REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #26
I don't get it

I went to UofT for 4 years for my university studies and I just recently came back. If you are permanantly going to live there then a car is essential but if you're just going for a student's life in the core of downtown, its not that worth it. I'm not sure what sort of business you're doing there but majority of students don't drive. You'll see hordes of people coming from the train station.

Car forums? In the past, I tried looking for Toronto version of Revscene with no luck =(

It is a mini NY and if you're into Asian food (ie: richmond stuff), you're in tough luck. Pho sucks, chinese food sucks, sushi is crap. That is, if you're going to be eating only in downtown area. I lived in the St. George apartment area which was extremely near school. College Park is considered more high end living area while the Bay Street area is where the financial districts sorta begins. The richmond of Toronto is Scarborough/Markham and highway driving is necessary. Downtown Toronto can be segregated in several districts: Korea town, greek, italy town, financial district, clubbing district, Jewish area, harbour area etc. I can't say much about car related things as I depended only on the TTC there which is pretty well developed. Sorry =\

But if it's about student life and school issues at UofT, I can be of help. ;D
Advertisement

Last edited by butter_sashimi; 10-01-2009 at 09:12 PM.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #27
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

The Chinese truck in front of Robarts isn't so bad! Not sanitary...but not too bad, haha.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

all the help was greatly appreciated ... and ya i couldn't find any car forums for toronto either ... looks like imma stick with revscene then [it appears the toronto section closed down tho?]

and misteranswer care to explain what "The Chinese truck in front of Robarts" is? i have no idea what that is on account that i'm going in november haha ... i'm guessing it's a chinese food stand?
KuSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #29
I don't get it

^ in front of robarts library is a red food truck selling solely Chinese food cooked by a Chinese dude with the raspiest voice ever. There's about 4-5 food trucks overall along st. George, one being a hotdog/fries conveniece truck and the rest being Chinese. It's not that bad cept for a hair I found twice in my food
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuSouL View Post
all the help was greatly appreciated ... and ya i couldn't find any car forums for toronto either ... looks like imma stick with revscene then [it appears the toronto section closed down tho?]
Yeah the Toronto section disappeared a long time ago. There isn't really any form of equivalent forum that I could find. Revscene is pretty unique in that respect. For classifieds, Craigslist is still good and far moreso than out west Kijiji is quite popular.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #31
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
You have to check out Canoe on the 54th floor of the Toronto Dominion Bank tower. Amazing views and tons of eye candy. It's expensive but well worth it, I always check it out when I'm in TO and I was there this past weekend.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #32
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Sorta an old thread but I'm bumping it back up. So regarding flying out to TO anyone know any sites etc with cheaper prices or deals for flights? Looked around the net and the general pricing is 500-600 for a round trip direct flight.

That price is alright but i might be flying often so yeah for people who go back and forth often, any help would be appreciated.
Moratorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #33
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Just check aircanada.com and westjet.com often. And purchase the fares one way. It is not cheaper if you purchase return tickets on domestic and US flights.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
personally living in toronto for 2 years this is what i think of it.

1) Either you drive or be prepared to bus and walk everywhere and its not like van where, where your going is like 15-20mins away heelllss no, this is more like a 1.5-2 hour bus/walk with multiple bus changes and thats just to get there.

2) Winters are cold as fuck even worse than Vans. Pack warm clothes to stand through -20 temperatures.

3) Toronto is pretty much full of freeways and highways, all of them with 4-6 lanes. yup....

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP

Last edited by tonyvu; 11-23-2009 at 12:22 PM.
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #35
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
^
I used to go to Toronto for work on a regular basis and everytime I went there, I felt exactly what you described. I hated it there.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lately I've wanted to move to Toronto to work for 1-3 years and then come back to Vancouver.
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #37
RS Veteran

^
Depends on what you plan on doing. Some people end up staying forever.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
^why would anyone stay in such a miserable place.
god Toronto is annoying as fuck to live in.

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #39
RS Veteran

^
I'll have to agree. Despite what people say about how great the night light is or how awesome shows and shopping is, it's still a shit hole and I'd never move there.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvu View Post
^why would anyone stay in such a miserable place.
god Toronto is annoying as fuck to live in.
Because, Toronto is the financial capital of the country. If you're a paper-chaser, Toronto is where you make your money. Unless you have some kind of a "beachead" in Vancouver (a piece of property, a job which allows you to transfer back to Vancouver,) most people can't actually come back to Vancouver because of the high cost of living here.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote