REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   how to reduce mosquitoe bites? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585656-how-reduce-mosquitoe-bites.html)

orange7 08-12-2009 05:46 PM

how to reduce mosquitoe bites?

I'm in Guanzhou, and i'm getting hit hard by mosquitoe bites!!!

Is there any way to reduce the number of bites?
Perhaps eat more of a certain kind of food?

also, what do you use in china for mosquitoe bites?
So far I'm just using hand sanitizer for these bites! LOL

SkinnyPupp 08-12-2009 05:55 PM

On your bites, use Mopidick. I don't know if you can buy that in China, but I'm sure they have something like it. You can buy it in Hong Kong if you go there.

To prevent bites, use bug repellent (duh). Make sure to use something with DEET! Everything else is pretty much useless.

I'm lucky, for some reason I rarely get bit by mosquitoes in Asia, even if everyone around me is getting eaten alive. They must not like my white blood :lol

orange7 08-12-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6544359)
On your bites, use Mopidick. I don't know if you can buy that in China, but I'm sure they have something like it. You can buy it in Hong Kong if you go there.

To prevent bites, use bug repellent (duh). Make sure to use something with DEET! Everything else is pretty much useless.

I'm lucky, for some reason I rarely get bit by mosquitoes in Asia, even if everyone around me is getting eaten alive. They must not like my white blood :lol

what kind of food do you usually eat?

I'll look for Mopidick when i go to the market tomorrow.

SkinnyPupp 08-12-2009 06:14 PM

I eat lots of meat, veggies, and fruit. Very little grains or starches (rice, bread etc)

It's a Japanese product, so look for Japanese on the label. Or just go to a pharmacy and ask for a solution, they should have something similar.

teaoh 08-12-2009 08:29 PM

when i was in vietnam i would use this product called Soffell (sp.) it was a mosquito repellent. It was okay of use but i would recommend you apply it very often even though the bottle says protection for 12 hours.

Also, make sure you buy creams so that the mosquito bites will heal. I think the repellent in NA would be no use in China and other developing countries.

SkinnyPupp 08-12-2009 09:03 PM

http://www.muskol.com/local/images/productshot4.jpg

Trust me, this shit will work anywhere in the world.

Blinky 08-12-2009 11:03 PM

Use a mosquito net when you're sleeping. It helped when I was there.

JordanLee 08-13-2009 02:49 AM

A Therapik works wonders if you've already been nailed. All it is is a small light and heats up the site of the bite and apparently the heat denatures the proteins in the saliva that makes the bite itchy. We've had one for years and right after you get nailed you push the button and apply the heat and you do it just till it starts to hurt a bit and the itchings nearly non existent until the site heals. Pretty amazing

http://images.mec.ca/media/Images/Pr...9830712618.jpg

http://www.mec.ca/reviews/pwr/produc...Treatment.html

orange7 08-13-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blinky (Post 6544829)
Use a mosquito net when you're sleeping. It helped when I was there.

i don't have a mosquito net for my bed, but i do have those burning sticks; however I don't want to burn stuff in this house.

orange7 08-13-2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teaoh (Post 6544588)
when i was in vietnam i would use this product called Soffell (sp.) it was a mosquito repellent. It was okay of use but i would recommend you apply it very often even though the bottle says protection for 12 hours.

Also, make sure you buy creams so that the mosquito bites will heal. I think the repellent in NA would be no use in China and other developing countries.

I don't have any cream at the moment. I'm only using Purell hand sanitizer on the infected area that i brough from Canada. I haven't gotten a chance to get some cream here. I'm pretty sure the bite will heal naturally, but it will just take a lot longer.

orange7 08-13-2009 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6544638)
http://www.muskol.com/local/images/productshot4.jpg

Trust me, this shit will work anywhere in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanLee (Post 6545050)
A Therapik works wonders if you've already been nailed. All it is is a small light and heats up the site of the bite and apparently the heat denatures the proteins in the saliva that makes the bite itchy. We've had one for years and right after you get nailed you push the button and apply the heat and you do it just till it starts to hurt a bit and the itchings nearly non existent until the site heals. Pretty amazing

http://images.mec.ca/media/Images/Pr...9830712618.jpg

http://www.mec.ca/reviews/pwr/produc...Treatment.html

I'm actually in a village near GuangZhou right now, and there I doubt there is a place to get those things. However, I'll still give it a look, and i will leave this village to visit some cities later this week. I'll keep these two products in mind.

For now, these bite infections are getting worst. They've exponentially grown in size!!!!! FML!

twitchyzero 08-13-2009 01:24 PM

in my experience if you are local they dont seem to bite you as much
i lived in taiwan with little mosquito bites
but when i visit after 7 years i got friggin raped by them in the first few weeks..then they stopped attacking me. it's almost if i developed immunity or sthing

they love foreign blood!
just get those mosquito zapping lights and turn em on when you're sleeping.

Overseas Auto1 08-13-2009 02:39 PM

you need the product that has 95% Deet

orange7 08-13-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 6545568)
in my experience if you are local they dont seem to bite you as much
i lived in taiwan with little mosquito bites
but when i visit after 7 years i got friggin raped by them in the first few weeks..then they stopped attacking me. it's almost if i developed immunity or sthing

they love foreign blood!

ya.. none of my relatives, which i'm staying with, gets bitten at all!

Fuk.. the mosquitos are keeping from exploring this village/town!

BTW the nicest car i've seen so far is an black Audi A6; however there are lots of cars that we don't get in Canada!

orange7 08-13-2009 05:46 PM

NEED HELP!

I couldn't stand it any longer so I scratched the shit out of the super big bitten area! Now there are two kind of fluid leaking out, one is red (red blood cell) and the other is clear.

What is this clear cluid? Could it possibly be white blood cell?

SkinnyPupp 08-13-2009 07:52 PM

You probably have an infection. Keep it clean! And don't scratch your bites! You'll have scars for life.

I see a lot of HKers with disgusting permanent bruises and scars all over their legs, because they grew up without using bug repellent and bite treatment. So instead, they just scratch the shit out of their legs, get infections, and nasty legs.

impactX 08-13-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Werd... Mopidick kicks so much ass, the bites don't itch literally right after applying it.

I used to get a lot of bites... then after my skin condition deteriorates, I don't really get any bite. The suckers probably found better blood to suck on.

freesole 08-13-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Ahhhh I need something to treat this horrible bite. Can you find mopidick locally?

The other day I was playing tennis and as soon as I got to the tennis courts, three landed on my legs. I hate them with a passion!

orange7 08-13-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6546016)
You probably have an infection. Keep it clean! And don't scratch your bites! You'll have scars for life.

I see a lot of HKers with disgusting permanent bruises and scars all over their legs, because they grew up without using bug repellent and bite treatment. So instead, they just scratch the shit out of their legs, get infections, and nasty legs.

LOL.. now you telll me!!
i have three infected bites that are as big as my hand, and I have 2 that are 3cm by 4cm in area.

I've been scratching them all day, and this clear-yellow fluid has been coming out continously.

SkinnyPupp 08-14-2009 12:15 AM

Keep that shit clean man, you could get a blood infection, then you'll be in trouble. Get the hell out of China if you have to. Also, when you do get bug repellent, make sure not to put it on open wounds.

SkinnyPupp 08-14-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freesole (Post 6546247)
Ahhhh I need something to treat this horrible bite. Can you find mopidick locally?

The other day I was playing tennis and as soon as I got to the tennis courts, three landed on my legs. I hate them with a passion!

In Canada they have something similar called "AfterBite". It works quite well.

flawless 08-14-2009 12:17 AM

Just bought a can of the Muskol. Hope to god it works well for me!

orange7 08-14-2009 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6546450)
Keep that shit clean man, you could get a blood infection, then you'll be in trouble. Get the hell out of China if you have to. Also, when you do get bug repellent, make sure not to put it on open wounds.

What are the basic to keep those areas clean? I've stopped scratching them.

Fuk.. and I just got here on the 12th.

SkinnyPupp 08-14-2009 01:20 AM

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdo...njury/041.html

Makaveli 08-14-2009 08:30 AM

the simplest defense against mosquitoes are eating bananas... so eat more !!!