REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Missed the Chance?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584609-missed-chance.html)

Nectarine 08-03-2009 07:07 AM

Missed the Chance??

Don't want to make this post too long so I'll try to make it brief.

I went on a date with this guy that I've been chatting with recently. We did a little shopping today and spent some time together. At dinner time, he decided to keep his sunglasses with me which I find sorta strange cause he has kept it hooked onto his shirt the entire time before, so why did he decide to leave it with me during dinner time. Regardless, I left his sunglasses in my bag. Near the end of dinner, he recieved a phone call then he said that he had an emergency and had to leave really quickly after dinner. We parted our own separate ways after wards. That was when I realized that he left his sunglasses with me in my bag so I chased after him and returned his sunglasses. When I gave it back to him, he gave me this really awkward facial expression. I was really confused.

Honestly, I had an awesome time and was a little disappointed that the day ended earlier than I expected. We both seemed to have a great time but I'm just not too sure what he's trying to do especially with that strange expression.

So I was left with a few questions in my head. Did he intentionally leave his glasses in my bag hoping for a second date since I'd have to see him again to return his shades? Did I do a dumb thing by running back to return it? Should I contact him again to go out again?

tiger_handheld 08-03-2009 07:47 AM

you should PM me, and we'll set up a date that is twice the fun as this. ;)

Nvasion 08-03-2009 08:02 AM

i think you did screw up cuz i do think he did leave you the glasses so he can see you again.

urrh 08-03-2009 09:21 AM

i thought only girls did the leaving shit behind move.
just wait a few days and see if he makes a move, maybe call him to do something later. and don't bring this up again, brush it off like it's nothing

gearshifter 08-03-2009 09:43 AM

I think leaving the glasses with you was part of his plan :P Haha

SumAznGuy 08-03-2009 09:45 AM

^ +1

Give it a few days and see if he is man enough to call you up.

If not, then just move on.:thumbsup:

E=mc˛ 08-03-2009 01:36 PM

lol that's one sly mofo :D

gearshifter 08-03-2009 02:03 PM

IMO, if he doesn't contact you within a few days, you should call him up.
That's if you want something to happen between you guys, which seems like you do.
Don't move on quite YET.

If we did analyze the situation wrong, THEN depending on the response move on.

46_valentinor 08-03-2009 08:10 PM

maybe you gave him the impression that you don't want to see him again by giving back his shades. So now he doesn't want to contact you thinking he lost his chance?

stewie 08-03-2009 08:14 PM

shoulda kept the glasses and when he called for the 2nd date asking for them you shoulda said you dont have them

Nectarine 08-03-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r6_4life (Post 6532545)
maybe you gave him the impression that you don't want to see him again by giving back his shades. So now he doesn't want to contact you thinking he lost his chance?

I am afraid that he'll think that. So maybe I should take the initiative to contact him?

Thanks for all the replies by the way, it's pretty helpful. I knew that I should have kept his shades.

Gt-R R34 08-03-2009 10:28 PM

wait a couple of days and see if he calls, then i would say give him the ring, show him you're also interested and make this game of tug-o-war :P

butter_sashimi 08-03-2009 10:46 PM

My initial thought was that he bailed right after the end of dinner because he wanted to end the date asap.

lol?

Dinan3 08-04-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butter_sashimi (Post 6532724)
My initial thought was that he bailed right after the end of dinner because he wanted to end the date asap.

lol?

Yeah, what kind of emergency was it that he had to bail on the first date.

eurochevy 08-04-2009 01:16 AM

no the reason why he gave u his sunglasses was probably cause he didn't have any where to put them and didn't wanna look like an idiot with sunglasses hanging out of his shirt at a place to eat dinner and then forgot about them ...the real question is was he on the phone during the date or on his own at any time? cause he coulda asked someone to call him at a certain time to get away from you ....if not then mighta actually been a real emergency..and for ppl saying what kinda emergency would u leave on a first date?..well its a first date its nothing that family or friend emergency is less important than another person u just met

Keiichi 08-04-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nectarine (Post 6532554)
I am afraid that he'll think that. So maybe I should take the initiative to contact him?

Thanks for all the replies by the way, it's pretty helpful. I knew that I should have kept his shades.

yes take the initiative if you're interested in him. Simple as that. Beating around the bush and playing too much of a game gets u nowhere.

miss_crayon 08-04-2009 11:28 PM

you're overanalyzing everything. don't worry about if he left it with you on purpose, or if you did the wrong thing by giving it back. what's done is done and just let everything come to you naturally. the more time you spend thinking about this, the more it's going to bother you.

just see what happens and don't hold your breath for him

Girl 08-05-2009 01:06 AM

^W3rd.

Go with the flow dude. Quit expecting so much and just enjoy your time. If you wanna call him later, call him and express how much fun you had. No need to over analyze.

Note to self: Kettle meet Pot.
/facepalm

Nectarine 08-05-2009 08:46 AM

Well I gave him a call and we'll be going out for coffee tomorrow. I guess I was just scaring myself a little. Haha~

Hope everything goes well tomorrow. :) Thanks for everyone's help!!

hirevtuner 08-05-2009 11:01 AM

just be yourself and keep it cool
good luck

liu13 08-05-2009 02:39 PM

almost certain, he wanted to ditch early to meet up with his buds, while afraid that he'll leave a bad first impression, he planned an excuse to see you again for a 2nd date

well played, seems like something out of a molsons commercial when guys ditch their girls for a playoffs game

RabidRat 08-06-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinan3 (Post 6532808)
Yeah, what kind of emergency was it that he had to bail on the first date.

that's not so unheard of is it? i've had to bail before, things happen. it's just odd that he didn't explain the situation to her.

6793026 08-07-2009 01:47 PM

i thinki the guy is just being retarded on the "can u keep the sunglasses" move. super retarded, who does that anymore?

at least u got a second date. I hope that family emergency is like epic cause there's no way woudl i leave unless it's something life and death.

so how was the second date.

gearshifter 08-07-2009 04:36 PM

now you gotta update us :)

butter_sashimi 08-07-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6537381)
i thinki the guy is just being retarded on the "can u keep the sunglasses" move. super retarded, who does that anymore?

at least u got a second date. I hope that family emergency is like epic cause there's no way woudl i leave unless it's something life and death.

so how was the second date.

I know what you mean. Under normal circumstances, why the hell cant you hold your own sunglasses, wallet or cellphone. If you cant hold it, then dont bring it. There's pockets, etc.

Yea where's the update now? Was there another family emergency?