REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Ice in my room?

right now, im freezing some water in sandwhich sized Ziplock bags. about 10 of them

once frozen, ill put them in even biger ziplock bags (this will prevent humidty build up, once it starts melting right?)
my hope is to put them spread out in my room, (not very big), maybe 1/2 or less space of a 2 car garage.

will this cool down my room noticeably?

i also closed the blinds on my window then i taped the big black garbages bags to cover the window so 0 light will come in.
so right now its like ||| window, blind, garbage bag.
i also use the garbagge bag as a tint alternative cuz the sun rises on my window.

does this reduce heat, or will it trap more heat?

how do fans work... they just create wind right? will it actually cool down a closed room, or in the long run because of the motor getting warm, actually heat up the room?

i havent slept all night becuase its tooooooooooooo hot in my room.

NO, i do not have 400$ to buy a portable A/C... thanks.
Advertisement
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Ice won't help with the heat, at least you won't notice it unless the ice is on you.

taping the window will help, but you have to do it BEFORE the sun. However the color BLACK absorbs the most heat from the sun, so you might want to get a different color.

Also you need AIRFLOW to cool down with a fan, meaning air flowing in AND out of your room.
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,395 Posts
http://www.gmilburn.ca/2005/06/15/pe...r-conditioner/
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

u can get them for like 150 to 200 thats what im going to do
if i can find one right now
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
black will attract heat, so use something shiny, like one of those emergency blanket things. should be shiny foil on one side, matte on the other. keep your door open to ventilate/ open the window at night, and when you're trying to sleep get in a comfortable position and don't move, movement creates body heat. also try using wet facecloths on your forehead and chest to cool down.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

don't leave ice on your body unless it is wrapped in a towel or something, if you leave ice on yourself and fall asleep you run the risk of frost bite.

To cool my bedroom, i keep the blinds closed all day, during the evening, i open the window and put a fan against it to draw cold air inside. Leaving your bedroom door open MAY help. Depending on the rest of the airflow in the house. I have slept comfortably the whole summer(two ppl in the bed).

To cool my entire upper floor, I leave the bathroom fan and kitchen hood fan running all day to evacuate rising hot air while blowing in colder air in from my bedroom window with large fan. Once i get home from work, i move the fan to the front entrance(east) to blow in colder air up the stairs. During heat waves, rooms facing west will have the doors closed to seal the heat off from the rest of the house.

The key is to move hot air out and replace it with cool air. Changing the temperature of trapped air is not efficient with basic household items.

I'm no science expert but this has worked comfortably for me.
blazn1 is offline   Reply With Quote