REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-23-2009, 04:08 AM   #51
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC_13aBy View Post
whipped?? I hardly think so..

It's not like I'm taking advantage of him at all. The reason is that he drives around all day so doesn't mind taking a break from driving when he sees me (and it's good practice for me), I NEVER take anything from his wallet (I have good income) and have my own cell phone so it's not like i use his minutes. No wonder he doesn't need to hide things away. It should be this way with any other serious relationship, or else I'd say there is some trust issues.
whatever makes you guys happy. i see it as a boundary issue, like the person above said why do you need to go through is wallet? His phone?

The driving thing is OK when you put it that way, but it sounds like you changed your story from "he offers", to "he's tired"

It still sounds like he's a little whipped.

Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #52
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
I'm surprised at some of these results too. Why so possessive?

To answer the original question, nothing! If there's something I'm really paranoid over, I don't need to say "DON'T TOUCH!" - she knows not to touch without me having to say so, or that item doesn't even interest her. I've already warned her about downloading shit from the internet so she's careful not to click on random links and messing up my computer. She doesn't care about my wallet, cell phone, etc. and I could care less about her stuff too.

I guess this is what happens when you've been together for 12+ years?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #53
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I'm surprised at some of these results too. Why so possessive?

To answer the original question, nothing! If there's something I'm really paranoid over, I don't need to say "DON'T TOUCH!" - she knows not to touch without me having to say so, or that item doesn't even interest her. I've already warned her about downloading shit from the internet so she's careful not to click on random links and messing up my computer. She doesn't care about my wallet, cell phone, etc. and I could care less about her stuff too.

I guess this is what happens when you've been together for 12+ years?
i'm with Gumby on the "why so possissive?"

he is the only one i ever felt comfortable giving my password to to login to my home computer. i trust that he's not an idiot and knows what to download and what he shouldn't click on. if he wants to browse through the photos on my computer, sure. but he might see pictures of me and ex bf's that he probably would have not wanted to see. he knows the password to my main email accounts. again, if he wants to click around, he might just end up finding something he wish he hadn't. he knows my login/pw for wow. he has a key to my place. he leaves his wallet and cell phone laying around when he's over. if i wanted to i could look through it, but i don't unless he asks me to or if there is a reason to (being nosy isn't one of them)

i guess it feels like there is an unspoken boundary that we both respect.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #54
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco712 View Post
whatever makes you guys happy. i see it as a boundary issue, like the person above said why do you need to go through is wallet? His phone?

The driving thing is OK when you put it that way, but it sounds like you changed your story from "he offers", to "he's tired"

It still sounds like he's a little whipped.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one being surprised.

Offering, and being tired of driving can happen at the same time. Benefits both me and the SO, as i get the practice and he gets the rest. He shows me wallet if he gets a new card or id and i want to look at the photo, or lets me play around with the phone if it's new and if the functions on the phone are interesting. It all comes down to trust. Nothing to hide here! On the other hand, I wouldn't be giving out passwords to my SO or any other person as there would be no logical reason for checking other people's email accounts and whatnot.
XtC_13aBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #55
RS Veteran

i gave him my password to email so he could check meeting place/time for me in case something had changed... not a blackberry owner.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #56
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
i'm with Gumby on the "why so possissive?"

he is the only one i ever felt comfortable giving my password to to login to my home computer.
When you say "he" I thought you were talking about me!

Quote:
i guess it feels like there is an unspoken boundary that we both respect.
Exactly!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #57
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

For me it really depends on the person. Some things I would NEVER give out, such as email information and banking information. I've dated enough and seen enough ppl date psycho bitches. Everything's all good until someone gets pissed at the other.

the phone thing I don't really care. The car? It REALLY depends.....since my car's been tuned and built specifically for myself. Anyone else driving it usually has a bit of a difficult time.

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #58
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
When you say "he" I thought you were talking about me!

when i read my post after submitting, i realized that too, but was too lazy to edit it
Old 08-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #59
Hopeless Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
nothing. she's super careful not to screw with anything so my computer and car are fine if she ever wants to use them. i guess the only thing i'd be a little wary of is if she were to go through my cell phone. not that she would, but there have been some iffy situations where i've gotten txt'd and she happened to get to my phone first. and of course she would take them completely out of context. =/
+1 lol, definitely the same as this, i've never been bothered with my SO going through any of my stuff.. but there have been time's where she's gotten to my phone first when i've received a text and she's blown it out of proportion over something stupid lol
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:55 AM   #60
Banned (BBM)

my car

get in, shut up, and buckle up than touch nothing else
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #61
Banned (ABWS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsYBnP-m2vE
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #62
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
but if you do trust each other why would you need to look in his wallet?
It's not about looking in his/her wallet, it's knowing the fact that you can. If you aren't allowed to look into his/her wallet in the first place, then theres already a lack of trust... I don't care if my girlfriend looks through any of my shit and it's not that I am whipped, I just enjoy the mutual trust.

I don't understand why some of you are in relationships where you act as if you have something to hide, EVEN IF you say you don't.. why so possessive then? Unless of course you're in a relationship merely for the sex with minimal emotions invested, then I understand.

Edit:
Forgot to mention that I let my gf drive my car and only because when she drive it shes scared shitless by it ( and also the fact that she doesn't want to crash my car ) that she ends up being 10x more cautious, so I don't mind. But thus far, shes only driven it once and she said never again.

Last edited by moomooCow; 08-31-2009 at 03:32 PM.
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #63
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC_13aBy View Post
Glad to hear I'm not the only one being surprised.

Offering, and being tired of driving can happen at the same time. Benefits both me and the SO, as i get the practice and he gets the rest. He shows me wallet if he gets a new card or id and i want to look at the photo, or lets me play around with the phone if it's new and if the functions on the phone are interesting. It all comes down to trust. Nothing to hide here! On the other hand, I wouldn't be giving out passwords to my SO or any other person as there would be no logical reason for checking other people's email accounts and whatnot.
well I give my pw to my debit card to my ex(I think she still remembers it O_O).

There is only one thing I would never ever let anyone use and that's my WoW account WoW ADDICT HERE! I am not scare of losing gold. I am scare that when ppl use my account they might do some dumb stuff like not knowing how to use my character and gets everyone kill. Or say something dumb and gets the acct ban.

But yea I got nothing to hide since well...... I got nothing personal lol.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote