REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

WCB claims

I injured my finger at work and filed a WCB claim since mid-May.

How long do claims get approved? I have been forking out my physio treatments myself since then and its $50 a pop, twice a week.

I have done forms such as doctors, physio, employer, employee and a fucking 20 page questionaire... HAND WRITTEN

i am getting poorer and poorer because they are so slow in approving my claim. i called and bitch, but they seem like they dont give a shit and said that "we have to follow the claim process".

are they trying to screw me over? or do they usually take 6 weeks?

anything else i can do or your experience?

fuck

TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
That seems like a long time to approve a claim. I had a claim last year for my shoulder. I actually almost fucked myself because I hurt myself in Jan. and waited all the until March to make the claim which is a big no no with them. The last thing I wanted to do was make a claim, I was hoping it would just fix itself. It got the the point where I couldn't take the pain anymore and I thought that perhaps I had fucked my rotator cuff in my shoulder.

Once I explained that I was working through it and wasn't trying to take time off I just wanted it treated via physio or whatever else had to be done they approved the claim pretty quickly but again scolded me for taking so long to file it. To be honest I thought it was kind of dumb because here I am trying to save them and my employer money but I'm the bad guy for not claiming an injury right away. My shoulder still isn't 100% but it's better then it was.

In short, ya that seems like a long time and something is going on there. I think it took me a week and a half before they started paying for treatment.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 07-02-2009 at 11:49 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
RS Veteran

have you called them to ask what's going on with it?
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #4

i called and bitched last monday and the lady on the phone basically told me to fuck off.

i told them, i make only $50 a day and i am only part time. physio cost me $50 twice a week. basically i am working to pay for my treatments.

they said they can't do anything before i submit all the paperwork. so i replied, so what else do they need and they said some kind of questionaire, which was 17 pages long!

i faxed and mailed it in last friday. the case manager said it's going to take about a week to process... god damn those people are fucking so slow.

so if they approve my claim, they will continue to pay for my treatments until i am fully recovered right? or is there a bullshit recovery time limit like 3 months or something?

so far, i have paid like $50x13 treatments. i don't even make that for my biweekly paycheque!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:41 PM   #5

I think it's 3 months at first, if you need longer you have to talk to them and they'll evaluate it at that point.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #6

they have basically fucked me over by declining my claim.

I have a strained tendon/trigger finger condition on my right index finger because of the force of excessive stamping that requires at work.

the "WCB medical advisor" and the case manager basically looked up any online journal articles that states "trigger finger is not work related" and quoted those...

of course, i have looked at them as well since they are all over the internet. they have hide the fact that it mainly occurs with WOMEN who are 40-50 years old and the fingers are MIDDLE and RING finger.

i'm so choked cuz i have to fork out $600 and on going worth of physio.

what can my employer do in this case? because they can say, well, too bad. if WCB say it's not work related... then tough luck.

fucking assholes working there. case manager = Chris MacDonald
Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
RS Veteran

appeal
Old 07-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #8

the problem is... i won't be working there anymore in a couple of weeks when school starts.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #9

The employer can't really do anything to help you like said above appeal to WCB. I'm actually surprised they denied you, there are people who work for us that make BS claims and they never get denied. You not working there anymore really has no bearing on it at all, it's all about when you were injured.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #10

i think it's the cas emanager's problem. a customer of mine got the same WCB case manager and she got declined as well.

it's like i have to prove that my finger is falling off when i use the fucking stamp. then again, using a bank teller stamp and messing up my tendon and nerves is a rare case that i have never heard of... sigh.

i actually filed a complaint on him because he has not respond to my calls for a few days and was not helpful at all. but to no surprise, WCB does not take this seriously and basically tells me to fuck off again.

it says that i am eligible to have the decision reviewed. maybe i will do that if it's not a hassle.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #11
RS Veteran

did you complain to the case manager's manager or the complaints department?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #12

complaints department.

and one of the complaints department manager called me at 8am in the morning saying like ohh.. we tried to reach him and made an urgent note on your account, he might be busy blah blah blah. and i told them that for him to ignore me for 4 days is not acceptable when he promised the claim will be decided on wednesday. (i called starting tues and didn't get a call back until friday)

after talking to the complaints manager, he called me 30 mins later telling me the bullshit above.

i don't have a wcb family chart, so i don't know who is manager is. but judging from how WCB operates, they don't really care about their clients.

i am going to see my family doctor on monday. i will see what she says about my condition and what i should do. the doctor that i went to in May was a walk-in clinic near school.

then again, it's pretty hard to believe that using a teller stamp can mess up my nerves and shit. but i have been doing it for 4 years.. i guess long term damage is harder to see.

fuck. i'm glad i don't need to be a bank teller anymore when i start grad school.