REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 08-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
beef tendon snack

eww... just ate one of these it was nasty.
it has a tough gummy texture and tastes like beef.
i ate a little piece of it and it was the worst candy/snack ever.
Advertisement
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Sounds disgusting. I love tendon when it comes with brisket (in curry especially) but by itself, it's rather gross.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Old 08-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Sounds disgusting. I love tendon when it comes with brisket (in curry especially) but by itself, it's rather gross.
Where do you get tendon with curry? At chinese restaurants I love getting curry beef brisket, but I've never seen tendon on the curry menu. I really like tendon in pho, haven't had it any other way.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo mein View Post
Where do you get tendon with curry? At chinese restaurants I love getting curry beef brisket, but I've never seen tendon on the curry menu. I really like tendon in pho, haven't had it any other way.
Usually beef brisket curry will have tendon in it too. Sometimes you get more tendon than beef, which sucks

The best place for curry in Richmond is... shit I forget the name. It's by London Drugs, across from the car dealership. Starts with an "M" I think. I'm pretty sure you'll get tendon with your brisket there.

In Hong Kong, there is a local cafe I go to for their curry. In fact, that's what I had for lunch today
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
degenerate extraordinaire

^ You're referring to Mui Garden (mui yuen).

the tendon dish posted by Amuse is delicious, we always order it at dimsum.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote