REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #26
Certified Troll: Access Removed

A subaru will eat your ML up
Advertisement
impactY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:06 AM   #27
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
^ it's just funny how people talk like they really know about ML's. Let alone driven one or own one and paid for the maintanance.
So, what kinda problems would you think a 2000 ML would encounter within 2 years? transmission ? differentials, transfer case? blown engine?

I'd a Subaru and it just doesn't work in the snow even with snow tires. Did you know that when the snow is taller than your undercarriage, your car will get stuck easily?
Please don't advice people of what you think, try to drive these cars and you may have a different perspective !
what kind of subaru do YOU DRIVE? i drive one thats fairly LOW and with snow tires i plow through everything fine including SFU parking lots during the night of snow falls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 AM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
Quote:
^ it's just funny how people talk like they really know about ML's. Let alone driven one or own one and paid for the maintanance.
So, what kinda problems would you think a 2000 ML would encounter within 2 years? transmission ? differentials, transfer case? blown engine?
!
exactly
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #29
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/mercedes-benz/m-class/

114 reviews from ML owners (and some wannabes/posers). hope that helps (if you haven't run away yet)
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
what kind of subaru do YOU DRIVE? i drive one thats fairly LOW and with snow tires i plow through everything fine including SFU parking lots during the night of snow falls.
during the snow fall isn't that bad. It's bad "after" continuous snow falls !!
heres my ex subaru ! Adjustable Cusco Zero 2, Cusco underbrace 6 point, STi trailing arms in the back, STi group N lateral links, Wilwood front 6 pot rear 4 pot, 215/45/17 Yokohama snow tires !! So, WHAT DO YOU THINK I DRIVE?

and this is what I based upon my opinion on.....

BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #31
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
I'm not saying that the subaru is better than an ML in the snow, but for what we get here they are certainly sufficient, If you look around alaska you'll find that lots of people drive Subaru legacy/forester all over the place. And what they get there is much worse than what we have.

Consumer reports mentions transmission (minor), fuel system, electrical, suspension, brakes, exhaust, paint/trim, body integrity, body hardware, power equipment all to be below average. And even though they recommend the new ones, the owner cost is "much worse than average"

With my own experiences of owning a mercedes and a smart, I know that bringing it back to the dealer for a service is significantly more of that than say a Highlander which is similar size, and fuel economy is worse too.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #32

Quote:
during the snow fall isn't that bad. It's bad "after" continuous snow falls !!
heres my ex subaru ! Adjustable Cusco Zero 2, Cusco underbrace 6 point, STi trailing arms in the back, STi group N lateral links, Wilwood front 6 pot rear 4 pot, 215/45/17 Yokohama snow tires !! So, WHAT DO YOU THINK I DRIVE?
funny how u get stuck in the snow with a subaru, maybe raising the car height since u have adjustable coil.....???
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #33
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
funny how u get stuck in the snow with a subaru, maybe raising the car height since u have adjustable coil.....???
2 winters ago my dad drove a lowered STi around on shitty performance tires, plowed the snow but good enough to get it back in the garage in the icy alley.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #34

^ so bad that my cusco wasn't the TEIN so I can adjust it with the push of a button.
Cusco don't come with electronic adjustable control units.
Adjusting coilovers means more negative camber and then gotta go in for alignment? no way.... i'm lazy ! Also, I live in Burnaby just under SFU, so Subaru didn't cut it for me.

But all that was my past, I've sold the Subie and I've a good O'ML to boot around in the winter.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #35

sorry false info
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by TOPEC; 07-18-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #36

Quote:
boy ur a fucking DUMBASS

1 no one mentioned anything about TEIN
2 no one mentioned anything about bound/rebound adjustment
3 ALL CUSCO COILOVERS ARE INDEPENDENTLY HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE
4 changing ride height does not give u more or less camber, this is NOT A HONDA where the LOWER u go the MORE CAMBER U GET
5 CUSCO DOES offer control units, it's call ZERO-2E which can be added to ur Zero-2 setup as an option like TEIN DOES

boy ur one shameful subaru owner
if your not a fucking dumbass, you would notice TEIN have EDFC which I was referring to. And sorry buddy, I'd my Subaru since 2001 and I am out of the subaru in 2005 which is 4 years ago. I really don't know that Cusco made a Zero 2E cause I'm not into JDM anymore.

If you're telling me to adjust my coilover heights, you think that's not gonna change my camber setting? YOUR SMART!! If i'm raising the car for snow clearance, what is my camber gonna be, Mr. SmartAss!

You sure made me sound like I never adjust my coilovers before when I went through 4 sets of suspension on my Subaru which include TEIN basic, Cusco Zero 2R, STi pinks with KYB, STi take offs.

I would love to learn how to add a Zero2E to a Zero 2 coilovers !!

Mr Smartypants, since I'm such a shameful Subaru owner, I AM currently not a subaur owner and I'll let you take that title from me. And last thing, learn your basic subaru. Don't buy used parts from me man !!

One last thing I realize, did i offended you for calling subaru a bad car in the snow? I'm so sorry, don't get upset !!

Last edited by BEEB; 07-17-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #37
F**K YOUR HEAD

Please don't call each other names, lets get back to the op's topic,

IMO beeb you must've been a lucky one to have a fairly reliable ML, I know there are a few out there, I know 6 people with the same year of C240 that I had, My aunt's was the only one that rarely had problems and it was a 4matic, so there are lucky ones out there I guess.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #38
Banned (BBM)

welcome to RS
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Please don't call each other names, lets get back to the op's topic,

IMO beeb you must've been a lucky one to have a fairly reliable ML, I know there are a few out there, I know 6 people with the same year of C240 that I had, My aunt's was the only one that rarely had problems and it was a 4matic, so there are lucky ones out there I guess.
well, i tried to give the original poster a hint in how well the ML could be. and this faggot start to call me dumbass who doesn't even own a ML and didn't read his subie bible before calling names !

I'm lucky to own 2 mercedes currently and both are pretty good. The C230 didn't have anything wrong for the past 4 years. Not even one single problem except wiper change and oil change.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #40
F**K YOUR HEAD

Of course all cars have reliability issues in varying degrees, but buying the same parts even just for regular service will usually be more expensive on a benz
Old 07-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #41
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:

I'd a Subaru and it just doesn't work in the snow even with snow tires. Did you know that when the snow is taller than your undercarriage, your car will get stuck easily?
Please don't advice people of what you think, try to drive these cars and you may have a different perspective !
I got around perfectly fine last winter in my 2004 WRX stock suspension with a front lip. All seasons too!
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Please do NOT buy the last generation ML.

Check the forums at MBWorld.org for owner's experiences, those cars required a lot of repairs.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #43
Banned (BBM)

now you are talking

funny how someone still wants to back up for the first gen ML
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote