REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

here's how to do it with pics

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SSIIAFHID.html

/thread
Advertisement
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
here's how to do it with pics

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SSIIAFHID.html

/thread
Very nicely done.

It's still illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

just buy my car instead (seriously im selling it lol)
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #29
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
It shouldn't be like that. Kelvin (the 'k') is the measure of the colour temperature. If you're buying a bulb marked for a certain rating, and it's wrong... well... you're probably buying shit to begin with.

Here's a chart from ClubRSX: http://forums.clubrsx.com/archive//t-252874.html
trust me i dealt enough HID in the past for me to say this

for example, Brighstar, phlips, Js, N-motion brand, macloud (spelling) 6000k for example will all look different, one way or the other
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsdeman View Post
Who cares, if u are in a lowerd car u cant c shit ne way with all the trucks and rovers on the road. I find stock bmw hid worse than most aftermarket ones out there.
Can we get your post in a version that makes sense?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #31
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Very nicely done.

It's still illegal.
are you a fucking cop?(if you are I hate you)
do you drive over 50km?
Do you suck dick?
Do you drive when your tired and sleepy?
DO you stop fully at a stop sign EVERYTIME?

Shut the fuck up you peice of shit.

The law is flawed anyways, it's like the bible, you can never live to it's standard.

BTW to everyone who says "why do you need HID's etc"
So you can FUCKING SEE BETTER.
I had 6000K's in my integra(projectors)but one ballast was messed
So i switched out to regular halogens and when I drive at night
I can't see SHIT.

Last edited by SpoonFit; 07-13-2009 at 02:18 PM.
SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:16 PM   #32
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Wow why are people so fuckin concerned about HIDS man ok so what if its bright u drive by them and u never see it again... worry about the idios that drive with their highbeams on for no reason or richmond drivers. Why doesnt anyone start arguements over Stock HIDS on TL's, S2K's and many more, their HIDS are so much brighter then aftermarket, maybe they should remove them and not BLIND EVERYONE ELSE. This is dumb let ppl do what they want... I fucking saw a Acura Legend the other day with HIDS powered by the sun and BLUE LEDS on top looked like a fuckin transformer, doesnt mean ima chase him down and tell him to fuck off and take that shit off because of how ILLEGAL it is.

PS. CUNTBO1 unless u drive a carolla thats perfectly stock dont fucking tell me what i already know, and keep ur dumb opinions about our ricey cars to ur self hot shot.
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #33
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Can we get your post in a version that makes sense?

And BMW HIDs are quite nice just because they don't blind as badly as benz's doesn't mean they aren't as good
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
Wow why are people so fuckin concerned about HIDS man ok so what if its bright u drive by them and u never see it again... worry about the idios that drive with their highbeams on for no reason or richmond drivers. Why doesnt anyone start arguements over Stock HIDS on TL's, S2K's and many more, their HIDS are so much brighter then aftermarket, maybe they should remove them and not BLIND EVERYONE ELSE. This is dumb let ppl do what they want... I fucking saw a Acura Legend the other day with HIDS powered by the sun and BLUE LEDS on top looked like a fuckin transformer, doesnt mean ima chase him down and tell him to fuck off and take that shit off because of how ILLEGAL it is.

PS. CUNTBO1 unless u drive a carolla thats perfectly stock dont fucking tell me what i already know, and keep ur dumb opinions about our ricey cars to ur self hot shot.
I don't care how illegal your car is, pnp hid kits in reflector housing is plain annoying and dangerous. The glare is so bad I can't see any of the on coming traffic.
EmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #35
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonFit View Post
do you drive over 50km?
Do you suck dick?

The law is flawed anyways, it's like the bible, you can never live to it's standard.

I can't see SHIT.
calm down e-thug
Krome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
do you drive over 50km?
Do you suck dick?

I can't see SHIT.
In that case why don't we all go around murdering people, dealing drugs, raping women, soliciting sex, driving on sidewalks, running red lights, running away from police, and not pay tax? Grow up.

If you can't see anything, you should get your eyes checked out because you probably have bad night vision. A family member of mine suffers from this, and you know what? They did the responsible thing by getting corrective glasses and treatment, instead of getting brighter lights and blinding oncoming traffic. Yes you see better, but you make everyone else miserable and its very dangerous if you don't have projectors.

Unlike the bible where you can choose to accept it or not; if you don't like the laws here then get the fuck out of the country and pay for your own medical expenses and education. Please don't produce any offspring, because the world needs less people like YOU.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #37
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
do you drive over 50km?
Do you suck dick?

I can't see SHIT.
Perhaps you missed the point in context of the original post.

The OP is beating his head against the wall trying to make his illegal mod work.

This seems rather pointless given the fact that no matter how pretty a job he does, how much time, money and effort he puts into it, or how much he beats himself up over it, it will still be illegal, and if a cop catches him and decides to enforce the law, he'll be forced to take the car off the road (or may have it taken for him) and it won't be allowed back on the road until the lighting is returned to stock.

It makes about as much sense as building a house in the middle of a railway crossing - no matter how much work you put into it, eventually a train WILL take it out, and you've wasted all that effort.

If I saw you building a house in the middle of the tracks, would you go off on me like that if I pointed out there was a train coming? I doubt it. So why get all wigged out when people point out the folly of this self-defeating course of action?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #38
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsdeman View Post
I hate you cos you're a fucking prick! How boring must you're life be. Live a little.

HAHAHA, you make me laugh typing with your grubby hands behind a keyboard.
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post

Because you stupid dumb fucking ape, those cars, (TSX, S2000's and other cars with that type of setup) have headlight housings designed and DOt'ed for 4300k HID systems. Fucking useless and clueless ricer, right here folks. Fucking guys like you make me laugh and shake my head at the same time. I hope you get your license confiscated too. Loser. Learn grammar too. What the hell is a Carolla?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #40
F**K YOUR HEAD

Adam carolla? The guy who was gonna do top gear usa?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochevy View Post
just buy my car instead (seriously im selling it lol)
What ya got?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Adam carolla? The guy who was gonna do top gear usa?
That guy sucks.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizz View Post
In that case why don't we all go around murdering people, dealing drugs, raping women, soliciting sex, driving on sidewalks, running red lights, running away from police, and not pay tax? Grow up.

If you can't see anything, you should get your eyes checked out because you probably have bad night vision. A family member of mine suffers from this, and you know what? They did the responsible thing by getting corrective glasses and treatment, instead of getting brighter lights and blinding oncoming traffic. Yes you see better, but you make everyone else miserable and its very dangerous if you don't have projectors.

Unlike the bible where you can choose to accept it or not; if you don't like the laws here then get the fuck out of the country and pay for your own medical expenses and education. Please don't produce any offspring, because the world needs less people like YOU.
When did I say anything about murdering people, raping women etc? were simply talking about a stupid HID setup. You're just IMPLYING and blowing things WAY OUT OF PORPORTION you fucking cunt.

And what are you trying to say? If there is no law in all the above people would do it? You don't seem like a stupid guy but I hope you know people murdering, rapeing etc is not the charactersistics of a normal human being and whoever those people are are, have a phycological problem.

And im telling you now I don't have bad vision at all. Going from HID's to no HID's you realize how bad halogen bulbs are is ALL im saying.
And now why would anyone want to downgrade, just a thought. And HID glare is just a general conception, if you point it down a little it's fine.

And im not going to argue with you with the rest but I hope you know the government isn't all that "clean" so keep on thinking what your thinking.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #44
F**K YOUR HEAD

^that's true, just because I jay walk sometimes doesn't mean I'll kill someone.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Perhaps you missed the point in context of the original post.

The OP is beating his head against the wall trying to make his illegal mod work.

This seems rather pointless given the fact that no matter how pretty a job he does, how much time, money and effort he puts into it, or how much he beats himself up over it, it will still be illegal, and if a cop catches him and decides to enforce the law, he'll be forced to take the car off the road (or may have it taken for him) and it won't be allowed back on the road until the lighting is returned to stock.

It makes about as much sense as building a house in the middle of a railway crossing - no matter how much work you put into it, eventually a train WILL take it out, and you've wasted all that effort.

If I saw you building a house in the middle of the tracks, would you go off on me like that if I pointed out there was a train coming? I doubt it. So why get all wigged out when people point out the folly of this self-defeating course of action?
I understand what your saying, makes sense.
However, I think everyone on revscene knows that HID CAN be considered illegal. He just asked a simple question on fitment. But everyone started saying irrelevent things.

I didn't mean to go off on you I apologize.

Glare or not, it's his choice. It's not even BAD as everyone says it is. 50%(my own opinion) of cars on the road have PnP HID's and a lot of them have just reflectors so..I think some of you people just have run into someone with OVERKILL systems.

And personally it's not as bad as huge ass trucks on regular halogens, those are killers.
Or hell even stock X5's are killer too.

Last edited by SpoonFit; 07-13-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #46
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbo1 View Post
What ya got?
cobalt......oh and btw i have hid's and they don't blind any one at all ..just depends on the type of housing that ppl have etc not everyone has the same stuff
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

If you want that HID look without blinding people you might wanna look into LED headlight bulbs. Light projection isn't great but they look cool.
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #48
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
have you figured out how to mount it ?

if not, try this

Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #49
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
^ thx guys i got that problem figured out already and to the shit disturbers i guess technically speaking cause were all being technical and all about laws, eye sight, illegal mods to our cars or what not maybe you guys need to start wearing protective eye wear so your cornea (is that a grammer/spelling mistake?) doesnt burn while driving. Since every 3rd car in this city has some sort of HIDs, Bright Fogs or bright lighting in general.

Plus you got all those darn traffic lights giving our glare damnnn i guess you cant escape huh you guys did mention maybe getting out of the city maybe you should move the the woods and live under a rock how about that? No lights what so ever other then the stars at night but fuck surprize you got the sun in morning shitttt. What are you going to do????

Hahaha dont call me a pethetic ricer big guy you do realize your flaming on a forum trying to sound sophisticated about laws and proper doing when no one gives a shit and especially on HOW U TYPE, you blow it out so much that it seems i fucking robbed a bank THESE ARE GOD DAMN HID's relaxxx... Plus i totally agree with you about the risk im willing to take and if i get a VI then fuck i learned the hard way and all those other ppl will learn it the hard way too. Dont give me dumb advice and start pissing me off on a real question in regards to a problem that should be discussed here on this forum. Smarten the fuck up!

Last edited by -EuroRSN-; 07-13-2009 at 11:53 PM.
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:29 AM   #50
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Dude no mean to piss you off or anything but as you know many people HATE illegal HIDs for blinding them at night. I mean we've all experienced it have we not? Its damn annoying. Yeah okay we all speed over 50 and do things we shouldnt do but the thing is just because other ppl have HID's doesnt mean its okay that you get em too. If you really wanted a proper set up. Buy some true housings and do a retrofit, yeah its illegal still but atleast its a proper housing and will reduce alot of the blinding problems. It'll cost more in the long run but then we go on and on how your just playing with fire. The way you're treating the subject is pretty immature, swearing left right and centre. I mean you asked a forum how to install something illegal. Its like walking into a department store with a gun. You aren't going to be welcome. Especially a place like revscene where we try and show that were in cooperation with the law.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote