outside his home.

An OPP spokesman said Tuesday that Buckland, 45, will have to forfeit 24 hours of pay. His conviction under the Police Services Act charge is based on his criminal conviction, the spokesman said.

The veteran police officer was off duty at the time of the incident.

Teenagers were leaving a nearby house party late in the evening when Buckland saw a male urinating on or near his car. He went outside to confront the boy and ended up in an altercation with two other youths.

Buckland had chased the urinating teen to a Suburban, and was trying to haul the boy out of the vehicle. A 17-year-old girl asked the males several times to move away from her father‘s truck.

Buckland punched her once on the chin, knocking her to the ground, an Ontario Court judge heard at Buckland‘s March sentencing.

Once he knocked the girl down, he up in a fight on the ground with two boys, both of whom were charged with aggravated assault.

Buckland received an absolute discharge after pleading guilty to assault. After the melee, he ended up in hospital and later had multiple surgeries to reconstruct his cheek bone, and to repair a broken and dislocated shoulder. He also has severe dental damage and permanent nerve loss in his face, his lawyer told the court.

The two boys were acquitted.

Buckland is currently working full-time at the Thunder Bay OPP detachment.

still not convinced?

James Keller
THE CANADIAN PRESS

VANCOUVER – The four RCMP officers involved in stunning Robert Dziekanski with a Taser at Vancouver's airport are asking a B.C. court to bar a public inquiry into his death from making findings of misconduct against them.

The inquiry's commissioner has warned the four officers that he will consider some of the allegations levelled against them during the inquiry, specifically that they acted improperly and then tried to cover up their actions.

The notice doesn't necessarily mean Thomas Braidwood will make such findings, but he is required to give notice if he wants the option left open and he's done that.

The inquiry, which began in January and wrapped up testimony last month, heard from more than 80 witnesses about what happened when Dziekanski was stunned with a Taser on Oct. 14, 2007.

The officers testified they stunned him several times because the Polish immigrant, who minutes earlier had been throwing furniture, was aggressive and threatening them with a stapler.

The officers' lawyers want the B.C. Supreme Court to prevent the inquiry from finding misconduct, arguing, among other things, that a provincial inquiry doesn't have the power to make findings against federal police officers and that such findings are outside the inquiry's original terms of reference.

"Disappointing," David Butcher, one of the officers' lawyers, said outside court Monday when asked to respond to the notice.

"We're bringing a constitutional question as to whether a provincial inquiry has authority to make findings of misconduct against RCMP officers, which are federal."

A hearing has been set for Friday.

Crown prosecutors decided last year not to charge the officers, but their actions have been under intense scrutiny at the inquiry.

The notices from the commissioner outline some of the broad allegations against Const. Kwesi Millington, Const. Bill Bentley, Const. Gerry Rundel and Cpl. Monty Robinson – allegations that were made during the inquiry by several lawyers.

The notice sent to Rundel on April 30 is contained in public court documents and the potential allegations against him include:

– When he arrived at Vancouver's airport, he failed to properly assess the situation and failed to react appropriately in confronting Dziekanski.

– The notes in his police notebook and the statements he gave to homicide investigators misrepresented Dziekanski's behaviour and what happened in an effort to justify the officers' actions.

– Rundel continued to misrepresent what happened when he testified at the inquiry.

– During his testimony, he offered "a self-serving and misleading" interpretation of his notes and statements.

Similar allegations are included in the notices to the other officers.

Reg Harris, who represents Robinson, the supervising officer on duty that night, said the notice sent to his client includes additional allegations, although he wouldn't elaborate.

In their testimony before the inquiry, each officer denied they acted improperly or tried to cover up what happened.

Walter Kosteckyj, who represents Dziekanski's mother, Zofia Cisowski, said the Mounties appear to be trying to avoid responsibility.

"These officers were under contract to the province of British Columbia, they were being paid by the people of the province of British Columbia," he said in an interview Monday.

"They don't want to be held responsible and clearly they feel that the pressure is on, so these are all last-ditch efforts."

Kosteckyj, who said he was only informed of the officers' petitions by reporters on Monday, said he'll be asking the court for a chance to intervene.

"I think that there's grounds to find misconduct here," he said. "I'll be looking to make submissions, as I expect others will."

The inquiry cannot made findings of criminal or civil wrongdoing, but findings of misconduct may add to growing public pressure for prosecutors to reconsider their decision not to charge the officers.

In announcing their decision last December, the Crown said the officers were acting lawfully and responded with reasonable force in the circumstances.

But there have been calls for prosecutors to take another look, including from Cisowski.

Specifically, critics point to inaccuracies between what's shown on an amateur video of the incident and what's contained in the officers' notes and statements.

B.C.'s former attorney general has said the Crown has the power to reconsider charges if they receive new evidence.

Findings of misconduct would also add to the public relations nightmare Dziekanski's death has become for the RCMP.

According to a Harris-Decima poll done in March for The Canadian Press, the case has damaged public confidence in the national police force, which has offered apologies while still standing behind the actions of the officers and the use of Tasers.

Closing submissions for the inquiry are scheduled to begin later this month and a report could be ready by the fall.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #39
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Please follow the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,552 Times in 845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
hehe driving clothes
Probably some black sweats in the middle of the summer to look nammer?
Or an audigier hoody,

about that border thing, If you drive across the border do they ask for your DL? and do they care if u have ur L/N?

Nope. Just hand them ur Passport and they won't give a F... you MIGHT run into trouble when ur coming back though. I don't recommend it but they don't check DL's at borders. The most they ask about cars is "Who does the car belong to?"

Obviously if you look like a kid they might suspect.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #41
Banned (BBM)

well at least i aint the only one who hate cops

fuck the cops

power tripping bs

my last car the day i got my new rims the cops gave me a VI because they said my car was lowered. WAT THE FUCK, get your facts straight before you hand out stupid tickets.

whatever
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

lol i always get hassled going across the boarder... like holy shit i aint shipping drugs! let me go!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:36 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
If you 100% know there is nothing in your vehicle that can get you to court, why not? Either way, if you refuse to let the police officer search your car, they will search it anyways.

There is a very minimal chance that when you refuse to let an officer search your car, they will back down. A police officer don't search your car unless they have a good reason to. You think they like searching your car? First, they have to get back up, then they have to go through your car, then they have write a report explaining nothing is found, which makes them look like an idiot. Often reasons a police officer wants to search your car is because they suspect that you have something to do with an incident that happened nearby or whatever.

Even if they do find something illegal and went to court, you can fight it because it was an illegal search. Either way, they would of searched your car anyways. Last time a buddy of mine refused to get out of the car to let the officer search, they smashed his windshield and pulled him out.

There is always a reason why they want to search. They don't do it because they are assholes. There are much work to put in when they want to search your car. When you get a random pull over, it's either a neighbor's 911 call where you match the description or some kind of infraction. I can assure you that most of the police don't just pull a random car over and decide to give him a ticket, you think they decide to pull him over because he didn't have an N, and expect that he was a class 7?

If you 100% know you're innocent, argue with them for a bit and then let them search so they can find out for themself what an idiot they are. You alone arguing with a police officer means nothing, you're not a lawyer.

If you think this is a horrible advice, then do the opposite, go argue with a police officer about searching, see what happens. The more you resist, the more you're guilty.
You are a pussy
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #44
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
No flaming, plz
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #45
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
That is some horrendous advice.

Why the hell would you let a police officer who has no grounds to search your vehicle, do so ?

If something illegal was found and seized and you went to court, you can contest the search. The police officer has to prove to a judge, on reasonable grounds, why he had suspicions to search your car.

You might as well drop your pants and spread your cheeks with that line of thinking.
If you have nothing to hide, then, why not? Gives the popo more of a reason to persue a search.
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #46
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
well at least i aint the only one who hate cops

fuck the cops

power tripping bs

my last car the day i got my new rims the cops gave me a VI because they said my car was lowered. WAT THE FUCK, get your facts straight before you hand out stupid tickets.

whatever

HOLYSHIT so today i was driving very safe and slow 50KM a cop pulls beside me on the left lane. I looked and gave him a smile, he stared at me like im an idiot so im like wtf. keep on driving, the truck in front of me was going NO MORE THAN 55KPH, cuz he was only slightly ahead the cop pulls him over.

now the cop could have pulled him over for some other reason. But i choose to beleive there powerr tripping again.

I would love to one on one a cop fuck, not all some are iight but the one that fuckin ticketed me.
SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #47
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Home View Post
I guess its a bad day for people dealing with police.

I was driving to work. Going down burrard towards georgia. Im in the lane with my left blinker on as a cop on a motorcycle puts his lights on to cross georgia and stops next to me facing the opposit direction at the next light. I have my windows almost all the way down. About a inch of the window is visable. As im turning left at the light i see in my rear view mirrior hes pulling a U-ey. As soon as i see it i put my windows down fully. He pulls me over walks up to my car.

I ask him what the problem is. In a forceful voice he demands my lisence and registration. I tell him no problem. He asks me where im going. I tell him work. He then snikkers at me and says isn't it early to be selling drugs. At this point im offended. I say that he had to pull me over for a reason, so just give me the ticket for that and i can be on my way. He writes me a ticket for front window tint. He then says if i pay it early it will be reduced by 25%. I try to explain the fact that i had just bought the car and thats the way it came. So i ask him if i can pay the ticket right then and there. He accuses me of trying to bribe him. At this point i realized he was just an asshole. so i took the ticket and went on my way.

As i drove away he guns it across the street again and pulls over a grey BMW. He literally runs up to the window of the car and tells them to put their hands on the dash. One of those over zealous cops thinking hes actually making a difference.

As usual i will appeal the ticket, change the date of it close to the time of the court date, wait for him not to show up. profit.

A classic case of someone trying to play the law for a fool. Riiiight, "I just bought the car and it came like this". You the idiot that had front tint. You have no right to call that cop out. You broke the law and now pay for it and man up. How you gonna apeal the ticket?
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #48
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,770 Times in 911 Posts
Call it in! lol

Seriously I got quite a bit of calls everyday with people making complaints about VPD officers. One guy even started crying once and then couldn't take it anymore and hung up.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
You are a pussy
Oh, so you're tough now cause you stood up to a police officer. You're smart.

If the officer really had a reason of suspicion to search your vehicle, they will no matter what. If you can't tell if they're being serious, or just being a douche, then you shouldn't be so tough against a police officer.

1) You have to know, it's their job to do what they have to do when they get a disturbance call or whatever.
2) Most of the time they'll find nothing, so it wouldn't matter if it's an illegal search to them.
3) If they do find something illegal that has nothing to do with whatever they're dealing with, you're sent to court and probably get the charge off as an illegal search. The cop gets no record saying he's bad or anything, but yours will be on record forever, even if you are proven innocent.
4) If a police officer knows for sure you have a couple of kilo of coke in your trunk, they won't do an illegal search because they can get framed for planting in your car. They would think otherwise to do a search without warrant.
5) Sure, cops are not smart cause then they'd be a lawyer or judge, but they do know their game, what should and what shouldn't be dealt with. If it's a 17 year old driving with his N sign, you think they care if you have your rights? 99% of the time if they did do a search and find nothing, they're off free without a complain or hassle. The kid can grab his badge number and name, but what are the chances that the kid is gonna follow through and complain to the VPD or RCMP? If he does, would it even be that big of an issue? No.

So either way, when a cop wants to search your car, they will. They are not gonna back off because you have your rights. Unless your lawyer is sitting in your passenger seat. Most of the time in these situation, the cop wins.

Last edited by mr_chin; 06-13-2009 at 05:25 PM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

what if u refuse and the cop smashes ur window ... what compensation can u get :P
can u sue them for big bucks ?
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote