REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Car Alarm: Perimeter Sensor?

Hey guys,

My car got keyed over the weekend, right in my driveway. Estimates put the damage at around $2000. Needless to say, I am not happy about the situation. I've been thinking about a car alarm - specifically, something with a perimeter sensor. But I've heard that perimeter sensors are a major PITA, so I'm looking for someone that's had one in their vehicle before, or someone with experience working with them, to find out whether they're worth it or not.

In particular, I've thrown a car cover over the car at night. I'm not sure if a car cover and a perimeter alarm would play nice - if the cover moves in the wind, would that set the alarm off? I want my ride secure, but I also don't want to annoy the neighbours with endless false alarms because it's windy, or something.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally posted by BilletPimp
and she wishes you'd realize that she broke up with you ;)
Demosthenes X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

I personally haven't had one but my buddy had one in his S2k and it was a nice feature. When we went places he left the top down and that was pretty cool. He set his to be pretty sensitive so it was beeping all the time. It gives a couple warnings before the alarm acctually went off but false alarms do happen here and there but most of the time it just beeps at ya. Altho I remember telling an other friend about this technology and he said if he walked by a car and it beeped at him, that he would key the car just for that???

and as for the car cover. im pretty sure that would defeat the purpose of the perimeter sensor, but u could just use the car cover for at home and then use the perimeter sensor for wen u go out.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Just a little side track, but still an alarm question.

I realized my car alarm (Autopage) doesn't make the loud chirping sound when I arm/disarm the car, where should I look fix the problem? The chirp sound right now sounds muffled. Could it be because I washed my car and got the alarm wires wet?

Thanks in advance for your help!
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote