REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,316 Times in 307 Posts
iPhone replacing

So i'm just wondering if it's possible to bring my iphone 3g to the apple store downtown to get it replaced for a new one or a refurbished one?

cause i dropped my iphone many times.. scratches here and there and i'm missing the mute button. would i need to bring in any receipts to prove that i bought the phone from legally from rogers?
Advertisement
eLy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
You can check online to see when ur warranty expires. I doubt they will exchange it unless u there is something else wrong with the phone that is not drop related. (kind of hard to prove you didn't break it by dropping if ur phone is in very bad shape)

anyways I'm about to go to apple store dt to get mine look at. Mine warranty expire in aug. I have dust + dead pixel. Already unjailbroken. Hopefully they will get me a brand new replacement, although from wat I've read on hofo they are now doing in store screen repair

EDIT: yea just got the display, did it in less than 10 mins. there was another guy with a ipod touch that is very beat up. he claims the speakers wasn't working the genius didn't even check and gave him a replacement out right

Last edited by threezero; 07-25-2009 at 02:25 AM.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #3

thanks for the input. i will check it out whenever i get my day off.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

they will not cover physical damage...
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
EDIT: yea just got the display, did it in less than 10 mins. there was another guy with a ipod touch that is very beat up. he claims the speakers wasn't working the genius didn't even check and gave him a replacement out right
Yeah, I got my screen replaced in store as well. Although when I called Apple support they said I have a few options as to how I wanted it replace. I told them there's an apple store near me so he told me to go there lol.....didnt get a chance to hear the other options. I'm assuming with apple support, you send in your unit for replacement or repairs. Not sure if they have a plan for where they send you a new device and you ship the old one back when the new one arrives.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

do you need any type of proof of warranty?
In_MODeration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #7

they actually have your phone's serial in their system so it checks for your warranty.

my warranty had expired 20 days in already so the people from the apple store didn't replace my unit. they gave me a number to call instead.

called them. told them my problem.. told me about my warranty expiry.. but offered to replace my unit anyways. they sent over a fedex box which i received today. told me to pack everything in there and just send it back. should get a new one within 7-10 business days.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilshyguy604 View Post
they actually have your phone's serial in their system so it checks for your warranty.

my warranty had expired 20 days in already so the people from the apple store didn't replace my unit. they gave me a number to call instead.

called them. told them my problem.. told me about my warranty expiry.. but offered to replace my unit anyways. they sent over a fedex box which i received today. told me to pack everything in there and just send it back. should get a new one within 7-10 business days.
Cool, what number was it? I am in a similar situation.
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #9

the number the guy gave me was
1-800-263-3394