REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   6 Ways Your Phone Is Ruining Your Dating Life (https://www.revscene.net/forums/580339-6-ways-your-phone-ruining-your-dating-life.html)

K-Dub 06-24-2009 01:14 AM

6 Ways Your Phone Is Ruining Your Dating Life

Quote:

I don’t want any of you to be sabotaging yourselves from finding great connections all because of your cell phone. So to help you be aware if you unknowingly killing your love life by “self cell phone sabotage,” here are 6 ways your phone may be ruining your dating life:

1. You’re Stopping Them Mid-Approach: You’re in a store where someone is checking you out – someone you’ve also noticed and found attractive. Then that someone decides to approach you, but the minute they take their first step in your direction, your phone rings . . . and you answer it. Not only do you answer it, but you proceed to have the same unimportant repetitive conversation with the friend who called you. By doing this, you have stopped someone who was already interested in you from approaching – and they probably won’t wait around to do it a second time.

http://www.davidwygant.com/blog/6-wa...r-dating-life/

I thought this was a good read.

hotjoint 06-24-2009 06:51 AM

good read. I know many of these "phone whores" that are too wrapped up with convos on the phone or text messages. Was at one of my friends weddings a few weeks ago and my friends gf was on her blackberry pretty much all night having a text convo, so fuckin disrespectful.

03aspec 06-24-2009 08:46 AM

that was a good read. those reasons were exactly why i got rid my blackberry, i was turning into a huge phone whore. stupid crackberry addiction, you just sit there and wait for that damn little red light to blink telling you that you have a bbm or text waiting.. with my iphone, i dont have any of these problems. i am able to leave it sitting around without checking it for texts etc.

Durrann1984 06-24-2009 10:35 AM

i know man its like ppl with blackberrys seem very disrespectful

whats the point of coming out anyway where you can pllay your blackberry or iphone games at home

frack

BallPeenHammer 06-24-2009 10:47 AM

overusage of the phone when you're out w/ friends or on a date.

I knew someone who'd talk to his g/f while we were out and just DISAPPEAR.

left me on robson once 'cuz they were arguing over something stupid and he was gone for FOUR HOURS.

needless to say, I left after the first 10 minutes. That's some rude shit.

Orion 06-24-2009 11:11 AM

it doesn't just ruin dating life.. its downgrading the meaning of face to face interaction with friends

q0192837465 06-24-2009 02:52 PM

My gf can't stop texting too. Why can't they just call & be over with, geez

skyxx 06-24-2009 03:20 PM

Cause to them it's "rude" getting called or calling someone and it's "not' when you text. :)

K-Dub 06-24-2009 03:23 PM

I hate texting, and I hate friends who will constantly be texting when you're hanging out with them, I think it's so rude.

Nvasion 06-24-2009 04:49 PM

yup i hate it when i drive my GF and the whole time shes on the phone going blah blah blah and im getting annoyed to death cuz i dont give a crap about her nails or w/e shes talking to her "bff" about. so i just blast the music untill she cant take it and hangs up, then when she hangs up im like "oh did that bother you?"

Girl 06-24-2009 05:30 PM

The best is having sex while texting :lol

...gets them all the time.

I was once watching a movie at home with this guy, he spent 1/4 of the movie on his blackberry then made me re-watch the last 1/4 of the movie with him. :) ...and don't think I didn't notice.....I did.

BlackV62K2 06-24-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 6480654)
yup i hate it when i drive my GF and the whole time shes on the phone going blah blah blah and im getting annoyed to death cuz i dont give a crap about her nails or w/e shes talking to her "bff" about. so i just blast the music untill she cant take it and hangs up, then when she hangs up im like "oh did that bother you?"

LOL awesome haha

RabidRat 06-24-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 6480654)

i'd do the same if i could get away with it hahaha

vancouverdc4 06-25-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 6480884)
i'd do the same if i could get away with it hahaha

I think you guys are with the wrong types of girls....i can't stand girls that focus on their nails and all they talk about is their hair or clothes

Nvasion 06-25-2009 09:49 PM

theres a few times also when i will just stare at her and be like "you done yet? cuz if u wannna talk to ur friend(s) so much ill drop u off whereever they are so you can hangout with them instead of me." that always works

muteki 06-25-2009 10:30 PM

You think girls are bad?
You dunno how many guys go out and just keep texting and talking on the phone.
It's so freaking annoying, such a waste of time hanging out with people like that.
Like why even come out if you're just going to do that, just go hang out with that person or stay home.

03aspec 06-26-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyComplex (Post 6482791)
You think girls are bad?
You dunno how many guys go out and just keep texting and talking on the phone.
It's so freaking annoying, such a waste of time hanging out with people like that.
Like why even come out if you're just going to do that, just go hang out with that person or stay home.

this is why i wish that i could walk around carrying a wooden hand that says bitch slap on it. i would walk up to every douchetard sitting in a bar texting and hit them with it.

Tapioca 06-26-2009 08:28 AM

People who give constant attention to their phones are doing it to appear like they're important when that's probably not the case.

"I'm so important because I have 6 BlackBerry Messenger conversations and 3 SMS conversations going on at the same time while I sip on my Bellini."

FYI - I am BlackBerry user. :o

hotjoint 06-26-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 6483287)
People who give constant attention to their phones are doing it to appear like they're important when that's probably not the case.

"I'm so important because I have 6 BlackBerry Messenger conversations and 3 SMS conversations going on at the same time while I sip on my Bellini."

my friend's gf has 2 phones. 1 for "business" and 1 personal. She works for rogers. I wanna slap her upside the head. She's constantly on her phone 24/7 talking and texting. Wtf is the point of even hanging out if you're just gonna phone whore all day.

BallPeenHammer 06-26-2009 08:44 AM

I've kicked people out of my car for that.

With fair warning beforehand, of course.

It's ok if it's the odd 2 minute conversation 'cuz her/his friend wanted to confirm something or they're making quick plans, etc.

But to just ramble on? I almost chewed my friend's head off last night at the Transformers movie 'cuz the movie's starting and he was still talking.
I told him twice, and he kept going, being like "what? not like I'm buggin anyone"

I told him to either talk outside or I'll smash his phone. I think he got the hint.

gearshifter 06-26-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 6483287)

I can't help but to agree. It's annoying as hell.

slammer111 06-26-2009 12:52 PM

Having entire texting conversations while out with friends is just plain RUDE.

The only thing worse than that is Hongers who don't shut off their phones in the movie theatre, and text like crazy on their 4" screens with white backgrounds. When they do that I make it a point to eavesdrop over their shoulders.

BallPeenHammer 06-26-2009 01:33 PM

^ I've encountered a couple hongers that actually started talking mid-movie, multiple times.
on 2 occasions I walked over, took the phone, and threw it off the top.

Was applauded by the audience both times.

gearshifter 06-28-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer (Post 6483647)
^ I've encountered a couple hongers that actually started talking mid-movie, multiple times.
on 2 occasions I walked over, took the phone, and threw it off the top.

Was applauded by the audience both times.

Wow. What did the hongers do after?

BallPeenHammer 06-29-2009 10:39 AM

^ looked at me and went "wtf?"

I looked at them and I went "stfu, sit the fuckdown, enjoy the movie. You can tell your mom to buy you another phone tomorrow. And maybe some manners. Please excuse me"
in a semi-nice way.

I mean, I don't do it often. it's only twice.

But it's fucking annoying. They were 2 rows up, and it wasn't super duper packed, but pretty busy. And their ringers were on, they gabbled on the phone for minutes at a time. At one point the girl was picking out a dress for her friend on the phone.

I was like "WTF?"

You should be able to go outside for that shit.

ugh, don't even get me started on ppl who bring their dog-in-a-bag into theaters.
I'd throw them too but it's illegal. always wanted to football punt one of those little motherfuckers.