REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech

Autobody, Lighting, & Structural Tech This forum is brought to you by RPM Electronics in Burnaby.
Discussion about modifying your auotomotive lighting, retrofits, auto body, share projects, ideas, etc.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

04 g35 coupe headlights

i have a 04 g35 coupe with a headlight bulb burnt out. someone gave me their stock bulbs from their 03 350z (leftover from when they changed their bulbs to higher intensity) does anyone know if these bulbs will work in the g? replacing the headlights may involve removing the bumper so i dont want to do all that and find out the bulbs are not the same

thanks
Advertisement
xzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Since when do you need to remove the bumper to change a bulb on ANY car?
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
Since when do you need to remove the bumper to change a bulb on ANY car?
the Z bulbs should be fine. and ya to get the g35 headlamp housings out, you need to pull the bumper off. its a pain in the ass.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
you can do it without pulling the bumper out.... for the left light, turn your front wheels all the way to the right, pull that plastic fender lining inside out enough so you can put your hand through to reach the back of the housing, and yea it's a little tough, but it's pretty easy...

there is a DIY somewhere on G35driver.com, search it up
Old 06-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #5

for the left that may be possible, but it's the right thats burnt out - from memory, theres not alot of play on the right side to access the bulb without coming up with some great four letter word combinations.

i will more than likely pull the bumper off as i have done it before to access the headlight to install alarm leds. just didnt want to go through all that to find out the bulbs were different
Old 06-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
ya i did it for a friend, Just like my Accord you need to either take the bumper off or like adon said fender liner which is a lot easier
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #7

sorry I forgot to add at the end of my post that you do the exact opposite for the right side...

you're basically moving your front wheels out of the way just so you can have easier access to the lights.... once you pull the fender lining out enough for your arm to stick through, then it's a cake walk.

and if you really feel like pulling the bumper off....
just remember, you can just lean it out a little on the top, you don't have to unhook the bottom screws at all.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #8

though accessing through the fender well is possible - to unclip the actual bulb can be very difficult. i chose to partially remove the bumper and just remove the headlight for ease.

oh and for anyone else that tries this, the bulbs for a 350z are not the same as for a G35!
Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #9

yea the 03-05 Z's and G's use a D2R bulb, and the 06+ models with projectors use D2S bulbs....

I don't know, for me once I stick my arm past the fender liner, I unscrew the cap, reach in and pinch those two clips holding the light bulb in.... it comes right off..

but I've done it a lot of times when I had my lights of the car so I know what the inside of the headlight casing looks like, which makes the job a lot easier instead of just feeling your way around.

good job by the way.... just be careful when pulling your bumper off, make sure you tape up your fenders or use a towel to cover it, cuz as you're pulling the bumper off it will scrape your fenders
Old 06-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Damn thats a pain in the ass.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote