REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

I would of told to kops to come back during normal hours (9-5pm) and to get off my property. Let us know whats up!!!

dam kops,,
Advertisement
chatterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:54 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Why would people think they are smart if they had common sense? Isn't the point of COMMON SENSE that is it COMMON? So if it isn't above average, then by default, it shouldn't be smart and just average.

And no one can really speculate a reason. This is like asking why your mail came in late. You can call and find out or you can post on RS and have everyone guessing. It can be a HUGE array of reasons so asking such a general question is rather pointless.

Just call the police and follow up. If it is something serious, why wouldn't you want to find out?!
Yes, common sense is common. But when you use common sense versus the law, you're in the wrong direction.

Common sense would be cooperating with the police and if say for example I was at home and they asked me to step out of the house. Common sense would be, yeah i'll step out just because they are police and I should cooperate.

But by-law you have the right to not step out. Because by agreeing to step out, you've given them permissions to certain things (ie. - conduct a search on you and possibly cuff you and take you away, which is why I am asking).

Reason I ask for people who knows the law is, what rights do I have when police show up. Are they really allow to arrest me at my house? If not, what if they did, what approach can I take. Can i file a lawsuit if they do make a mistake (especially if they showed up at my work and got me fired or whatever?)

Just because police showed up at your house when you're not at home, does not mean you should follow up on what they were here for. It's their job to do what they have to do to find you if they really want you. I am simply just asking about my rights. For a witness case, yes they will come. Other than that, i know if they have search and arrest warrants, they will come. Is there any other? I don't know.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:01 AM   #28
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
I ask for people who knows the law is
lawyer.
any lawyers on revscene?
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Back on the COMMON SENSE tack... why are you getting so paranoid and over-thinking this?

From the original post: "The gave my dad and my brother a description that totally didn't match me and said I drove a mazda, which I don't even have."

So, go see them... it will be obvious they have the wrong person... problem solved.

You could also have called them two days ago, like everyone else has suggested repeately, and found out that they already found the RIGHT person they were looking for and the whole thing is over and done with, instead of wasting all this time stewing about it and working yourself up an ulcer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #30
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Here's an idea: your friend has kidnapped someone and used the cellphone plan you co-signed to ask for ransom... Or how about your friend is a dial-a-doper and uses the cellphone plan you co-signed to sell drugs?

Knowing the law has nothing to do with knowing what led to the police wanting information from you. Since you were so scared about losing your job, it makes perfect sense to contact them before they knock on your boss'es door; but from your tone, it seems like you have more to hide than show.

I am surprised your parents didn't give you more crap.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Since you were so scared about losing your job, it makes perfect sense to contact them before they knock on your boss'es door; but from your tone, it seems like you have more to hide than show.
Nothing about this thread makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #32
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts

no one will bother you after

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:41 PM   #33
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
not trying to give you a hard time but...

you posted this on the 21st, it is now the 23rd, have you called the police yet to resolve this problem? if not, i suggest you should get off revscene and call them BEFORE it does explode into full mistaken identity instead of just misinformation right now.

i have even taken the liberty of opening up another IE window, google searching "vancouver police department" clicking on the first link that popped up, and then clicking on the "contact" tab and now posting all the information i have copied and pasted from the site

Mailing Address:
312 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V6A 2T2
Canada

Headquarters:
2120 Cambie Street
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4N6
Canada

EMERGENCY CALLS 9-1-1 (Requiring a Police Officer To Attend)

NON-EMERGENCY CALLS 604-717-3321 Crime Reporting: (Vandalism/Theft from Auto)

Vancouver Police Switchboard 604-717-3535 for 2120 Cambie & 312 Main and Departments not listed

THE NUMBER THAT YOU WANT TO CALL IS NON-EMERGENCY CALLS 604-717-3321

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote