REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Liquid filled street hockey ball?

Mylec G-Force Roller Hockey Balls...
They are supposed to reduce bounce, right?

They cost about $6 at Cyclone Taylor. So are they worth the few extra bucks?
Are they any more durable than the normal cheaper hockey balls?
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

If they're anything like the Z Ball we used to use (same liquid filled what-not) they weren't worth the money. $7 a pop and marginally, if any better than a regular ball and in my experience, crack easily (actually had one crack no more than a few minutes after breaking the packaging with the first slapshot).

I remember someone raving about a similar one made by Franklin, suppose to be better than the Z Ball and Mylec.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Nothing beats the orange ball.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I use Mylec liquid filled street hockey balls and they leak over time. Other than that they're nice and rigid, not soft like the generic 99 cent ones. If you're worried about bounce I don't think the generic ones are that much worse.

Do I prefer Mylecs over the generic ones? Yes but I wouldn't pay retail for them. I got my Mylecs for free but I'd just buy the 99 cent ones because you'll end up losing them anyway.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
We should all play street hockey again. Just like the good old days with the "black ice goalie equipment" and the plastic replaceable stick blades.

I miss my childhood

Sorry, this thread made me feel nostalgic.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
We should all play street hockey again. Just like the good old days with the "black ice goalie equipment" and the plastic replaceable stick blades.

I miss my childhood

Sorry, this thread made me feel nostalgic.
Ha ha ha! I know what you mean man. My friends and I use to play roller with the CCM pads and our makeshift chest protector (Life Jacket). Too bad our Lacrosse box was too small and we could only play 4 vs 4
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
A trick I used to use is to get a wiffle ball of a size you like and stuff it with a rag or sock until its the weight you want it to be. No bounce and it doesn't "stick" to the blade like some other balls when they get warm. Nothing is worse that trying to stick handle and the stick keeps rolling over the ball instead of sliding it.

Berz out.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

theres 3 different weather type balls.
1. warm weather
2. regular weather
3. cold weather

and all these are liquid filled. i would def recommend that you pick up those liquid filled ones, because the cheap ones at canadian tire are cheap and they are super soft and when it gets warm, they stick. avoid getting a ball thats too hard because they bounce like crazy.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
I am Hook'd on RS

I'd say go for the balls at cyclone taylors. they "flow" much easier. ie: moves along the ground easier. really helpful if the road your playing on is bumpy or not perfectly smooth.
canuckfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote