REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   3 minute idle rule (https://www.revscene.net/forums/584983-3-minute-idle-rule.html)

nipples 08-26-2009 08:40 PM

or...start composting. the WRONG way.

underscore 08-26-2009 09:04 PM

wait til they're gone for whatever reason, crank the sub so it rattles everything in their house, then act like you dunno what happened when they come home.

TheSalesman 08-26-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6565338)
wait til they're gone for whatever reason, crank the sub so it rattles everything in their house, then act like you dunno what happened when they come home.

its not that loud....the neighbores on the other side don't complain. I would need to buy some sort of insane sub to do that. And everything in my house would be messed up lol.
but yeah anyways....fcuk the neighbores.

nsmb 08-27-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipples (Post 6565295)
dude, just suddenly develop a lawn fetish and keep mowing your lawn like everyday. start it at 630pm or whenever their friends go over for dinner. and do it without the bag the first time. then go back over again with the bag to pick up the clippings. that'll drive em nuts.

and be totally anal with your weedeater. make sure it's ALL level!

cut the lawn at like 7am on saturdays and sundays

underscore 08-27-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSalesman (Post 6565527)
its not that loud....the neighbores on the other side don't complain. I would need to buy some sort of insane sub to do that. And everything in my house would be messed up lol.
but yeah anyways....fcuk the neighbores.

You'd be surprised, at my friends place they have a pretty loud sub in the basement but we never had it up too high playing games, and the neighbours would complain it was making their china cabinet rattle (yet nothing in the house that had the sub was rattling significantly). Build quality on the houses was different I guess, plus the ground can carry bass from basement to basement pretty well (both burned in the same fire and replaced at about the same time tho so idk). Best part was I knew the complaining neighbors, I used to date their daughter :haha:

If they still bitch about the sub maybe move it upstairs if you have a different room your setup would work in so it isn't firing right into the ground.

nipples 08-27-2009 05:53 PM

i hope you're not asian...that way you can tell em you're embracing your scotish heritage by learning how to play the bagpipes...but unfortunately, you're a slow learner and have no sense of music....and you're too poor to hire an instructor...

then just bleep away!...WHILE mowing the lawn! hahaha

CRS 08-27-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipples (Post 6566782)
i hope you're not asian...that way you can tell em you're embracing your scotish heritage by learning how to play the bagpipes...but unfortunately, you're a slow learner and have no sense of music....and you're too poor to hire an instructor...

then just bleep away!...WHILE mowing the lawn! hahaha

Been there, done that.

Seriously. Some SOB on base didn't know ANYTHING about bagpipes and tried to play it EVERY DAY.

I was like FML.

Mugen EvOlutioN 09-03-2009 03:25 PM

dont think cops have all the time in the world sitting there watch u idle 3 minutes

stewie 09-03-2009 05:58 PM

get some bikes to do some 15k revs outside your house, id be willing to participate lol

TheSalesman 09-03-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 6565911)
You'd be surprised, at my friends place they have a pretty loud sub in the basement but we never had it up too high playing games, and the neighbours would complain it was making their china cabinet rattle (yet nothing in the house that had the sub was rattling significantly). Build quality on the houses was different I guess, plus the ground can carry bass from basement to basement pretty well (both burned in the same fire and replaced at about the same time tho so idk). Best part was I knew the complaining neighbors, I used to date their daughter :haha:

If they still bitch about the sub maybe move it upstairs if you have a different room your setup would work in so it isn't firing right into the ground.

im on the 2nd floor. I do have a bike too but i dont do any 15k revs outside. Honestly im not trying to rev and bother the neighbores but they are just too anal about any type of sound. They need to just move out to a farm in the boonies. But I think ill be getting akra exhaust for next season so yeah...more complaints to come....

jerperez 09-03-2009 07:32 PM

You should light a bag of feces on your neighbors doorstep. =)

CRS 09-03-2009 10:31 PM

Not saying that this is the way to go or anything related to the OP's issue.

I just thought it would be a good place to share my viewings of youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMQcnpbBlEo

TheSalesman 09-03-2009 10:49 PM

^ thats awesome.

chris_89T 09-09-2009 06:02 PM

LOL that was awesome. man they have some balls to stay across the street like that.

Anyways enforcing that 3 minute law would be pretty rediculous, i think most cops have better things to do then wait beside your car for 3 minutes and write you a ticket.

Anyways, just ignore them, and if they happen to walk onto your property, remind them that it is YOUR property and they are trespassing. Theres not really much *legally* that you can do, just ignore them, or just do things to really piss them off when they come to bitch at you.

This one guy at work always use to try give me shit, everytime he came near me and tried to talk to me id just start rambling on while he tried to talk about stupid shit. Just start screaming everytime she opens her mouth or just repeat everything she says. Generally either A). she will get pissed off and leave, B). she wil hit you in which case you can black mail her with assault charges or C) she will keep bitching in which case you just keep mocking her and someone will give up.

Works like a charm

Graeme S 09-09-2009 10:19 PM

NEIGHBOURS