REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

help with my alignment

hey peeps about a month ago i had an alignment done at richmond Lexus ...
after it was done i didn't really look at my alignment sheet because i don't really know how to read it ...

so a day ago i uploaded my alignment sheet on club Lexus and someone said my rear camber is off

here is my alignment sheet:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2...nspecsheet.jpg

does anyone know if IS250s are suppose to be like that ... or is there something really wrong with my rear camber...
and if so, do you think the dealership will redo the alignment for me .. after one month?

thanks!!
Advertisement
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
right camber is always slightly more than the left because the right side of the car is always slightly lower than the left side.

even at stock height, the camber is more on the right side, and lower on the right side of the car due to correction for driver weight (lexus assumes u normally drive with only the driver in the car)

that is why a lot of ppl if they really want even ride height, and have coilovers, they lower the left side a bit to match the right side.

as for camber, unless u have camber adjustability and that you tell the mechanic u want it dead even, he is going to set the numbers to as close to the stock settings as possible. and as i said earlier, lexus sets the camber settings to be slightly more neg on the right side (passenger side). if its from japan, RHD, its set up the opposite.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

thanks for the quick and detailed reply SG!

so it is normal to have the rear camber like that right ? and it is not something i need to worry about ? such as reduce gas mileage or excessive tire wear on that side?

oh and i forgot to mention ... reason for the alignment is because i had F sport springs installed
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

more camber on the right side to compensate for road crown.
Suprarz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

i just had a 2nd look

u have a right to suspect something

see the front camber is fine, the right is off by a little bit, not much but within spec.

the rear camber is out by - 0.5degrees. i dont know if the new IS's have rear camber adjustment. what suspension work have u had done?

take a measureing tape, measure from fender to ground on the left rear and the right rear. see what the height differnence is?

from factory, it can be off as much as 1/2 an inch lower on the passenger side with no one in the car.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

i had Fsport Springs installed

from what i heard 2IS does not have a rear camber adjustment .. think we need a camber kit for that
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

well ur camber isnt all that extreme so its still ok

once u hit the -2 mark, then u should look at getting a camber kit, unless ur going for the vip look

as for toe settings, ive learned that the best set up is to have the rears slightly toe in (- toe), with the fronts slightly toe out (+ toe)

you are still under -1.75 so its fine. stock i believe is just under -1 degree.

like i said, measure ur height from fender.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 08-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #8
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
oh wow look at that amount of caster, i wish i have that much

how long did u wait before u go for the alignment after u installed the springs?
did u give it time to settle first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

i gave it about 3 weeks b4 i went in for an alignment .. i was told to let it settle for a few weeks b4 getting it aligned like u said

i just did the measurements .. the left was around 66 cms and the right 67 cm so around
26 inch left and 26.3 inch right

i measured from the the fender above the tire to the ground
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

well its off by 1/2 a degree, which is still ok, and the camber isnt all that crazy to lose sleep over.

so long as the car drives straight, ur good!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 08-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

alright thats good to know ... thanks for your help!!!

i heard other IS have a tilt to one side .... i have the 2009 model... wonder if thats lexus's way to compensate that
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

Looks fine to me - everything is within Lexus' spec.

Unless you have good reason to, don't mess with toe. It will have the most pronounced affect on handling and tire wear.

finally, I agree with SG (not from a "I know Lexus" thing, but from practicality) - with the driver the only occupant, more camber will be gained on the left side than the right.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
Looks fine to me - everything is within Lexus' spec.

Unless you have good reason to, don't mess with toe. It will have the most pronounced affect on handling and tire wear.

finally, I agree with SG (not from a "I know Lexus" thing, but from practicality) - with the driver the only occupant, more camber will be gained on the left side than the right.
so lexus thinks i'm fat ? :P
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
RS Lurker, I don't post!

tisk tisk

kira you daft cock! what did i tell you
Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #15
Rs has made me the man i am today!

imo, if they're within factory specs (green) it's all good. if any of those numbers were red, you'd have to start worrying.

from the looks of that alignment sheet. initially, your car was never out of alignment and within factory specs. the initial numbers are all green.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #16
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

nope but lexus alignment has compensated for the rare chance you need to haul ur fat mother in law whom sits back there to nag about ur driving =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandalove View Post
so lexus thinks i'm fat ? :P

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 08-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
nope but lexus alignment has compensated for the rare chance you need to haul ur fat mother in law whom sits back there to nag about ur driving =)
haha i dun think a fat mother in law would fit in the limited space of the back seat of an IS :P