REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Commitment issues?

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

I recently got out of a 11mo relationship. The girl was completely into me but I found I couldn't get myself to like her the same way/level. We never fought or argued, but to a certain degree, I just felt "comfortable" but never "infatuated". I tried giving it some time, and when the feelings didn't develop, I decided not to waste anyone's time and pulled the plug.

Since then, I have talked to several friends about this, and while most agreed I did the "right" thing, one thing came up that I had never considered: I was just too inexperienced to know what I want, and that I simply need to play the field more.

FYI, this is my 1st serious relationship ever, at 11 months. My next closest one was 4 years ago, and lasted 4 weeks.

With that said, I feel like a bit of an a$$hole for doing this to a girl who I think was almost ready to marry me (not trying to brag, just stating the fact). So anyways, I need some insight on whether I did the right thing, and what I should do for the future, both short and long term. Also, should I have contact with this girl? If so, when? I think she's a totally great person, and in terms of personality we're 95+%. I just don't think we're compatible as bf/gf.

El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
You did the right thing.

As for keeping contact, as long as every party can keep cordial, I don't see what's wrong with retaining another friend.

In the future, I wouldn't worry about it. Just because you couldn't take the plunge on this one doesn't mean you will be incapable with others. This situation is very subjective to many variables:

* your current situation
* the type of girl you're currently with
* her current situation
* etc etc.

And depending on the combination of variables, the result will vary accordingly.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

may be you should call her and tell her what you told us, get some closure if that helps
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:51 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Also, if you don't feel it then you don't feel it. If you try to work it out it and get married, it won't last long.
raygunpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I agree with what the above 3 posters have said. You did the right thing. Dont feel bad for yourself, if you were to stay with her then you would have been doing both of you a great disservice
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #6
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
what's her reaction when you told her to break up?
and is she still going after you right now?

I don't think any girl would be happy with your decision, but hey, some girls are fine with that and they move on.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
RS Veteran

if i was in the girl's position, i would want you to be as honest as you are in the post and explain to me why you felt it wouldn't. i would still be heart broken but the honesty would help.
Conan O'Brien Sex Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

+1 to all the above posters. you have to be really really open and let her know it wasn't anything to do with her or the relationship, it was just your feelings/commitment levels.
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
I don't get it

I agree with the above

make sure she knows the real reason why. that way she won't be heartbroken and clueless at the same time
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

ready to marry you after 11 months? cmon man
Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

^ whats wrong with that? I kno tons of couples who've dated for like 10-12 months and got engaged then married wasting no time

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyyxjayy View Post
What if someone sold you cocaine, but it was laundry detergent ?
danlee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #12
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I think you were right in taking off
It could have been much worse in the long run, you spared each other many problems.

if you think she can handle the truth, tell her...but if you think she can't
then perhaps you can come up with something else to say
IronLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlee78 View Post
^ whats wrong with that? I kno tons of couples who've dated for like 10-12 months and got engaged then married wasting no time
marriage is not the end goal to a relationship... taking more or less time is not wasting time or being more efficient... its not like the shortcut to get to work faster by-passing the highway..

for the OP... sometimes it requires a strong emotional attraction to make somebody committed... in this case you just didn't find it in this girl... don't worry though its not like your the only one doing it.. everybody has their moments...
I mean those LV and Gucci also doesn't make you any smarter
Shirlz - Things to do in Vancouver | Web Developer Resource
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote