REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 AM   #26
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Golden ears is great for first time campers and basically what is dubbed "car camping"

there are more remote areas farther away from the city, but are more towards ruffin it, however they are soooo much more fun!
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I love Golden Ears and Alouette Lake!! So gorgeous! I've been there many times and it's always great. It's quite a long drive from the entrance to the campgrounds...all those trees.
~designer_rice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
They're filming Harry Potter outside of Britian???!!!!????

JK Rowling is gonna be pissed.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #29
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Maybe I just had a bad experience last year, but me and my friends were at Gold Creek campground and the park rangers were complete assholes to us.

It was 11pm and we knew that we were supposed to be quiet, so we were literally keeping our voices down to a whisper, but the rangers continually came over to our site and told us to go to bed! It was ridiculous.

Didn't help that we had families with kids all around us as well.

This year we are going back to Sasquatch Provincial Park. No flushing toilets or sinks, but from what I remember, the plots were a bit more spread out, and the rangers more forgiving.
when i went, they park rangers were so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~designer_rice~ View Post
I love Golden Ears and Alouette Lake!! So gorgeous! I've been there many times and it's always great. It's quite a long drive from the entrance to the campgrounds...all those trees.
we were there, lined up for the entrance. The park rangers were like border wannabes just without a gun. they were SOOOO nice, we laughed a little bit and even the girl said, oh u're a visitor, just go right in... it was a great camp site, very close by each other and it was simply awesome.

FYI, it does get pretty chilly at night..
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #30
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
Golden ears is great for first time campers and basically what is dubbed "car camping"

there are more remote areas farther away from the city, but are more towards ruffin it, however they are soooo much more fun!
yup, just 45 minutes from home if you're sick of the cold/bugs

*note there is NO cellphone service out there
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #31
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

How early do you need to make reservations togo to these places? Even in a month it says all golden ears campgrounds are full for the weekends
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #32
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
For any camping that requires reservations ALL weekends will be booked up pretty much as soon as reservations start. Just go weekday mang, less people and not as crowded = better imo.

Just came back from golden ears gold creek a few days ago. Whether wasn't the greatest but it didn't rain so that's fine with me. Fire ban was lifted a few days before I went which was great. We took an extra car up just to fill it with fire wood. Ran out and drove out to 7-11 and jacked like 10 bundles lol. The camp sells them for $8 a bundle.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!

here is a shot from golden ears park from 2 weeks ago.... yes snow in july, and only 2 other people there within a few km's.

you guys are just camping in the wrong spots

johny is offline   Reply With Quote