REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 08-18-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Rogers HUP policy

The Hardware Upgrade Program will now provide a consistent minimum eligibility rule for all customers and eliminate the 3-5 day wait time between a data to data HUP cancellation and the processing of the new HUP.

Effective August 21, 2009, a minimum tenure of 24 months since initial activation or last upgrade will be required before a customer is eligible to participate in the hardware upgrade program. $This change aligns all upgrades (voice, voice to data and data to data) with the current data to data HUP policy.

This change also reinforces the importance of explaining to customers that HUP eligibility and quoted hardware/plan pricing$are subject to change without notice and cannot be guaranteed beyond the time of quotation.

Update to HUP eligibility:

The updated HUP eligibility rule of 24 months minimum tenure since a customer’s last upgrade or activation date will be system enforced and no exceptions will be allowed. All other standard HUP eligibility rules still apply.

Reasons for the update to the HUP:

Rogers Wireless heavily invests in providing the latest data devices at affordable prices to our data customers. This update to the Hardware Upgrade Program is designed to offer a consistent upgrade eligibility to an outstanding selection of the most advanced devices for the best value.

In addition to the outstanding selection of available devices, there has also been improved level of quality and technology that has gone into the line-up over the past years allowing a longer hardware lifespan.

Customer impacts:

Please always check the customer’s account in Vision21 for HUP eligibility to ensure the customer is provided with correct eligibility information.

Customers may have been eligible and now eligibility may have changed as a result of this update.

Customers may have been aware of their eligibility prior to the update, but did not take advantage of the program at the time and are currently not eligible as a result of the update.

Positioning:

HUP eligibility as well as quoted hardware/plan pricing are subject to change without notice and cannot be guaranteed beyond the time of quotation.

Rogers Wireless sells devices at a significantly lower price than the true value/cost of the device. This update to the Hardware Upgrade Program allows us to continue to offer the best devices at the best value in a fair timeframe for all of our customers.

Please note that the information in this bulletin applies to the standard HUP program, and does not take into consideration any existing promotions that may require different eligibility. Always remember to consult the Sales Central bulletins to read the latest in HUP offers.
Advertisement

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
I is Romanian

Fuck you Rogers!
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
MOD

instead of screwing smartphone users, they screw EVERYONE!

Quote:

Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

rogers gets worse by the day. i think i'll switch to telus once their HSPA network is up.
ienhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by ienhz View Post
rogers gets worse by the day. i think i'll switch to telus once their HSPA network is up.
no garantee that Telus will be any better when that time rolls around. Roges sets the precident and takes all the shit. anyone that follows their lead won't be shit on by the public.

lucky iscored my 3GS already *whew*
Old 08-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

once again, rogers has found another way to fuck us. right on!
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

always a way around it.. 2 weeks ago (after aug 1) i got a HUP upgrade less than a year before my previous one! i had gotten an iphone in november and just did a HUP to blackberry 9 months later no problem...! i asked, they offered, didn't have to negotiate anything. and no i'm not one of those people who pay $100+ per month.
ooops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
Got MOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooops View Post
always a way around it.. 2 weeks ago (after aug 1) i got a HUP upgrade less than a year before my previous one! i had gotten an iphone in november and just did a HUP to blackberry 9 months later no problem...! i asked, they offered, didn't have to negotiate anything. and no i'm not one of those people who pay $100+ per month.
It says effective Aug.21/09 in the OP....
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
MOD

on the "my rogers" wireless page, it lists a bunch of phones that i can upgrade to, but im not at my 2 year mark yet. Whats the deal with that?

Quote:

Last edited by Gh0stRider; 09-22-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

online: i cant do mine, its telling me to come back on my 2year mark T.T
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
MOD

Rogers brings back 12-month HUP… for voice-only customers

For those who are with Rogers and are looking to get an upgrade your device you just might be in luck!

We were sent some details (and found the internal document) that effective today for a “limited time” those who’ve been a customer of Rogers for 12 months can have the opportunity to upgrade their phones, not the recent change of 24 months.

Curious what happens to those who want to upgrade but have a Smartphone with a data plan? Well you are out of luck… Rogers says in the document “Rogers Wireless invests heavily in providing the latest data devices at affordable prices to our data customers. In addition, with the growth in popularity of data devices there has also been an improved level of quality and technology that has gone into the line-up over the past years allowing a longer hardware lifespan. Rogers runs promotional offers every quarter.”

So, if you have a data plan with Rogers you’ll still have to wait 24 months, while those who have a voice-only can upgrade with a minimum 12 month. Here are specifics:

Hardware Upgrade Program eligibility:
- Minimum 12 months tenure (since initial activation or last upgrade) for voice-only customers upgrading to another voice or smartphone/data device
- Existing smartphone/data customers will remain at a minimum 24 months tenure
- All other standard HUP eligibility rules still apply

Quote:

Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
I is Romanian

Shittest company in Canada, Probably the whole World. I wanna punch the area manager in face and bury him in the pit behind our office next time i see that douche bag call Rogers a premium brand!
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote