REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Supafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: VanCity/HCMC/HK
Posts: 4,760
Thanked 694 Times in 235 Posts
Constant Dangerous Driver in my neighbourhood....

I did a bit of research on the forums but cannot come up with a reasonable answer.

Anyways theres a neighbour that lives one block behind our house and he constantly drives rediculously fast up/down our street/backalley; running stop signs and doing burnouts....this man (age 40+) seems to not care for the posted signs of " Children at Play" or "SLOW"....
To add to this, his exhaust noise from his mustang is absolutely loud...loud enough for me to hear him a few city blocks away.

Our neighbours seem to not want to confront or speak up about the situation..they talk alot, but they don't want to try and stop this fellow...
I have confronted this guy before, and he did "slow down" for a few months, but with the weather lately, he seems to not care for pedestrians on the streets or the kids that play in the neighbourhood.

Would the Burnaby detachment do anything if i catch this guy on vid and have visual proof...or should i just file a verbal complaint?....This guy has been doing it ever since he moved into our neighbourhood lastyear.

He drives a white mustang GT with open headers..which is insanely loud even ideling...and driving like an idiot during peak hours and evenings is starting to get irratating....
Advertisement
__________________
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Video tape on.

Hit record button.

Call RCMP and show them video evidence.

GG.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,568
Thanked 238 Times in 94 Posts
^ +2
__________________
Q: What do you like most in a woman?
A: My dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Moderator
 
CanadaGoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: here & there
Posts: 4,654
Thanked 298 Times in 131 Posts
Just call the non-emergency line and talk to someone about it.

Join blockwatch too
__________________
Moderator
Vancouver Automotive Chat | Vancouver Off-Topic
__________________

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
When you see him coming, throw spikes out on the road.
__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
Retired Traffic Cop
 
skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 9,023
Thanked 115 Times in 66 Posts
All suggestions except jlenko's are recommended. His is what most of us would really like to do.
__________________
Have you ever met anyone that would admit to being less than a better than average driver ??

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 128
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
I did a bit of research on the forums but cannot come up with a reasonable answer.

Anyways theres a neighbour that lives one block behind our house and he constantly drives rediculously fast up/down our street/backalley; running stop signs and doing burnouts....this man (age 40+) seems to not care for the posted signs of " Children at Play" or "SLOW"....
To add to this, his exhaust noise from his mustang is absolutely loud...loud enough for me to hear him a few city blocks away.

Our neighbours seem to not want to confront or speak up about the situation..they talk alot, but they don't want to try and stop this fellow...
I have confronted this guy before, and he did "slow down" for a few months, but with the weather lately, he seems to not care for pedestrians on the streets or the kids that play in the neighbourhood.

Would the Burnaby detachment do anything if i catch this guy on vid and have visual proof...or should i just file a verbal complaint?....This guy has been doing it ever since he moved into our neighbourhood lastyear.

He drives a white mustang GT with open headers..which is insanely loud even ideling...and driving like an idiot during peak hours and evenings is starting to get irratating....
Sometimes the most simplest of answers is the correct one. Do what you have to do.

Its obviously within the law to capture this idiot blatantly breaking the law. I don't see why you need to ask on the internet what to do.

Sounds to me like you just needed to vent to someone.
stutterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 703
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
sounds like the stereotypical mustang owner... geez...

Sorry to hear this...
__________________
2007 DBP GLI: Bagged, BBK'd, Built 2.0T FSI w/GT3071R DSG w/ LSD FOR SALE

2010 Touareg V6 TDI - Loving the green power
2011 Audi S4 - order picked for production... will be a late xmas present!!

hardSLAM
yvrnycracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,977
Thanked 185 Times in 129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
All suggestions except jlenko's are recommended. His is what most of us would really like to do.
Makes you wonder about society when the action that the majority of us desire to do is the least acceptable resolution to the problem


If you know where the guy is but are too anxious about confronting him, perhaps send him an anonymous letter letting him know that his actions are unwanted on that road and that further continuation of his behavior would result in a call to the police.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:53 AM   #10
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
124Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 5,545
Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
If you know where the guy is but are too anxious about confronting him, perhaps send him an anonymous letter letting him know that his actions are unwanted on that road and that further continuation of his behavior would result in a call to the police.
^That's what I'll recommend as well.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Supafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: VanCity/HCMC/HK
Posts: 4,760
Thanked 694 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutterr View Post

Sounds to me like you just needed to vent to someone.
Im not venting...

Im not going to go and make a claim/statement if it only results in wasted time...

Its a police forum, and the search button didn't come up with any answers..

edit: thanks for the suggestions...i'll get something down and maybe i'll post it up.
__________________
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #12
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Shaugnessy
Posts: 2,610
Thanked 480 Times in 167 Posts
40+ years old and driving like that? tell him he drives it like his parents are on vacation
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #13
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Difference between men and boys is the size of their toys...in this case, to quote Skrek..."we know what he's compensating for".
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net