REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Stinky Feet (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581401-stinky-feet.html)

FI-Z33 05-17-2012 04:33 PM

um...this may seem gross or absurd....but i've been told that the old army trick .."pee" helps (for instance, urinate on your feet while you shower)

there's some anti-fungal chemical (urea) in your urine urine which gets rid of odor creating bacteria and fungi or somethn

LiquidTurbo 05-17-2012 05:53 PM

Merino Wool Socks

i-VTEC 05-17-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekDragon (Post 6541765)
My solution now is to have several pairs of shoes/boots. Rotate when once set tends to get close to ripe. Doing so allows my feet to not stink up a room like no one's business.

+1 on this.

Jayboogz 05-17-2012 06:17 PM

Dry fit socks man.. Its a lot more expensive then your regular socks but dam does it feel killer. And have you ever tried geox shoes? The type of shoes that allow air to flow through from the bottom of the shoe

CP.AR 05-17-2012 09:53 PM

put a sheet of bounce in your shoes when you aren't wearing them.
that and don't buy cheap socks - get the more expensive breathable sport socks from nike or whatever...
helped me!

tdeweyn 05-17-2012 11:35 PM

Is the stinky feet developing fungus? Cause I know as feet stay sweaty and stuck in a sock. It's easy to develop fungus.

I will further update on this tomorrow (:

G-spec 05-17-2012 11:41 PM

try those gold bond foot powder type of things, my other friends tell me it works....

I would actually love to have this problem of stinky feet as opposed to the one I am born with... that is my feet never get enough circulation so are always cold, they could be sweating but they will remain cold.... when I go to bed at night they are ICE cold...

can play sports for hours though, sweat it up bigtime and literally take my wet sock to my nose, smell and it will literally smell like nothing at all, absolutely nothing.... I'm lucky and cursed at the same time, lol

spideyv2 05-17-2012 11:55 PM

probably shouldn't have clicked on this thread while I was eating

November 05-18-2012 06:13 AM

Apparently the average person sweats about a half litre from our feet every day (up to a litre for some people).

I'd recommend the following:

- Wash your feet as often as you can (several times a day)
- Let your shoes dry out outside
- Never wear the same shoes twice in a row so they can dry out
- Change Up the insoles
- Soak your feet in a vingar/water solution
- Carry extra cotton socks
- If your shoes smell, it might be best to just throw them away and get a new pair because it will make your feet smell every time you wear them
- Terry cloth washable insoles (I think Aldo carries them)

Its quite normal for feet to smell bad considering all the bacteria that our sweat produces.

gc200 05-19-2012 02:17 PM

soak your feet everyday before bed for 15mins on warm water with salt but air dry it dont use towel or anything. do it for about a week or so.