REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Stinky Feet (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581401-stinky-feet.html)

Berzerker 07-03-2009 09:55 PM

Stinky Feet

Well with summer times comes heat and that means sweaty stinky feet. I hate it... I go through 2 pairs of socks a day right now. If I am away from the house for more than a few hours and then go to someones house I can't take my shoes off for fear of the stench. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried a couple different pairs of shoes but they go from bad to worse depending on the shoe. Is there a way to prevent foot persperation? My socks are litterally wet when I take them off after a day. I'm not a very sweaty person on average though and I don't perspire like a lot of guys you see. Seems just my feet have trouble not getting sweaty.

Berz out.

albert116 07-03-2009 10:26 PM

have you tried different socks?

my feet gets sweaty sometimes in the summer too (or sometimes during winter for that matter). I find that my feet tend to sweat more when i wear a certain sock (i guess it has to do with the material that sock is made of). I try to get 100% cotton socks now...also i picked up some nike dri-fit socks at Winners the other day, they are pretty good..

hal0g0dv2 07-04-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6493171)
Well with summer times comes heat and that means sweaty stinky feet. I hate it... I go through 2 pairs of socks a day right now. If I am away from the house for more than a few hours and then go to someones house I can't take my shoes off for fear of the stench. Anyone else have this problem? I have tried a couple different pairs of shoes but they go from bad to worse depending on the shoe. Is there a way to prevent foot persperation? My socks are litterally wet when I take them off after a day. I'm not a very sweaty person on average though and I don't perspire like a lot of guys you see. Seems just my feet have trouble not getting sweaty.

Berz out.

yeah dude i have the same problem
my feet fucking sweat hella
someone once told me to put your feet in earl Grey tea bags like a tub of it
this might me a wise tale

twitchyzero 07-04-2009 04:54 PM

wear sandles
unless you're going to work..bring extra socks

skyxx 07-04-2009 04:57 PM

Bring extra socks, go do a pedicure or spray some antibacterial spray in the shoes....

Ikkaku 07-04-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6494073)
yeah dude i have the same problem
my feet fucking sweat hella
someone once told me to put your feet in earl Grey tea bags like a tub of it
this might me a wise tale

I always thought it was just to put the tea bags into your shoes so they absorb the odour? Never knew about putting your foot into a pile of the tea bags.

Amuse 07-04-2009 09:06 PM

Doesn't matter if you wear new socks, it will still stink
You need to wash them then put new socks on.
Try using socks that dont have polyester in them

albert116 07-04-2009 09:09 PM

^

agreed.

100% cotton socks is better than socks with polyester

monkeywrench 07-04-2009 11:25 PM

some say they dip their feet in vinegar (not the cooking ones i think) which eventually makes your feet stop sweating that much

and also if your shoes tend to leave a bad stench, get a bag of indoor charcoal deodorant and place it in your shoes, it absorbs all that smell

InvisibleSoul 07-05-2009 01:00 AM

It's weird... I usually don't have smelly feet... but for awhile a year or two ago, my feet started to smell... but then after a couple months, it kind of just went away again. I'm even still wearing the same shoes now as during the period when it stunk.

The reason why feet smell isn't solely because of sweat, it's because there's bacteria. Of course, sweat makes the bacteria worse.

I was thinking that if it's bacteria that's the problem, why don't I use anti-bacterial hand sanitizers?

And you know what? It worked GREAT. It seemed to kill most of the bacteria, and instantly reduce the smell significantly.

Try it...

TekDragon 07-05-2009 10:30 AM

Baby or talcum powder. Little puff into socks and shoes, absorbs sweat, keeps smell at bay. Not a permanent fix, but it will help.

SiR001 07-05-2009 10:36 AM

smelly shoes/feet -- in-sole of the shoe doesn't dry out in time, thus causing smelly shoes...on top of feet that aren't totally clean.

some solutions, clean out the insoles thouroughly with good strong detergent, wash your feet with a brush and soap and good clean socks

E=mc˛ 07-16-2009 07:44 PM

^
That may be true and all, but the OP's situation may not be as simple as that. How often are you able to *smell* someone's feet when they have their shoes off? For instance, at the school library people do it all the time, on long flights I've done it to be comfortable, my family does it. Tons of people do it, it's rarely a problem for the average person.

The only problem is when it's *excessive* like in the OP's case. This is more the exception than the norm. It sucks and I'm sure most of these solutions will help a little, but 3 hours in the sun will spoil everything. I think the OP should try a product like Drysol. I've heard about it being a really strong anti-perpsirant (read a thread about that on here some time ago). It should be effective.

Of course, continue to do things like changing your socks if needed, alternate shoes so you don't always where the same ones everyday, and shower every night with soap and all that.

Worst case, probably go see a podiatrist.

Drift_Monkey 07-30-2009 11:44 AM

Try some Nike Dri-Fit socks.

They are on sale at the Bay now. buy 2 and get one free.

Cheers

GLOW 07-31-2009 08:09 AM

say crash a buddy's house after playing some sport and i know i'm all sweaty and stuff, i just keep a can of tag or axe or whatever w/ me and just spray me down a bit. i'll still be sweaty and all, but at least i wont stink my buddy's place up

just spray your legs/feet a little to cover the smell. that's what i do...i guess i could just ask to use buddy's shower, but i dont like using other ppl's shower.

6793026 07-31-2009 03:00 PM

there are a few solutions.
1) get new socks. if your socks are cotton or whatever cheap zeller type, they tend to hold the smell due to the sweat and smell
2) change your socks every day no matter what, but in your case, you're ok.
3) last resort, spray axe or whaever anti persprirant *lightly and it should work.

_inwonderland 08-10-2009 01:35 AM

You should try the tea suggestion. It's supposed to help close the pores in the feet. Just soak your feet in some orange pekoe tea (put tea bags in boiling water then pour in some cool water).

Grandmaster TSE 08-10-2009 09:49 AM

soaking your feet in tea does help a lot

DavidNguyen 08-10-2009 04:42 PM

i saw this on oprah.
make a big bowl of jello. refridgerate. and then put your feet in the jello.
apparantly, the toxins in the jello will kill the odour and sweat.

Nocardia 08-10-2009 10:10 PM

surprisingly, people with hyperhydrosis generally sweat from their feet more than their armpits. A swipe of anti-perspirant on your foot may work wonders.

CAR

TekDragon 08-10-2009 11:14 PM

My solution now is to have several pairs of shoes/boots. Rotate when once set tends to get close to ripe. Doing so allows my feet to not stink up a room like no one's business.

guten 08-11-2009 02:40 AM

get the gold bond stuff that prevents sweating.

ur-lil-sw33tie 09-10-2009 12:26 PM

there is a foot antiperspirant out there! i googled it for u! it's called "the ugly little bottle". try it out! might work for u!

hal0g0dv2 09-10-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biohazard (Post 6541658)
surprisingly, people with hyperhydrosis generally sweat from their feet more than their armpits. A swipe of anti-perspirant on your foot may work wonders.

CAR

o shit never thought of that

Bonjour 05-17-2012 03:14 PM

I was sitting on the bus where it goes to the second level and this old Chinese lady sat in front of me and she kept looking around all uncomfortable because of the smell. I felt really bad about it.