REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #2576
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
What kind of spray do you guys use to protect suede shoes ?
Advertisement
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #2577
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

thanks guys.. i guess that makes sense

Common Projects Black Original Rec Sneakers for men | SSENSE

stumbled upon these and i think i want these more than the achilles

EDIT: looking at the achilles more, i like them both. they are so simple yet so nice.. god damn!

anywhere local i can try these? i am not in a rush so i can wait for a sale i guess

Last edited by Calbeee; 11-14-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #2578
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

check roden gray or gravity pope
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #2579
My homepage has been set to RS

the stuff at Roden Gray is so pricy and last time i checked out Haven, they only had like a few shirts for sale LOL. I dunno how they can still survive....(rent wise)
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #2580
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
the stuff at Roden Gray is so pricy and last time i checked out Haven, they only had like a few shirts for sale LOL. I dunno how they can still survive....(rent wise)
I'd assume that they make mad dough off their online store. It's one of only a handful of places where you can buy those brands in North America.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #2581
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone know if Jcrew online allows returns to their vancouver store? getting mixed answers.
JayEch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #2582
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
^
Were they on sale?
Nah its just that TBS charges in euro... so it costs only 290$ or so to get it shipped to van... =/ And they also mark down prices so u dont get taxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbeee View Post
anywhere local i can try these? i am not in a rush so i can wait for a sale i guess
Roden doesn't carry CP anymore, from what I know, only Gravity Pope has em.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #2583

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post
Nah its just that TBS charges in euro... so it costs only 290$ or so to get it shipped to van... =/ And they also mark down prices so u dont get taxed

Roden doesn't carry CP anymore, from what I know, only Gravity Pope has em.
man i hate you, shouldnt of looked on this section! now i really want a pair.. i dont know what it is with them. im so inlove with the achilles. i want the winter premium one.

i usually wear an 8 but from what i see online your supposed to size down? seems hard to find a 7
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #2584
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEch View Post
Anyone know if Jcrew online allows returns to their vancouver store? getting mixed answers.
just call the store?
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #2585

Quote:
man i hate you, shouldnt of looked on this section! now i really want a pair.. i dont know what it is with them. im so inlove with the achilles. i want the winter premium one.

i usually wear an 8 but from what i see online your supposed to size down? seems hard to find a 7
HAHHA I convinced another frd to get a pair too. They are simply some of the most amazing sneakers in quality and in style. I love the minimalist, simple aesthetics.

The premium is very nice, I had f/w2011's premium, and the leather was thick! I ended up selling it because I wanted a much slimmer pair, but damn that shit is nice.

Yeah, most ppl recommend sizing down as they run large. If you have wings + horns shoes, you can always use that as a measurement since they use the same sole and are made in the same factory.

TresBienShop (they mark down prices to help you avoid duties/customs) and Mr.Porter (shipped to pt. roberts) are probably the cheapest right now... TBS works out to be ~290-300 a pair shipped. That or you find it off forums (styleforum.net or superfuture.com)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #2586

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
What kind of spray do you guys use to protect suede shoes ?
Tana.com | Style 16® - Universal Shoe Care Products

Used that. It's aights. Then again I wear my suede DB's hard and don't care if they get dirtied

Sorry for double post
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #2587

Quote:
HAHHA I convinced another frd to get a pair too. They are simply some of the most amazing sneakers in quality and in style. I love the minimalist, simple aesthetics.

The premium is very nice, I had f/w2011's premium, and the leather was thick! I ended up selling it because I wanted a much slimmer pair, but damn that shit is nice.

Yeah, most ppl recommend sizing down as they run large. If you have wings + horns shoes, you can always use that as a measurement since they use the same sole and are made in the same factory.

TresBienShop (they mark down prices to help you avoid duties/customs) and Mr.Porter (shipped to pt. roberts) are probably the cheapest right now... TBS works out to be ~290-300 a pair shipped. That or you find it off forums (styleforum.net or superfuture.com)
im thinking i need a 7.. i tried my friend's pair, i think its a 9 and it seemed hella big! does the size differ from the winter premiums and the classic achilles?

gonna call gravity pope on weds and see if they have any. revolve has them at around 290 with the 30% off. wonder if i can price beat and use the 30% haha! (asianstyle)

but ya... after trying them, i NEED them.

Quote:
Tana.com | Style 16® - Universal Shoe Care Products

Used that. It's aights. Then again I wear my suede DB's hard and don't care if they get dirtied

Sorry for double post
man i hate that stuff... forced to sell them at work.. they get the job done i guess
Old 11-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #2588
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEch View Post
Maybe you should have read their website.

return or exchange an item to our retail stores

For your convenience, J. Crew phone, Internet and retail store purchases may be returned to any J.Crew retail store for refund or exchange in accordance with this policy. J.Crew Factory stores can only accept returns of J.Crew Factory items that were purchased online or at a J.Crew Factory location. Unfortunately, J.Crew phone and Internet purchases cannot be returned to J.Crew retail store locations in Canada. J.Crew phone and Internet purchases shipped internationally (outside of Canada and Japan) may not be returned to any retail location. Monogrammed, personalized or final sale items cannot be returned or exchanged.

Link: Help-Returns and Exchanges

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #2589

Quote:
im thinking i need a 7.. i tried my friend's pair, i think its a 9 and it seemed hella big! does the size differ from the winter premiums and the classic achilles?

gonna call gravity pope on weds and see if they have any. revolve has them at around 290 with the 30% off. wonder if i can price beat and use the 30% haha! (asianstyle)
30% off doesnt apply to CP's. In fact the 10 or 15% off discount (TULIP) doesn't work on CP's either. The brand is amongst their list of restricted brands.

Quote:
NOTICE: Unfortunately, due to manufacturer restrictions, your coupon is not valid on the following brands: .... Common Projects. Your coupon has NOT been applied to brands in this list, but has been applied to all other items.
Cheapest way I've found is through TBS which sells it at ~15-30% cheaper due to -20% VAT + low euro.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #2590

Quote:
30% off doesnt apply to CP's. In fact the 10 or 15% off discount (TULIP) doesn't work on CP's either. The brand is amongst their list of restricted brands.

Cheapest way I've found is through TBS which sells it at ~15-30% cheaper due to -20% VAT + low euro.
ahhh damn.! so at TBS its ~15-30% lower than the price they marked?

seems impossible to get a 7. will see if gravity pope has an 8 so i can try
Old 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #2591
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

For those of you who order online, and have it shipped to Pt. Roberts. Do you declare the items? I mean you could pretty much wear your newly acquired clothing and just say you were there to get gas, right? Of course, you would have to throw away any tags or receipts.
LaidbacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidbacK View Post
For those of you who order online, and have it shipped to Pt. Roberts. Do you declare the items? I mean you could pretty much wear your newly acquired clothing and just say you were there to get gas, right? Of course, you would have to throw away any tags or receipts.
Unless your pieces of clothing are like 1000++ I really don't see the point. I personally have never been taxed on anything under 600 dollars. Only thing I ever brought over where I had to pay tax were wheels and coilovers...

I really don't think its worth the trouble. If they bust you, its not fun at all.

Last time I went over there a girl wore her new chanel shoes but wouldn't throw away the box so she it looks like she got pretty screwed over for not declaring that..

@zetazeta: i really want the shoes, but should i be waiting for sale time? when would it be?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #2593
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
i declare them; when its a female border guard they've just let me through; when its a male he'll ask for receipts/ask me to go inside

but normally i just have them shipped straight to my home instead of going through the hassle of crossing the border
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #2594

Quote:
@zetazeta: i really want the shoes, but should i be waiting for sale time? when would it be?
Quote:
CP's run big, so you buy one size smaller. Eg: I wear size 9 normally and for CP's i have to wear a 41 (size 8). I have seen them on sale and I have gotten a pair of premiums for half price (at Roden Gray when they carried them). I heard Mr. Porter and Yoox have had discounts in the past for CP's, definitely worth taking a look.

TBS charges in Euro and the prices listed there include a 20% VAT (tax for europeans), so when you checkout its going to be -20%. That and the euro is only 1.27x of CDN means its a lot cheaper. I can get a pair of normal achilles shipped here for only 290-310$ whereas Mr. Porter charges $350 and Gravity Pope $450.

Quote:
I always declare items. Not worth getting busted and checked everytime I cross the border for a few dollars. They don't bother with cheap purchases, in fact the guy was like 'you drove all the way here for that?! [$150 item]' of which I replied that the seller only shipped to the States.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #2595
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:

-20% for non-EU customers and you save on the conversion from euro -> cad.

Also, the code WINTERDEAL gets you an additional 15% off, as I previously mentioned. TBS is pretty great.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #2596

i guess i am a bit late, the 8 is gone! i have to try for size at gravitypope tomorrow anyways..

when i put in the code the grand total turned to FREE, haha!

you guys know if the winter premium and achilles low fit any differently, or are they exactly the same?

EDIT: i think its just a bug with the sizes not showing up. anyways, can not get the WINTERDEAL code to go through

Last edited by Calbeee; 11-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #2597

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
-20% for non-EU customers and you save on the conversion from euro -> cad.

Also, the code WINTERDEAL gets you an additional 15% off, as I previously mentioned. TBS is pretty great.
HOly fuck thanks bro. Copped a pair. Heads up: if you purchase 150euro + item from TBS, you get a free Our Legacy scarf. Just add it to your cart and it'll be discounted at purchase.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #2598

Quote:
HOly fuck thanks bro. Copped a pair. Heads up: if you purchase 150euro + item from TBS, you get a free Our Legacy scarf. Just add it to your cart and it'll be discounted at purchase.
think i am out of luck ! usually i wear 8s so i am guessing i need a 7 which seems impossible to find
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #2599

Quote:
think i am out of luck ! usually i wear 8s so i am guessing i need a 7 which seems impossible to find
a 40 isn't too hard to find. Mr. Porter and Ebay often have it

And you have to use firefox to get the WINTERDEAL to go through... doesn't work on chrome (at least for me)

Edit: you might get dutied up the ass, but try this http://www.novoidplus.com/shop/commo...ml?language=en

Bought:

Scarf was for free O.o

Last edited by zetazeta; 11-19-2012 at 06:35 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #2600

yea chrome doesn't work for me too! i guess I will try sizes at gravity pope first and decide. great that at least one retailer is selling the 40s but not that fond of getting dutied up the ass :P