REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
straight from the fields of squamton

getting rid of bugs :(

Last week I had a nighttime drive on the hope princeton and between kerameous and princeton I may have killed 900 bugs. unfortunatly I waited until today to clean up

the bugs don't come off. I started with a high pressure spray from the local car wash to get most of them off, then washed the car with a new microfibre mitt, then once dried, I used a turtlewax product from crappy tire that was supposed to get rid of bugs and tar.
It looks better, but there are still a lot of bugs on my bumper and above my windshield and mirrors, all the places I used the bug and tar remover product on.

Is there a better way to go about this? The car doesn't look bad now, but up close you can still see the bug marks that havn't gone away. I normally wouldn't care. but being a 2010 with less than 10k on it, I want it to look as new as it is.

any professional advice? keeping in mind driving to pitt meadows for product is out of the picture

Thanks fo any help!
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

a good wax and buffer ought to do the trick - a decent buffer tho - not any of this wax on, wax off crap.
xzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzman View Post
a good wax and buffer ought to do the trick - a decent buffer tho - not any of this wax on, wax off crap.
LOL...if you're going to start waxing WITH a buffer you're going to do it with a bunch of dead bugs on the paint? You ever thought that you're just going to do my damage to the paint and make an even bigger mess?

On a more serious note here are two products that should definitely help.
http://autowerkesexclusive.com/produ...ash/index.html
http://autowerkesexclusive.com/produ...ver/index.html
Spray those on and let it soak for a bit then rinse off. If they're still there then spray on again, let it soak, and then get on it with a sponge or mitt of your choice.
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

said he's got bug marks - the buffing should get rid of that
xzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
How I Mod your mother

I had some pretty big bug splatter on my front bumper, and it was left on there for a week before I decided it was time to get rid of it
All I did was took some straight poorboys apc, sprayed it wherever it needed to be sprayed, let it sit for a few mins, then washed over it with a soapy microfibre mitt.
No residue whatsoever

I guarantee this will work, Ken himself suggested it
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzman View Post
said he's got bug marks - the buffing should get rid of that
a wax isn't going to get rid of bug marks
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

that and if driving it maple ridge isn't an option pay $8 to ship it