REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Detailed: E46 M3

Since this forum is a little slow I'll throw in a detail a friend and I did a month or so back...

A good friend of mine recently picked up this 2004 E46 M3 SMG in Carbon Black on Red interior.

Under direct sunlight the car had moderate to deep swirls and terrible terrible holograms.

The engine bay looks to have been untouched since purchased as well. Either way, enjoy the pics. Carbon black is really a fun colour to do. Due to time constraints, I didn't get to spend as much time with the car as I would have liked and ended up only doing a one step compound with M105 on an orange pad then seal with Optiseal and wax with P21S.

BEFORE

AFTER

Kev
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
How I Mod your mother

Nicely done man! Isnt it so rewarding just admiring how shiny your work and how damn nice the reflection is?

But then you're so tired its hard to just stand there and admire for too long lol

When I get time I really gotta do my engine bay, but I'm too scared to fuck it up somehow
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

Very nice job! Looks sweeeeet!
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

nice and clean.... we just detailed my M3 either.. lol

ddalbowang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

wow looks great, detail my M3!!
seriously though would you?haha
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Wow the before looks as bad as my X3!!!
Good work!
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Nice! Glad to see everybody else posting up their details!
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I forgot to check this thread after haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Nicely done man! Isnt it so rewarding just admiring how shiny your work and how damn nice the reflection is?

But then you're so tired its hard to just stand there and admire for too long lol

When I get time I really gotta do my engine bay, but I'm too scared to fuck it up somehow
Thanks man. I would have liked to have spent more time on the car though. Just jewelling it more. But it can be such a tiring job.

The engine bay isn't that difficult. I just lightly mist everything, then spray on some all purpose cleaner, let it dwell for a minute, and then scrub lightly with a nylon brush. If it's something metal, i'll use a stiffer brush. One you're done scrubbing, just lightly mist away all the gunk. Some dirtier motors may require a couple of good scrubs but it's quite rewarding in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalbowang View Post
nice and clean.... we just detailed my M3 either.. lol
Very nice. The car is so reflective I can barely tell what colour it is. I'm guessing white? Also, any more pics of that S2000? We have the same wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendb7 View Post
wow looks great, detail my M3!!
seriously though would you?haha
Honestly, I don't consider myself a pro detailer or anything worthy of charging or doing work for others. In fact, I usually just do friend's cars and for no fee. I just enjoy detailing and do it for the fun of it. Not really confident enough to do work on a stranger's car. That being said, there are a couple of detailers here who I'm sure can help you out.

Kev
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I forgot to check this thread after haha.

Honestly, I don't consider myself a pro detailer or anything worthy of charging or doing work for others. In fact, I usually just do friend's cars and for no fee. I just enjoy detailing and do it for the fun of it. Not really confident enough to do work on a stranger's car. That being said, there are a couple of detailers here who I'm sure can help you out.

Kev
Don't sell yourself short Kev. Take his money! LOL We all started out the same way. Give me a call if you have any questions.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #10
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Honestly, I don't consider myself a pro detailer or anything worthy of charging or doing work for others. In fact, I usually just do friend's cars and for no fee.

Kev
can we all be your friend then?!?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote