REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources

Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources All Toyota & Lexus Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
STOP, it's fuel filter time! (pics)

So i decided to tackle the fuel filter today.

Under the rear seat, driver side w/ metal plate removed (held in place with 3 plastic 10mm bolts)

Fuel Pump Assembly

Here is the New Fuel Filter

But what is this then??? what filter is this???

I originally thought this was the fuel filter, but when i ordered from sewell, they sent me the black plastic piece.

It sits below, attached to the fuel pump.

and here is faithful Titan, knowing he is no help so he'd best just do what he does best, chill...

Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Hahaha, nice dog! Reminds me of our old German Shepard.

The thing you see is the fuel pump sock. I guess it keeps big chunks of debris from getting sucked up.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Did you notice any difference after the change?

I don't know if I have to change mine, but me and my friend changed it on a NA AW11, the difference is night and day as it's already 20+ years old and it's still stock... when it's on the stock filter, we can get it barely off the line as fast as student drivers, and that's when we are flooring it, slipping the clutch from higher rpm was actually faster than flooring the car.
Solo_D33A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

ok so update.

after the install, i filled up with gas... strange, the dial would only reach a little past 3/4 of a tank even if its completely full

saturday, i finally had a spare hour to take a look.

1) remove seat
2) remove 3 plastic 10mm nuts
3) remove 8 8mm bolts
4)unplug everything

found the problem, the clip that holds the fuel line to the fuel pump assembly had the 2 flang part facing outward. that i donno 5-10mm of metal put pressure on the whole assembly so it was tilted towards one of the baffles in the tank... that was enough to screw around with the tank floater, which sends the signal to ur instrument cluster how much gas u have.

put everything back together, bam, fixed!

rule of thumb, put everything, EXACTLY the way u found it, including the fuel line clip! EXACTLY.,...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

any difference, not really, maybe a little bit better throttle response, and maybe when climbing hills

i guess my fuel filter wasnt all that dirty, but hard to say when the car is used, i donno if the previous owner had changed it, so i might as well!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors