REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   problem with unitow (https://www.revscene.net/forums/587013-problem-unitow.html)

Okyasure 08-25-2009 03:15 PM

problem with unitow

if they impounded my car and the bill is worth more than the car...what can I do
can I just leave it with them???...when I call called and said I don't want the car anymore they said I still have to pay the bill...is this true???can somebody please confirm for me!!!!!

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 03:16 PM

Lol what car do u drive?
Pay them in pennies btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URWkN...layer_embedded

!Aznboi128 08-25-2009 04:02 PM

you have to take it back

Rich Sandor 08-25-2009 04:11 PM

There is a law against paying in all pennies.

You have to take the car back and they can charge you for storage fees which will get more and more every day, eventually it'll go to collections and your credit will be fucked.

Just because your car is 'worthless' doesn't mean you can leave it for other people to have to deal with. It's your mess, clean it up.

Great68 08-25-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6563101)

Just because your car is 'worthless' doesn't mean you can leave it for other people to have to deal with. It's your mess, clean it up.

I did that with my piece of shit Audi 5000.

The transmission went (as almost all do), so I took it to a shop to fix. When asked what they estimated the fix their answer was "Not much". I asked "How much is not much?", they said "less than $1000".

Then when fixed they tried to bill me $3000. I said "You can keep the car".

This was a well known german automotive shop in surrey BTW..

Funny thing was that the transmission died on me while I was on the sea to sky on the way to Whistler. The next year I went to whistler and saw the car up there hahaha.

jlenko 08-25-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6563101)
There is a law against paying in all pennies.

Edit: QFT.

I was wrong.

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 10:53 PM

MUAHAHAHAHAA Rich is just scared that I'll pay for the car he sells me with pennies!!!
If you're lucky loonies...

boatcaptain 08-25-2009 11:12 PM

sure sucks to work at that impound lot counting pennny

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:15 PM

They deserve it, tow truck drivers make a living off of making others feel like shit, well for part of it, some ppl actually need to get their cars towed sometimes i guess, but not the impound ones,

boatcaptain 08-25-2009 11:19 PM

but didnt a old folk bough a truck with all penny in the states?

Rich Sandor 08-25-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6563725)
Actually, there isn't. Pennies are legal tender, so you have to take them.

Actually, you're wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CURRENCY ACT

Legal Tender
Legal tender

8. (1) Subject to this section, a tender of payment of money is a legal tender if it is made

(a) in coins that are current under section 7; and

(b) in notes issued by the Bank of Canada pursuant to the Bank of Canada Act intended for circulation in Canada.

Limitation

(2) A payment in coins referred to in subsection (1) is a legal tender for no more than the following amounts for the following denominations of coins:

(a) forty dollars if the denomination is two dollars or greater but does not exceed ten dollars;

(b) twenty-five dollars if the denomination is one dollar;

(c) ten dollars if the denomination is ten cents or greater but less than one dollar;

(d) five dollars if the denomination is five cents; and

(e) twenty-five cents if the denomination is one cent.

Coins of denominations greater than ten dollars

(2.1) In the case of coins of a denomination greater than ten dollars, a payment referred to in subsection (1) may consist of not more than one coin, and the payment is a legal tender for no more than the value of a single coin of that denomination.

Rich Sandor 08-25-2009 11:29 PM

If you try to use more than 25 pennies to pay for something, it can be legally declined.

so there.

:)

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:31 PM

If i ever buy a car off rich I know that $80.25 of the money will be in coins :haha:
Or next time i gas up ;)

Rich Sandor 08-25-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6563787)
They deserve it, tow truck drivers make a living off of making others feel like shit, well for part of it, some ppl actually need to get their cars towed sometimes i guess, but not the impound ones,

If you don't want to have your car towed, don't park illegally on someone else's property. It's pretty simple. Not sure why you'd blame the tow truck driver. Do you blame cops for catching you when you're speeding? Do you hate your dad when he gives you a time out for being childish?

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:33 PM

^

...sorta ;)

Although i've never been towed/caught for speeding

Rich Sandor 08-25-2009 11:35 PM

In time my friend... in time...

;)

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:36 PM

Except the difference with your examples are that cops/dad is trying to teach you a lesson, tow truck drivers are teaching you a lesson but they're only doing it for the money you see, although thats sorta biased statement i guess

WHEYsted 08-25-2009 11:37 PM

What car do you drive?

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:40 PM

a white mini with orange wheels :haha: DON'T TOW ME BRO!

well i guess someones gotta do it though just to enforce the parking laws.. :(

Alphamale 08-25-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6563832)
If you don't want to have your car towed, don't park illegally on someone else's property. It's pretty simple. Not sure why you'd blame the tow truck driver. Do you blame cops for catching you when you're speeding? Do you hate your dad when he gives you a time out for being childish?

No, I blame my dad for not wearing a condom.

FML.

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:41 PM

^:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Alphamale 08-25-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6563840)
Except the difference with your examples are that cops/dad is trying to teach you a lesson, tow truck drivers are teaching you a lesson but they're only doing it for the money you see, although thats sorta biased statement i guess

Buddy, you're so retarded.

ilvtofu 08-25-2009 11:48 PM

Oh yeah? Well would a mentally retarded guy have hired a bulldozer with a drunk driver to level half of his house in celebration of his fantastic test results?

The_AK 08-26-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6563867)
Oh yeah? Well would a mentally retarded guy have hired a bulldozer with a drunk driver to level half of his house in celebration of his fantastic test results?

Most likely.

jlenko 08-26-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor (Post 6563819)
Actually, you're wrong.

Well, that doesn't happen very often ;)

Thanks for the info... now I'll tell my customers to go fuck themselves when they try that shit again.