REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Automotive Chat

Okanagan Automotive Chat Kelowna, Penticton, Vernon, Kamloops, BC Interior and beyond.
BC Interior Auto-Related Discussion..

Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hot Night Drags

Well boys and girls its Ashcroft time this weekend. Who's going? I am not racing the puking diesel this time. Checking rules for quad racing hoping to race that. Calling to see if I can get a dyno sess lined for sat morn, its running horrible in the middle but decent up top at wot.

Name, rocketship, et

1. Zumbo, the quad Suzuki 450, hoping for anything in the 8's for 1/8

hopin to see the Geno wheelstand mobile and the angry bee 11 sec civic of justins.
Advertisement
'89 gixxer 750- parts possible future bike
'88 katana- black, missing guages fairing and a passenger seat, sexy
zumvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

there must be a better night to go up. theres ufc on sat night and its still summer.
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Yes, I also have no car. Im not racing a cobalt rental car.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Need my Daily Fix of RS

yup i'll be there stop by and say hello, just want to make 3 or 4 wide open passes if all feels good in the trialer she goes and off to pinks wednesday what she runs she runs then when we get back we'll start cenking it up

geno
68bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
OK Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffh View Post
there must be a better night to go up. theres ufc on sat night and its still summer.
this is the last opportunity at night drags for this year.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #6

Geno I am curious of your trans setup? I remember reading that it was a street car, have a tbrake? big loose stall?

So I called around and no one wants to dyno my quad.
OTP said they think their dyno is too big and wont read my numbers lame,
Southwest motorad said yes when I went in there to talk then when I called to setup a time they said it cant be done lame,
Elite their website says it will do bikes so I went in to see about setting up a time and the dyno guy said he doesnt know how to do the motorcycle dyno cuz they have a weight setting and it doesnt go that low gay balls,
anywhere i missed??
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #7
Need my Daily Fix of RS

it is a powerglide with a brake with a 10 inch 3000 stall it is not to bad driving on the street

as for your quad i did some testing with our dyno working with pure power which is a company in town here that does quads and bikes they gave me a quad to try it on the dyno spent a couple of nights after hours figuring out the proper aprox test wieghts came up with a weight formula did a couple of test pulls gave them the results and they were happy and siad they were pretty close all depends on the track with

geno
68bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #8

Serious? So you did some pulls with a quad? what kinda power was it making? Based off what other quads similar mods done have dyno'd I should be between 50-53hp and 34-35 ft/lbs. Ill truck the quad to the loops for a session if you can tune it? Way better than having to go to Calgary like the bike shop in town here told me.

What kind of quad was it? What was done to it?

I wish I could have made it out to see your car but I think just going to thunder here in ktown is good enuf and not its not 100L to get there and back, lol.

What did your car run? Shit ur on ur way to pinks, not jealous at all. Fack