REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   To fight for a girl or not? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584098-fight-girl-not.html)

choda 07-28-2009 12:03 PM

To fight for a girl or not?

So I've been reading through tons of old threads, some people have been saying to fight for someone that you really care about, but then there are those that say to let go and let them come back to you. How/When do you know which one to do? I'm kind of in a situation right now, and I constantly think if I should fight for this girl, and if I do will it push her away? Or should I let her go? but then it may just seem to her as though I don't really care about her.

BallPeenHammer 07-28-2009 01:28 PM

I'd fight. But that's just how I've always been. I absolutely refuse to give up just like that.

Also, it'd help if you post more info on the situation. There's always an assessment one should do b4 making the final decision.

k2_alpha 07-28-2009 01:54 PM

I go also with fight as I refuse to be a door mat and lose.

give us more info so we can "help"

q0192837465 07-28-2009 02:07 PM

depends if she has a bf already. If she doesnt, then by all means fight off all competition. But if she has a bf, then I think it's immoral to go after her. Just think about how cool u'd be if some jackass starts macking at ur girl.

miss_crayon 07-28-2009 03:58 PM

depends on the situation.

if she told you she's not sure how she feels about you just yet/has a bf but doesn't knbow what to do cause she is "torn" between the two of you/isn't ready for a relationship..i say don't waste your time cause what she's really trying to say (but can't say it) is "i don't like you but i don't want your attention to go away just yet so please stick around so i can play around with you some more"

kwanzor 07-28-2009 04:12 PM

why fight for her if she isnt fightin back to begin with

choda 07-28-2009 05:46 PM

The situation is that me and this girl were seeing each other/together for a while back from like October-December. She was really confused as she was trying to get over her ex but they were still talking and he was trying to get her back. So we hook up, and we get really couply and stuff, but I couldn't take it anymore when she started to hang out with him again and invited him over for christmas eve dinner. So I broke things off, not in such a nice way. Time goes by and I call her to meet up because I wanted to apologize for the way things ended. Ever since that day that I saw her I can't get her out of my mind and I told her that I want to work things out. She says that she doesn't want to because she doesn't wasn't to repeat the past which is understandable. But to that my argument is that I never really got a fair chance of actually being her official boyfriend without any interference with her ex in the picture. So now I'm stuck, do I just forget about it? Or keep fighting for it?

Durrann1984 07-28-2009 05:54 PM

i think u shud fight for it IF she has no more ties with the ex
b/c i wouldnt know but just guessing that u were just a rebound back then?

if u feel like shes a good catch then good luck

liu13 07-28-2009 09:22 PM

i say nay in this one

muteki 07-28-2009 11:22 PM

^ i second that

gearshifter 07-29-2009 12:10 AM

^ third

Culture_Vulture 07-29-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choda (Post 6525763)
The situation is that me and this girl were seeing each other/together for a while back from like October-December. She was really confused as she was trying to get over her ex but they were still talking and he was trying to get her back. So we hook up, and we get really couply and stuff, but I couldn't take it anymore when she started to hang out with him again and invited him over for christmas eve dinner. So I broke things off, not in such a nice way. Time goes by and I call her to meet up because I wanted to apologize for the way things ended. Ever since that day that I saw her I can't get her out of my mind and I told her that I want to work things out. She says that she doesn't want to because she doesn't wasn't to repeat the past which is understandable. But to that my argument is that I never really got a fair chance of actually being her official boyfriend without any interference with her ex in the picture. So now I'm stuck, do I just forget about it? Or keep fighting for it?

Fight for it.

faithful101 07-29-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choda (Post 6525763)

absolutely fight for it, i mean if you can't get her off your mind then that's already a good reason to fight. You should do it asap because it's better to fight for it now, then for her to hook up with another guy/ her ex and then you fight for it.

BallPeenHammer 07-29-2009 08:38 AM

fight for it.

I know I would.

xplodngKeys 07-29-2009 10:40 AM

id fight for it

... always best to go down in flames.

underscore 07-29-2009 03:13 PM

I say forget her, she had her chance, the "I can't get over my ex" is a lie, always was and always will be. She just wants to use you for attention/whatever else she wants. I've been on the receiving end of this twice.

Dinan3 07-29-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6525633)

if she told you she's not sure how she feels about you just yet/has a bf but doesn't knbow what to do cause she is "torn" between the two of you/isn't ready for a relationship..i say don't waste your time cause what she's really trying to say (but can't say it) is "i don't like you but i don't want your attention to go away just yet so please stick around so i can play around with you some more"

QFT

Drow 07-30-2009 12:21 AM

i fought for it, it made things worse

my advice to you OP : just let it go. if its meant to be, its meant to be.

crzymofo 07-30-2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6525633)

so true. reading between the lines
same thing happened to me and ive moved on to bigger and better things ;)
it really depends on the situation, if she doesnt have a boyfriend, fight.

asian_XL 07-30-2009 05:04 AM

Quote:

She says that she doesn't want to because she doesn't wasn't to repeat the past
WAKE THE FUCK UP! SHE JUST SAID "GET LOST, YOU LOSER."

you just get slapped in the face, and you are begging her to be with you again?
HOLY SHIT, is she the only female you know in your life?

yeah, fight for it...SLAP!!!
I mean...SLAP!!!
oh, I am sorry...SLAP!!!
SLAP SLAP SLAP!!! you are fucking stupid.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/wp-co...onkey-slap.jpg

Fafine 07-30-2009 01:53 PM

^ daumn take it easy on him LOl hes just blinded right now once he's over her, he'll realize his mistake and hopefully get in his car, drive down to her house and run her over

lol jokes aside yeah just let it go she just a bitch

choda 07-30-2009 03:12 PM

Thanks for all the responses! Really appreciated, I think I'm just going to let it go and see what happens now, and for your comment asian_XL she just doesn't want to repeat the past, meaning she doesn't want me to hurt her again the way I told her we were over. Thanks for coming out anyways tard

Lil Bastrd 08-01-2009 09:15 AM

I think being she's not willing to take some of the responsibility of the two of you breaking up, I'd suggest walking away. I'm sorry but it's one thing to remain in touch with an ex, but if it bothers the current person you are with why would you invite them over for a holiday meal ??? It wasn't just you who ended the relationship, so unless she's willing to work on it take some large steps backwards.

freakshow 08-03-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choda (Post 6528468)
she just doesn't want to repeat the past, meaning she doesn't want me to hurt her again the way I told her we were over.

Isn't she the one who hurt you by acting like a couple then ditching you when it mattered (Christmas dinner)? If she is afraid of how "you'll hurt her again", and she thinks she's in the clear, i would move on.

About fighting for it: I'm all for fighting, but I also don't play games.

DanHibiki 08-03-2009 03:15 PM

Man I gotta get my eyes checked. I read "Should I fight a girl or not?"