REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Traffic Ticket - W Cordova & Bute

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but was just wondering if you guys can help..

I got lost driving to Yaletown today, so i pulled over to the corner of W Cordova and Bute to turn on my GPS. I was right at the corner in front of the stop sign and crosswalk (my car was parked by the curb). I stopped (with my engine still running) for no longer than 30 seconds when a man in a uniform crossed the street and slapped a parking ticket on my car.

Reason for the ticket is: "stopping at a place where a traffic sign prohibits stopping."

I'm just wondering if anyone knows whether or not that area has a "No Stopping Anytime" sign or a "No Parking" sign.

Wondering because i know i can dispute my ticket if it was just a no parking zone.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Why didn't you just check right then and there?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 AM   #3

at that point in time, i was too pissed off to think rationally to check the signs.

also, the parking ticket guy threatened to give me a $200 ticket if i turned off my engine. not sure what he would have done if i got out of my car.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
I was right at the corner in front of the stop sign and crosswalk (my car was parked by the curb).
Clarify this please. Btw, you posted in the wrong section. Police forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
I know the area quite well as I work around there and there are "no stop/prohibited from stopping" signs.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #6

Inaii: the area between a stop sign and where you would parallel park on the side of the road?

CRS: thanks. Looks like there's no point in disputing it then. i just hate that he was such a dick about it.