REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Replacement for HTC Titan (Telus P4000)?

Well, my Titan (Telus P4000) went for a swim last night and is now dead. Telus no longer carries this model, but is offering me a $300 credit toward a new phone.

I've been fairly happy with my P4000, so I wouldn't mind a similar replacement... but the only HTC models they carry now are the Touch, Touch Diamond, and Touch Pro. Of those, only the Pro has the slide-out QWERTY keyboard, but it lists for $650 ($350 after my credit). The Diamond lists at $299 (free with my credit), and the original Touch at $399.

So here's my question to the group: any thoughts on these other phones and whether I'll find them a "suitable" replacement? I can look at the specs, but those won't tell me how well any of them are going to compare functionally with the Titan (like, if they have sh*tty graphics acceleration, lousy bluetooth support, or no internal GPS).

The hardware keyboard would be ideal, but I can survive without it if necessary. The only other two features I'm concerned about are the "real" GPS, and a spot for my 8GB SD card (according to Telus, the Diamond doesn't have a card slot, but does have 4GB of onboard memory).

And of course, the ability to upgrade the ROM with something like dcd's fantastic Titan ROMs is highly desirable - is there lots of development being done for these other three phones?

TIA for any and all input.

Oh yeah, they have the Samsung "Omnia" as well, looks pretty nice - really big screen, really thin. No hard keyboard tho. That'll run me about $200 after my credit.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 07-06-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I have the Touch Diamond, it's an alright phone. There's definitely custom ROMs for it (I have MightyROM 4 on mine) that makes it better.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

IMO, trying to type on winmo without a physical keyboard is painful. Stick with a qwerty phone.
Eclypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Wait two more weeks for the HTC Touch Pro 2.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote