REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Dispute ticket?

I was wondering what happens when i dispute a ticket? and if i should?..

I got a ticket for not having a bus fare on the skytrain today.. But the thing is i buy a bus pass every month.. and its just i forgot to bring it today..(seriously)

Of all the freakings days ig ot my pass on me today when i dont i get checked..
So the ticket is 163 dollars! thats a ball breaker..

From what i heard if i dispute the ticket there could be 2 possible out comes
A) officer doesnt show up, i dont have to pay the ticket period
B) offercer shows up, i either pay the full ticket or i can ask them to lower the price because im a full time student? ( and add in i actually bought the month pass but i was just careless and forgot it.. )

Anyways overall cause of my dumb ass carelessness i got stiffed 163 which is practically 1 pay check for me... the biggest thing that pisses me off is the fact that i have the month pass =/(i woulndt mind paying the 163 if i was actually caught and didnt have one lol)

Care to give me your 2 cents on this? people! Thanks
Advertisement
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Go and dispute and on the day of court just plead guilty and the JP would likely give you a reduction in fine. The allegation is that you did not have a valid pass (which you did not, this is not saying that you don't own one but just don't have it on you) so the ticket is completely valid.

Or if the officer does not show up, you will get off the hook without a problem. But you can talk the officer that issued you the ticket before hand (if he/she is there) and tell them that you'll plead guilty on a reduction of fine.

Easy. John you fail.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

The problem is that even though you have a monthly pass, cause you couldn't produce one when asked, then they have no proof. Also, not that I'm saying you did, but if I was an officer, you told me you forgot your pass, you could have actually lent it to a friend that day which is why you didn't have it on you. There's a lot of variables, and I'm sure they've all heard the same excuse before. I would just say if you can't afford the ticket, dispute it. Keep your this month's monthly pass so you can bring it to court. If you also had the receipt from when you purchased it, that would be good too cause you can show you had bought it before that day. Just plead guilty and tell them your story and hopefully you can get a fine reduction.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Just because you bought a pass does not give you the power to hop around without your pass on you. You forgot it, and did not purchase a ticket for your ride. You got what you deserved. I do however reccomend to fight it anyways, what do you have to lose?
stutterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

haha thanks, ya ill dispute it and try to get a lower fine.. $163 because i forgot my pass is uhh.. a bit to muchf or me lol..
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote