REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Getting oil out of carpet??

Well heres the deal. I had the cap come off and oil container inside my car. Managed to soak most of it up with rags and stuff but my carpet still seems oily.

Now my question is whats the best way to get the oil out of my interior carpet?

TIA
Advertisement
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

One of these products should be able to get out the remaining oil. Surfex , Duragloss Orange or Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover . If you have any questions, give me a shout.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Is that stuff good for coffee stains too?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Is that stuff good for coffee stains too?
With coffee stains, simple stain removal products should do the trick. Even oxyclean does the trick some times. You just need to scrub it in multiple directions, agitate the carpet.

Adam's upholstery/interior cleaner usually does the trick for mild/medium stains.

If that doesn't cut it, try a diluted mixture of degreaser with water.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
i brought my moms W203 to the detailing place near overseas auto behind blue star, don't think its there nemore neways, but the guy got everything out except for one stain under the carpet that was prolly a mixture of coffee and shoe dirt, and maybe shit? jk
lol but it was way in the footwell but a pretty huge stain so i don't know why he couldn't get it...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
i brought my moms W203 to the detailing place near overseas auto behind blue star, don't think its there nemore neways, but the guy got everything out except for one stain under the carpet that was prolly a mixture of coffee and shoe dirt, and maybe shit? jk
lol but it was way in the footwell but a pretty huge stain so i don't know why he couldn't get it...
Some stuff just doesn't come out. I had a client spill a Mocha at Starbucks four blocks from my shop. He drove straight over and we fired up the shampooer right away. The stain had already set. Shame, it was his buddies car.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote