REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   LOST CONFIDENCE IN ACURA DEALERSHIP...please recommend a mechanic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581576-lost-confidence-acura-dealership-please-recommend-mechanic.html)

db0006 07-05-2009 06:22 PM

LOST CONFIDENCE IN ACURA DEALERSHIP...please recommend a mechanic

Hey Everyone,

So about a week ago I had my third gear synco replaced in my 05 rsx type s. The work was done at Acura Victoria and covered under the 5 year major warrenty.

When I picked up the car, third gear was fixed but the car vibrated. I took the car back right away and they took a second look. The guy at Acura went for a drive and told me he didn't notice anything but would still take a look. After leaving it there for a day, they said they "tightened" everything up and told me it should be better.

I've now been driving the car for the past couple days and the car feels much better than it did when I first noticed the vibrating but the car still feels more rough than it did before. How does a dealership forget to "tighten" things up after rehauling the transmission?

Althought the vibration is not significant, I bought the car (about a month ago) because it felt as though it were brand new.

I've lost confidence in Acura and would like to fnd a top rated mechanic to take a look and inspect all the bolts/mounts that were touched during the rehaul.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic (in Victoria) with an excellent reputation that understands people who are passionate about their cars?

Thanks in advance!

mspeedP5 07-05-2009 06:32 PM

Take it to Z e n s p o r t.

Y2K_o__o 07-21-2009 05:43 PM

Why don't you take it back to the dealership?

It's their job to fix everything for you.

I wouldn't suggest you bring it to other shop to fix it because if something fails further down the road, the dealership could blame you blah blah blah.....

Puck Luck 07-21-2009 09:05 PM

i think you're taking the word "tighten" too literally. Could have meant re-torquing, like re-torquing engine mounts. ie: loosening the engine/trans mounts, letting the engine/trans sit neutrally, then tightening the bolts.
Just because i work a dealership, doesn't mean i'm standing up for that dealer. But rather, techs in general. We're only human, we forget the occasional thing here and there.
Even if they did happen to forget to tighten something, it could've happen to anyone at any garage.
And i'm with Y2k on this one. Let them fix their mistakes.

godwin 07-23-2009 01:53 AM

Sounds like you lost confidence in the DEALERSHIP instead of the marque.

Fay_lo 08-24-2009 09:09 AM

anyone can forget to tighten something.. the important thing is that they corrected their problem rite??

benwang 08-24-2009 09:37 AM

acura dealership dont mean they can fix any acura or honda right.
my friend overhaul (new gaskets, seals...) his type r engine in winnipeg acura dealership and it burns oil in few months.
i wouldnt trust these fuckers just because they are "acura mechanic"