REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 06-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

rev problems when stepping on the gas

Hey my friend has a 2001 integra type r, when he is cruising normally than hits the gas to either pass someone etc, the car just revs up for 3 seconds no change in speed, what is causing this problem?
Advertisement
94supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

automatic or standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
teg type-R so should be manual.

hmm, can u ask ur friend, at a full stop, put into 3rd gear, and try to slowly let the clutch in and see if the car gets moving or if the revs go up but the cat doesnt budge an inch?

if it moves, the clutch is still good, if the car doesnt move, from a dead stop, in 3rd gear, doesnt move even a bit, and it sounds like its just revving and not gripping, then chances are his clutch is gone and needs replacing.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94supra View Post
Hey my friend has a 2001 integra type r, when he is cruising normally than hits the gas to either pass someone etc, the car just revs up for 3 seconds no change in speed, what is causing this problem?
a torqueless engine?? all joking aside, sounds like the clutch is on its last legs
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
degenerate extraordinaire

definitely is the clutch... might not 100% be on its last leg but a pretty good indication to start saving up for it.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
What's the mileage like? And was the clutch ever changed?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
teg type-R so should be manual.
of course, of course ... my bad ... only see integra somehow ..

anyhoo .. clutch will be my first bet too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote