REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Dinner: Top of Vancouver or Cloud 9? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/585732-dinner-top-vancouver-cloud-9-a.html)

prelude_prince 08-13-2009 11:13 AM

Dinner: Top of Vancouver or Cloud 9?

As topic, which place should I hit up for dinner? I know a lot of you are going to say "none of the above", but my this dinner is for my grandma, who really wants to go to a revolving restaurant.

Which has better food/seats/view?

Thanks very much in advance for your opinions

sp00n 08-13-2009 01:22 PM

Havent been to Top of Vancouver, but Cloud 9 wasnt that bad. I enjoyed it, food is alright but the view was good.

BlackZRoadster 08-13-2009 01:25 PM

i think you should try both yourself, and then decide which one is better and then bring your grandma

racerman88 08-14-2009 06:40 PM

Horizons at Burnaby Mountain is nice

6793026 08-19-2009 01:00 PM

cloud 9 has got to be the shittest restaurant.
they definitely changed owners and the food is crap.
if you want revolving restaurant go to the one at harbour center.

Mugen EvOlutioN 08-19-2009 04:23 PM

ya go to the one on harbor center

their maple salmon and lobster stuffed tortellini sp? is really good

winson604 08-19-2009 05:02 PM

Although my experience is not all so recent here was how I rated them.

Cloud 9 - went like 5 years ago and the food was horrible

Harbour Centre - Went about 5 years ago and it was avg at best

Top Of Vancouver - went 2 years ago to dineout and it was actually pretty decent.

8ozsteak 08-24-2009 12:52 AM

Dude, to be totally honest, both really suck.

Cloud 9 is super old and getto
Top of Vancouver doesnt have any reasonable food.

prelude_prince 09-08-2009 05:55 PM

Ended up going to both.

Top of Vancouver is MUCH more decent. Cloud 9 was easier on the wallet with the $35 dollar 3 course sets though. However, Cloud 9's service was VERY lacking. Not really the server's fault but I'd have to say they are tremendously understaffed.

stewie 09-19-2013 09:39 AM

bumping up this super old thread!

gf's birthday is coming up and im stuck between cloud 9 and top of Vancouver. I know she wants a good view with good food...

so, currently I have a reservation for top of Vancouver, only because I wasn't aware that there were multiple revolving restaurants lol.

doing some searching on google, they have many mixed reviews.

has anyone been to either or recently and able to help me out as to which one is better?
we'll be going on a Monday night in October, so im hoping it wont be to busy at either, so I assume service would be decent at both...(I hope lol)

TIA

knight604 09-19-2013 10:03 AM

Cloud 9 sucks

Not really racist! 09-19-2013 10:10 AM

I like Fraishe's view more

:badpokerface:

entirely subjective

lowside67 09-19-2013 10:15 AM

If she likes a view but it doesn't have to be from a revolving restaurant, then there are lots of options.

For night time, one of my favourite options is the Salmon House in West Vancouver

Shitty photo but this is their nighttime view:
https://www.salmonhouse.com/wp-conte...3-1024x373.jpg

Not really racist! 09-19-2013 10:24 AM

^
View > food by like 200x there

:lol

lowside67 09-19-2013 10:27 AM

I definitely agree, but I feel that View > Food by about 10,000,000x at the revolving restaurant, so this would still be my choice if I had to dine with a view of the city. But if it were my date to organize I'd be arranging dinner somewhere awesome without a view and having dessert already picked up and sitting in a cooler in my trunk along with a big ass blanket for having dessert at the Cypress lookout looking over the city if it wasn't raining.

stewie 09-19-2013 10:31 AM

I like the sounds of the other restaurants. But when we had our anniversary date a while ago it was at some restaurant in or near van dusen I think? Anyways I told her back then that I was debating the revolving restaurant or the botanical garden restaurant we ended up at and I could see her eyes light up when I said revolving restaurant, so I gotta take her to one for her bday lol.
Posted via RS Mobile

stewie 09-19-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8323495)
I definitely agree, but I feel that View > Food by about 10,000,000x at the revolving restaurant, so this would still be my choice if I had to dine with a view of the city. But if it were my date to organize I'd be arranging dinner somewhere awesome without a view and having dessert already picked up and sitting in a cooler in my trunk along with a big ass blanket for having dessert at the Cypress lookout looking over the city if it wasn't raining.

I usually would pull something off like that...have every detail planned and keep her in the dark until she gets there, but I'm very limited to what I can do lol...got diagnosed with epilepsy last year...so I'm not able to drive right now, so it's either her driving or a cab
Posted via RS Mobile

Culverin 09-19-2013 12:46 PM

Horizons
I haven't gone in quite a few years, but when my family lived in Burnaby, it was one of the places that we found consistently above average.
Probably your best bet for a dinner with a view?

lowside67 09-19-2013 01:06 PM

Horizons is good I agree, but the view is pretty dramatically below the other options in this thread IMO.

melloman 09-19-2013 01:42 PM

Just went to Seasons In The Park at QE Park.

Reserved a window seat overlooking DT, not a bad view.

stewie 09-19-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 8323628)
Just went to Seasons In The Park at QE Park.

Reserved a window seat overlooking DT, not a bad view.

How did you get a window seat?? I went there for our anniversary and asked for a window sear while I was reserving a month in advance and the bitch told me I can't pick where I wanted to sit...instead they sat us beside a large group of old Asian business men who talked louder than a fart can >.< ruined the night
Posted via RS Mobile

Lomac 09-19-2013 02:05 PM

Out of those two, Top of Vancouver.

If given the choice to do another restaurant with a view, The Observatory on Grouse. That view > all restaurants in the area, I think. The food is typically pretty killer as well. It's also pretty killer on your wallet. :lol But I personally think it's worth it.

Lomac 09-19-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8323640)
How did you get a window seat?? I went there for our anniversary and asked for a window sear while I was reserving a month in advance and the bitch told me I can't pick where I wanted to sit...instead they sat us beside a large group of old Asian business men who talked louder than a fart can >.< ruined the night
Posted via RS Mobile

Gotta grease some palms. ;)

Marshall Placid 09-19-2013 08:24 PM

Fraiche, great views, good food:

Fraiche Restaurant

Voted Silver for North Shore by Van Mag:

Best North Shore 2013 | Vancouver Magazine

brokentelephone 09-27-2013 04:51 AM

Get a drink with a view and then pop out for a better meal.