REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   RSX HID Fitment Problem (https://www.revscene.net/forums/582398-rsx-hid-fitment-problem.html)

-EuroRSN- 07-13-2009 12:20 AM

RSX HID Fitment Problem
 
Alright so today i purchased a 8000k HID kit from HID outlet and started thinking hmmm are these going to fit on my RSX?? since the original bulb uses x-clips and the hids have no housings what so ever i asked if these will actually fit. They definatly reasured me and what do u know they dont fuckin fit. There is no way to hold them in place so now im stumped. I researched the hell out of this problem and apperently you can buy these modified x-clips somewhere on the net or cut the original ones and stick the hid bulb through! I dont want to start any cutting so im wondering if anyone has expirience with this issue and how to solve or where i can buy these x-clips locally. Thx in advance!:thumbsup:

d1 07-13-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 6505401)
Alright so today i purchased a 8000k HID kit

:fuuuuu:

Soundy 07-13-2009 12:31 AM

You might want to take into account that those are illegal for road use in BC, before you expend any more energy on making them fit. If you get caught with them, you'll most likely get a fine and a VI notice, which means you'll have to take the car for inspection, and you'll have to put all the original lighting back in before it will pass.

Just something to think about before you beat your head against a wall over putting them in....

!Aznboi128 07-13-2009 12:52 AM

8k pnp hid kit + reflector housing = fail

please don't drive your car, IF you get a real projector (tsx, s2k) then it wont have any glare tho still illegal

but why 8000k? thats SO BLUE! you lose light output lumens and its BLUE!

reminds me of a Prelude I saw last night with purple HID at least 12,000k

-EuroRSN- 07-13-2009 01:03 AM

ok now how about someone answers my question plus i had 8000k on my teg and it definatly didnt look like it was powered by the sun

Eros250 07-13-2009 01:11 AM

well im not sure if you can get them locally, but yes you will need to modify your x clip to make it fit, or go online and buy the x clip. Go to clubrsx you will find more details. What i did was hack the original x clip, wasnt that hard as long as you have something to hold the clip like a vise.

-EuroRSN- 07-13-2009 01:25 AM

Did u just cut the back end piece with the 2 plugs and take out the center connection? thats exactly what i was thinking but its gonna be such a hack job

Leopold Stotch 07-13-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6505442)
8k pnp hid kit + reflector housing = fail

please don't drive your car, IF you get a real projector (tsx, s2k) then it wont have any glare tho still illegal

but why 8000k? thats SO BLUE! you lose light output lumens and its BLUE!

reminds me of a Prelude I saw last night with purple HID at least 12,000k

i must say when i had 8000k hids they had much better light output than the old halogens.

except when ti rained but halogens suck in the rain too

-EuroRSN- 07-13-2009 02:08 AM

^ i admit 8000k will look too bright with no projectors so im going to try and exchange them tomorrow or even refund it. They better give me refund cause they fucked me over saying it will 100% perfect fitment, fuck im so mad! Next time ima get PIAA's and save my self the headache.

JordanLee 07-13-2009 02:10 AM

Risking a VI is pretty scary dude. Didn't you say you got one last time for being too low in your teg and going through that VI sounded like a pain in the ass.

Side note: Did you call HID Outlet to ask them what they recmd?

-EuroRSN- 07-13-2009 02:57 AM

Ya that VI was a pain in the ass and i dont want to go throught it again but knock on wood i never got any concerns about HID's even tho mine were also 8000k. I talked to the HID outlet over Revscene but they just told me to come in and check it out personally but she couldnt really keep up a conversation hence why i got kinda got fucked over or misunderstood.

lexluthor09 07-13-2009 04:27 AM

Hundreds of people out there with aftermarket HID in reflector housings, lets not hate here guys. Everyone understands that this would warrant a VI but thats not what he asked about.

With that being said, Xclips online are only 30 bucks after shipping, so its not too bad ordering online for something like that.

Or you could take a hot hot saw blade and it'll cut a perfect line into your current X clip. Or you could just make your own xclip from pieces of plastic.

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-13-2009 08:31 AM

each brands HID looks different

certain brands 8000k looks like 6000k

yet some brands 6000k looks like 7000k and vice versa


6000k is ur best bet tho, in terms of looks and performance.


give hid outlet a call and see what they have to say on install regarding DC5

shenmecar 07-13-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznboi128 (Post 6505442)
8k pnp hid kit + reflector housing = fail

please don't drive your car, IF you get a real projector (tsx, s2k) then it wont have any glare tho still illegal

but why 8000k? thats SO BLUE! you lose light output lumens and its BLUE!

reminds me of a Prelude I saw last night with purple HID at least 12,000k

oh, i saw that prelude driving around 49th many times. Big fail to him.

There are so many RSX out there with HIDs with reflector housing. I'm not sure, but arent the JDM housing designed for HIDs? I've seen one on a RSX at night facing me and it was not glaring me in the face. The stock housing does have a lot of glare though.

Great68 07-13-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexluthor09 (Post 6505582)
Hundreds of people out there with aftermarket HID in reflector housings, lets not hate here guys.

Anyone who has been blinded at night by people running illegal HID setups has the right to hate all they want.

nns 07-13-2009 10:08 AM

4100K - 4300k is what OEM is. If you're going to go around blinding everybody, at least make it worthwhile for yourself. Use 4300K.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenmecar (Post 6505688)
There are so many RSX out there with HIDs with reflector housing. I'm not sure, but arent the JDM housing designed for HIDs? I've seen one on a RSX at night facing me and it was not glaring me in the face. The stock housing does have a lot of glare though.

JDM ITRs (DC5) have HID headlights.

jlenko 07-13-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN (Post 6505629)
each brands HID looks different

certain brands 8000k looks like 6000k

yet some brands 6000k looks like 7000k and vice versa


6000k is ur best bet tho, in terms of looks and performance.


give hid outlet a call and see what they have to say on install regarding DC5

It shouldn't be like that. Kelvin (the 'k') is the measure of the colour temperature. If you're buying a bulb marked for a certain rating, and it's wrong... well... you're probably buying shit to begin with.

Here's a chart from ClubRSX: http://forums.clubrsx.com/archive/in.../t-252874.html

ilvtofu 07-13-2009 11:58 AM

Got 6000k yesterday, but couldn't install them :( because needed to drill the ring that holds the bulb in the housing... so fail lol dremel got stolen in a break in of my garage...

kumbo1 07-13-2009 12:07 PM

Have a nice VI.

-EuroRSN- 07-13-2009 12:16 PM

^ Go fuck ur self buddy! but ya ima try and return them and get 6000k plus see what N motion can do for me!

shenmecar 07-13-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 6505706)
4100K - 4300k is what OEM is. If you're going to go around blinding everybody, at least make it worthwhile for yourself. Use 4300K.


JDM ITRs (DC5) have HID headlights.

Thx for confirming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 6505807)
^ Go fuck ur self buddy! but ya ima try and return them and get 6000k plus see what N motion can do for me!

Do you REALLY need HIDs to drive your car? Your problem here isnt the fitment of your illegal HID kit, its that you need to go see a optometrist, asap.

kumbo1 07-13-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- (Post 6505807)
^ Go fuck ur self buddy! but ya ima try and return them and get 6000k plus see what N motion can do for me!

Why, I hate people like you that put illegal lighting on a vehicle that is not even designed for it and blind oncoming traffic? Give your little ricer head a shake. I hope a cop does pull you over and impound your vehicle. I hate people like you making it bad for the rest of us that is trying to follow the law and do everything by DOT standards. I bet N-Motion and those other ricer shops that carry these HID's are not even DOT approved.

Adsdeman 07-13-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 6505705)
Anyone who has been blinded at night by people running illegal HID setups has the right to hate all they want.

Who cares, if u are in a lowerd car u cant c shit ne way with all the trucks and rovers on the road. I find stock bmw hid worse than most aftermarket ones out there.

ilvtofu 07-13-2009 01:29 PM

i need HIDs cause I couldn't see the racoon that ran at me :(

Adsdeman 07-13-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumbo1 (Post 6505875)
Why, I hate people like you that put illegal lighting on a vehicle that is not even designed for it and blind oncoming traffic? Give your little ricer head a shake. I hope a cop does pull you over and impound your vehicle. I hate people like you making it bad for the rest of us that is trying to follow the law and do everything by DOT standards. I bet N-Motion and those other ricer shops that carry these HID's are not even DOT approved.

I hate you cos you're a fucking prick! How boring must you're life be. Live a little.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net