REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

HELP: I wanna set up my 6gb data plan on my BB BOLD!!!

As title states, I have the 6gb data plan from iphone and want to use it in my unlocked BOLD but cant/dont know how to set it up.

Please PM/text me what you got to help me ASAP please and thanks!!!
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

I don't think the fido 6gb works on a bb? Only unlocked phones n iphone

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

You need the Rogers 6gb BIS plan to work with BB. If you're on Fido and using an unlocked bold(like I am atm) then you cannot use the 6gb option as it does not have the correct BIS APN to be added.

edit: Kinda related, so I tried to add the 6gb/$30 plan to my account. I currently have the 500mb BIS/$25, getting rid of my Bold soon. CSR said I can't add it unless I give them an Iphone IMEI. I renewed and got an iphone 3g back in Feb. but sold that already. Anybody have different experience with Fido and getting that 30gb promo? Is there any way to circumvent the IMEI? Any help would be great.

Feedback

Last edited by atrin; 06-23-2009 at 10:57 AM.
atrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

So ur saying I can't use it on the unlocked bold at all?! Shit! So I basically have a useless bold or a data plan that I can't use! But I heard some people on hofo set it up but I just dunno how... Hell I'd pay for someone to hook this up! Any other replies?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

just call rogers and tell them you have both phones..iphone and bold...they can add the blackberry codes to your plan to make it work...