REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
girls with long term relationship problem

Just had dinner with 3 of my high school friends, all 3 of them keep complaining
about their 3+ yrs bf are being boring, "don't really care", no intention to make
the relationship better, and no plan to get married etc.

It's not the first time I hear girls complaining about their guys being so "settled"
and don't really give a shit about their gf. The nerds will continue to be a nerd or
worse, the outgoing ones will probably go out a lot more without the gf presents,
the workaholic, you can probably imagine that...

I don't know what they can do about it. Either they find a better one or stick
with being alone during the weekday and see each other once on saturday or
something.

If you are a guy with a stable gf, how do you spice up the relationship?

To mod: feel free to give out warning points if someone says "I'd bang all 3 of them" Thank you

Last edited by asian_XL; 06-19-2009 at 07:50 AM.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
RabidMod

Thanked 1,082 Times in 404 Posts
I'd bang all 3 of them.

You're asking 'if you're a guy with a stable gf, how do you spice up the relationship', but are the boyfriends willing to even do that? If they're not willing, the relationship's stagnated, and they aren't happy together anymore, then is there really a point to hanging in there? Especially if there's no plan for marriage?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Gf and I will be together for 4 years next month. We've talked about marriage but thats a little down the road. GF and I are very much happy even after 4 years. Yeah we're not as lovey dovey anymore like we used to be when we first went out because that "feeling" has worn off and we're spending more time apart because we have different interests and goals but we always have our movie nights, walks to wherever and dates here and there. The main thing in a relationship is communication. If both parties are aware of how the other feels then there realy should be no problem. Its relationships where the other party is too busy, doesnt spend enough time with each other, don't communicate that the boring, dont care, no intention to make the relationship factor comes into play. Also it depends on if the couple is living together or not. GF and I haved lived together since day 1
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Why can't they do something to spice it up?

Or does it always have to be the boyfriend's job?
iceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburner View Post

QFT

You never hear guys complaining about this. lol
Old 06-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #6

^ they don't complain, they just go out find some fuck buddies...
guys don't like complicated things...haha
Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
RabidMod

Thanked 1,082 Times in 404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
GF and I haved lived together since day 1
was that intentional or were you roommates?
Old 06-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #8
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburner View Post

i think in a girl's mind, since its the bf that "doesnt care," it becomes his job to spice things up
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 AM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
^ they don't complain, they just go out find some fuck buddies...
guys don't like complicated things...haha

iceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #10
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Girls just tend to do this when they get together as a form of bonding. Just like guys talk about cars, chicks, sports as a form of bonding. Get married and see how many husbands will make jabs about their wives to other husbands, but they're not always serious.

In fact, though they complain a lot, I'd bet that if they broke up, all 3 of those female friends of yours will have their lives shattered. They're not even thinking about breaking up ever.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #11
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Read my sig. then you will understand.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

it is, the best sig i have seen on a forum, ever.

btw, i would bang all 3.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
you
Banned (BBM)

post pics of ur female friends or it didn't happen
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #14
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

yea, just like i know ppl who always complain about their SO about this & that. & when I tell them, why dun u break up if u'r having such a hard time. Silence

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #15
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
I chase her around her house with my pants down.
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #16

well, quite a few immature posts here, have you guys ever had a long term relationship?

I had two LT relationship in my life...yeah, I screwed up the first one, being too settled in
the relationship, she ran away with another guy at the end. I learned my lesson, now it's my
3rd year being with my current gf, I have to remind myself frequently that it's my job to
keep her happy (of course, she keeps me naughty in bed as well). Thanks that we have
common goals, work in the same industry, and have a similar family/education background,
it sure helps us a lot in communication.

I am not sure whether it's the guy's job or it's a mutual problem, but girls tend to have the
valid reasons to blame everything on their guys. Then guys will claim their gf is overreacting,
bla bla bla. It usually becomes a tough decision for the girls whether to continue or not.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #17
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Gf and I will be together for 4 years next month. We've talked about marriage but thats a little down the road. GF and I are very much happy even after 4 years. Yeah we're not as lovey dovey anymore like we used to be when we first went out because that "feeling" has worn off and we're spending more time apart because we have different interests and goals but we always have our movie nights, walks to wherever and dates here and there. The main thing in a relationship is communication. If both parties are aware of how the other feels then there realy should be no problem. Its relationships where the other party is too busy, doesnt spend enough time with each other, don't communicate that the boring, dont care, no intention to make the relationship factor comes into play. Also it depends on if the couple is living together or not. GF and I haved lived together since day 1

wow that's almost identical to my situation with my gf, minus the living together parts, although I've slept over for a couple weeks when her mom was out of the country
Next month is our 4th year too.

anyway...
I agree communication is key. Listen to what each other says, pay attention to the smallest things, compliment her, etc. Pick her up from work if needed.
Communicate!
This girl and I have been dealing with a sort of long distance relationship because she's been schooling in a different city for a year now. Nothing has really changed much and I really really think communication is the reason why things are still working out.
That, and neither of us like to go crazy with drinking and partying.
But COMMUNICATION is probably the most important thing when it comes to maintaining a relationship. Sometimes, it really doesn't hurt to tell them you're heading out to superstore to buy something, as insignificant a piece of information as that may be. As long as it doesn't turn into an excessive 'want to know where you are at every moment in time" behaviour, it's cool.

Last edited by vna888; 06-20-2009 at 11:10 AM.
vna888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #18

I've been dating my gf for about 6 years and the key is def communication. Although i'm off for the sem. (univ) and unemployed i spend a lot of my time taking her out, bringing her over to my place , and just playing videogames or something. its been like this for the last 4 months and shes ok with it.

If your worried about a gf getting bored, try introducing her into things and make her feel likes shes doing a good job. I wash my car a lot so i asked if she wanted to help. she sprays the car with the hose and loves it... probably cause she already knows how to handle mine lol. but no joke, she feels like she involved. i bought her a dslite when i was playing xbox all the time and she uses it almost everyday, she just went out and bought a wii yesterday too

Like i said, get her slowly involved in things you like doing, and make her feel like shes doing a good job. Remember that you'll have to pretend like your interested in stuff SHE likes doing too. When my gf goes out shopping for makeup she lets me pick what colour she buys for eye shadow, nail polish. then she starts buying colours i like. its a small way of showing her that i care and buy her wearing it its a simple way of showing me she cares about how i think and look at her.

hope this helps
Old 06-20-2009, 02:49 AM   #19

oh and i thought this cyanide and happiness comic was the best choice for this thread

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Donthearme.jpg
Old 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #20
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
was that intentional or were you roommates?
intentional, we've known each other for awhile too so once it was official we were set
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #21
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Sometimes people just complain just for complaining's sake. Even when nothing is wrong.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

fuck reading this thread makes me want a gf =(
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #23
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

before they blame the bf for not doing anything to improve the relationshop, ask themselve why they think the relationships need improvement ...

usually people are not happy because of frustration caused by unmet expectation(s) ... are there certain things that those grils are expecting from their relationships?? are their bf's award of these expectation(s) and, more importantly, are those expectation(s) real ... if the bf is flipping burgers at McDonald, buying a 5 carat diamond ring for her birthday is highly unlikely gonna happen ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.

Last edited by buddy; 06-26-2009 at 11:20 AM.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #24
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
yea, just like i know ppl who always complain about their SO about this & that. & when I tell them, why dun u break up if u'r having such a hard time. Silence
If my wife's bitching and getting on my nerves that is exactly what I tell her. "There's the door if you're not happy leave anytime you want". I obviously don't think she's going anywhere I just try and put it in perspective for her. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I on the other hand don't really complain, at least not to her. It's worked for 12 going on 13 years now.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #25
you
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
If my wife's bitching and getting on my nerves that is exactly what I tell her. "There's the door if you're not happy leave anytime you want". I obviously don't think she's going anywhere I just try and put it in perspective for her. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I on the other hand don't really complain, at least not to her. It's worked for 12 going on 13 years now.

gj letting the woman know her "options"
you is offline   Reply With Quote