REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

HAZeY film on new car from Dealership?

I just got a lancer gts from north shore mitsu. I neglected to look over the car for scratches when I took delievery. a week later Iwas washing it and noticed a rash on the rim and a big chip on the roof. Tok it back and they gave me a courtesy ca to drive. That was nice of them. They fixed the rash and the chip and I just got the car back.

Problem is, there is this hazey film on the paint and even inside on the radio display screen. At first I thought they took sand paper to the screen. It was on there pretty tough. I took some wax and was able to take it off after heavy rubbing. The same haze is all over the car on the outside too. I have no idea what it is, anyone have any idea what they used? It can be taken off with wax if I rub it in good. Just curious what it is and if there's easier way of cleaning it off.

I will call the dealership tomorrow to ask about it.
Advertisement
93civicin604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
retired

Rubbing wax on it won't do much. It could be paint over spray if they repainted anything. If it is over spray, then it would need to be wet-sanded/polished. You could always try some hand glaze over it first to see if that helps. If the haze is over any freshly painted panels, don't rub anything on it as you will scratch the surface.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Sounds like it's going to need to be polished whatever it is. Get the dealership to pay for ken's work :P
bcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

If its fresh overspray or anything else for that matter, try some clay first, Use a mild clay so you don't marr the paint. If that doesn't work, try a more aggressive clay but you will have to follow up with a polish as it will more than likely marr the paint. Use the clay on the glass as well. The retards will probably use a razor blade on the glass and scratch the hell out of it. Or as Ty said, bring the car to me and I'll give you a quote and see if the dealership will cover it.
911fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote