REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Angry Problem with dealership, is it my fault?

So i'm having a problem with the dealership i bought my G35 from and here's the story. I just want to see what you guys think. A bit of a read.

April 20-25 2009 i go into a dealership (not an used car dealership) to look at and purchase a 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe. Which is out of warranty.

After buying a 4 year warranty i was assured that if anything was wrong within a reasonable time period, I was guessing a month, i could bring it back and the salesman said "I'll take care of it"

The warranty cost me $2033 and covers everything, except if i dont' get a claim in 4 years i get that money back so i'm hesistant to use it.

two weeks down the road, i start to notice that a few things on my car don't really work. The Driver Side Window doesn't always go down, the passenger door lock doesn't always unlock when i use the key fob and the cigarette lighter plug doesn't work either.

So within 2 weeks i notify him and he says i could bring it in and get it checked out. Take it in and obviously the important things, the window and door lock work fine.

Now, after another 2-3 weeks i get very annoyed because they're only getting worse. so i bring it in again and this time the mechanics take a look at it.

July 2nd, After they check it all out, they have to order new parts; 1 Window Actuator, 1 Door Lock Actuator, and a new cigarette plug assembly.

Fine, that's great they need a few days to order the parts and i'll bring it in next week, July 13th.

On July 8th, about a week after the check up, i get a phone call from my Salesman telling me that it's ridiculous that they'd fix this after the cars been out of Warranty, Infiniti themselves wouldn't fix it and it was MY fault that i didn't buy an extended warranty that they offered to me. Well as you read above i did Purchase the warranty, i just didn't think it was fair for me to use it after only 2 weeks. He thinks they should pay half, because it's not safety related.

My argument is that he gave me a verbal guarantee that "i'd take care of it" if something were to go bonkers in a reasonable amount of time. I think 2 weeks very a short time to own a car and to have issues. He also made me feel small by saying i should have purchased the extended warranty, i just didn't want to tell him. Now i also think he should take pride in the product that he just sold to me. Now he's saying that not even Infiniti would stand by their product. No where before did he mention that it was safety related.

It's unfortunate that the only way to fix my issues is to order new parts, he thinks i EXPECT them to buy me new parts, fuck i don't care buy refurbished, i just want the car fixed and fixed properly, and if they need new parts to do it, that's their problem.

Am i expecting too much? Would other dealerships have handled it differently?
Should i pay half and take it up the ass? or should i say fuck it with them and use my warranty?

I've decided to withhold the dealership in question.
any advice is appreciated, any negative comments aren't.

I think i have all the details there,
Advertisement
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Sucks to hear, man. Reminds me of a little joke, though:

How can you tell when a car salesman is lying?

His lips are moving.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
G'd up! w000weee

The window motor and lock actuator are common parts to break down for G35's.
What type of warranty did they offered you...drive train, bumper to bumper, etc?

The salesman is probably giving you shit because HIS manager is giving him shit for agreeing to all of this. You should speak to his manager (or whoever is in charge).
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
G'd up! w000weee

AND HELL NO IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT.

Which dealership is it by the way?
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Wait you said you purchased a 4 year warranty?
You might as well use it, 2000 sounds cheap and it'll probably pay off
over the next 4 years.

Don't bother paying half, either use the warranty or make them pay for it.
I have a feeling they won't give you warranty money back after this too...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Just like the shit they try and sell you at Future Shop and Best Buy.... you NEVER take the extended warranty. Even on a domestic car!

Unless you're a complete tool, the cost of just buying the parts and doing the work yourself is usually way cheaper in the long run than paying the warranty cost, plus the deductibles, to get really minor crap fixed. And you will probably fix it right the first time, unlike the dealership who hires a weasel kid at $10 an hour to rip off your door panel and break off all the tabs, lose screws, etc.

Repairing basic stuff like that is sooo simple. It's not like you're replacing the planetary gears in the transmission...
Old 07-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Hyde's Understudy

I dont get it, you said you bought the extended warranty, and then you said the salesman said "its your fault for not buying the warranty"

why didnt you tell him to F-Off , and read the documents that you did indeed buy it?

So did you buy it or not, b/c you said it was your fault that you didnt buy extended warranty
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
like mmmk said the window motors and door lock actuators are two of the most common problems with 03-05 g coupes....

I personally have always had the same problem, since I've bought my car used at 60k, it's now at 90k.... my passenger door doesnt unlock half the time I have to do it manually, and recently and much more annoyingly when I try to close either window automatically, the window will roll up, and soon as it closes completely, it does a very weird thing where it rolls down half way by itself.

but my point is, these are very common issues for our cars and I would honestly tell the guy he's an ignorant idiot if he doesn't already know this and he works at Infiniti.... and YOU HAVE YOUR WARRANTY!! so wtf is up his ass.... how can he refuse you in any way legally, ask him that.

but if you wanna be more polite, you can just try telling him you have a few friends with the same years G coupes ALL with the same problems, what you gotta remind his dumb ass is that this is a common issue.... but chances are he already knows this but he's just ignoring you.... which dealership is this by the way ?

and in any case he did verbally agree to take care of it for you after all
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
take it back to them, talk to the owner of the dealership

don't use your extended warranty because you just got it and already informed them about the problems 2 weeks after you purchased it, if they say no, then take it up with headquarters, but no matter what, you do not need to use your extended warranty because they failed to fully inspect the vehicle before it rolls out the lot, and they probably have not informed about the situations either, that's withholding information which is illegal

just keep bashing them, then once they finally agree, go to another dealership to do servicing and what not

i have a 2006 coupe and had the door lock thing fixed a long time ago, it only happened a few times but since then hasn't happened, and that was back in 07

never had the window thing tho, only window problem was it made a noise going up, they replaced the window motor and windows, didn't pay squat

if i were you i would take it to autowest infiniti, they always do things for me, but if it is autowest infiniti that you are talking about then iono haha
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
How I Mod your mother

I dont see what the problem is if you bought the extended warranty..

Which dealership is this?
Why not take it elsewhere if your salesman is being a jackass
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
you
Banned (BBM)

tell them thats fucking bs
u bought warranty for a reason so ur supposed to be covered no matter what
id be fucking pissed if i bought warranty and the shit i buy starts falling apart after 2 weeks...wtf is that??
and no u shouldnt pay a fucking cent, tell them that u want ur money back and they can void the warranty if they want and that u'll go find another shop that would fix it instead
dealers like this fucking piss me off
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
I think they're respecting the warranty.
But not respecting what the dealer said, which was that he'd cover anything that went wrong for the first little why that he'd "take care of it" Just a slimy tactic of giving false confidence.
The problem is that if the sales told him that he'd take care of it, the OP should still be able to get his warranty money back after 4 years, since had he not purchased the warranty the dealer would've covered it neways.
Something like that?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Just like the shit they try and sell you at Future Shop and Best Buy.... you NEVER take the extended warranty. Even on a domestic car!

Unless you're a complete tool, the cost of just buying the parts and doing the work yourself is usually way cheaper in the long run than paying the warranty cost, plus the deductibles, to get really minor crap fixed. And you will probably fix it right the first time, unlike the dealership who hires a weasel kid at $10 an hour to rip off your door panel and break off all the tabs, lose screws, etc.

Repairing basic stuff like that is sooo simple. It's not like you're replacing the planetary gears in the transmission...
how much is it to replace a cylinder head and also a tranny ?

thats my domestic for you

THANK GOD for a warranty.
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

you should run up to him, "ha do ken" him, then do an spinning uppercut, and when he falls to the ground do a low kick but make sure you defend afterwards.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #15
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Wow you are cheap. The car is used, you bought the car as-is. If I am reading it correctly, I don't think the dealer is at any fault whatsoever. If something goes wrong after the sale, thats what the warranty is for, use it.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #16
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Use your warranty, it's there for a reason. Don't even think about getting your warranty refunded, you WILL make use of it in the next 4 years.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
in my experience verbal means nothing. If it's not in the contract nothing is promised.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
Circle Stick Square Mod

email infiniti canada.

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 AM   #19
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

let me guess, Autowest? same thing happened before to many people here i think..
DDauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #20
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_piggy View Post
Wow you are cheap. The car is used, you bought the car as-is. If I am reading it correctly, I don't think the dealer is at any fault whatsoever. If something goes wrong after the sale, thats what the warranty is for, use it.
You're an idiot. He BOUGHT the warranty, but the salesman is telling HIM to pay HALF of the repair costs
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
You're an idiot. He BOUGHT the warranty, but the salesman is telling HIM to pay HALF of the repair costs
TO be fair he's sorta correct.

I bought the warranty, the salesmen tried to make me feel dumb about not buying it and i chose not to tell him i did because i don't think i should use my warranty FOR this

since i had issues within 2 weeks and he said they'd take care of it.

They took it in and checked it by their mechanics.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #22
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeTech View Post
TO be fair he's sorta correct.

I bought the warranty, the salesmen tried to make me feel dumb about not buying it and i chose not to tell him i did because i don't think i should use my warranty FOR this

since i had issues within 2 weeks and he said they'd take care of it.

They took it in and checked it by their mechanics.
Ah in that case, mr piggy I apologize
Why wouldnt you tell them you bought the warranty? You could've saved yourself alot of headaches
Quote:
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #23
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
I would just get in contaact with Infiniti Canada. When Infiniti sees that a dealership is out of line with clients, they generally slam the hammer down to set things straight.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #24
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

^Because if he ends up not using the warranty, he can get it refunded at the end of the 4? years. I say just go ahead and use it, then you can be a little bit more wreckless with your car ;]
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I would just get in contaact with Infiniti Canada. When Infiniti sees that a dealership is out of line with clients, they generally slam the hammer down to set things straight.
good call.

I would definitely ask to speak w/ the manager. You don't need to scream and yell over the phone, just tell him your side of the story and politely tell him you aren't happy. If the manager starts playing hardball, then say you already contacted the BBB and Infiniti Canada for "help/advice". See if he changes his tune or not. If they're still playing hardball, then it's up to you to start screaming and yelling, haha.