REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   Where to buy B series parts? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/581871-where-buy-b-series-parts.html)

Mephology 07-08-2009 05:20 AM

Where to buy B series parts?

Yo. I'm trying to put together a turbo kit for my b20. Where do you guys recommend? Which online stores and local shops? I've got a general idea of where I'm going. Just wanted to know of any other places before I drop 5 G's. Thanks.

bcrdukes 07-08-2009 06:00 AM

You can try one of the RS Sponsors - A&J Racing.

Y2K_o__o 07-08-2009 10:15 AM

Are you planning to sleeve your block?
B20 stock sleeve is too weak for boost.
You're better off with B20vtec
I am sure you can rebuild a reliable, fast B20 VTEC for 5 Gs

anyways, back to your question
please indicate where you want the power over the band?
this is pretty important choosing the size of turbo

!SG 07-08-2009 12:22 PM

B series, just about every shop out there. almost all shops will carry some form of honda parts as most of the aftermarket industry is still dominated by honda applications.

brine04 07-08-2009 06:03 PM

If you're looking to minimize searching around for parts then one of the best 'kits' for the money is Peakboost's. If you are looking for some very nice custom fab you should check out www.automotive.passengerindustries.com/ Dave has a shop in Abbotsford and his work is unbeatable.

Mephology 07-08-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2K_o__o (Post 6499395)

I understand you're tryin to help me out.. There's just too many things wrong here.

90civichatch 10-15-2009 01:19 AM

PM Angus

Super Dipper 10-15-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2K_o__o (Post 6499395)

what are you going on about?

a b20 isnt good for boost, but a b20vtec is? where is your logic there? vtec heads dont allow you to magically rev a motor farther up the rev range to make it any more safer.

to the OP: B20's will take boost just fine. Make sure whoever tunes it does a good job and is knows their limit and the limit of the motor and you will be fine.

We had a couple of B20 bottom ends stock blocks take over 300whp without issue and they were just fine for daily driving so im not entirely sure what Y2K is talking about.

If you dont want to tear the bottom end down for any upgrades, throw in a set of ARP studs with a new OEM head gasket (stay away from cometic, they leak) torque those suckers down, install your turbo kit and off to pounding the pavement you go.

If you want a entry level setup, and if you dont necesarily want to buy a "kit" PM me, i have a ram horn manifold, T3/T4 turbo, 38mm tial, intercooler, charge pipes, downpipe, bov and injectors that came out of crx that made solid power with the setup. if you have a different chassis, most of the stuff will work, just have to rearrange some of the charge pipes and intercooler mounts.

good luck with your project. :thumbsup: